Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seth995 View Post
    I have been using this app since it was launch point and love it...there is one thing that seems odd. Most of my contact's pictures come from facebook which works great until they change their profile pic. When I restart the phone I get a default moon icon in place of their new pic. To get a pic on that icon I have to delete the launch point and recreate it. Hope that isn't too confusing a description of the problem...Thanks again for the app.

Seth
    Seth,
    What you are seeing is the unfortunate side-effect of restrictions placed on developers in terms of how we interact with your contacts. An app like LaunchPoint has no permission to access any of your contact information until you select a single contact from your list of contacts. This is the first step in creating a launchpoint, and is done using an interface control called the "people picker". When you, the user, select a contact, the app is passed the contact name, phone numbers, email addresses, and the locations of the contact photos on the device. This contact information, though, is only available for this single session. The app (LaunchPoint) can not return later and get updated info for that contact, unless you, the user again uses the "people picker" to reselect that contact (which is what you are doing when you delete and recreate a launchpoint.)

This issue impacts not only LaunchPoint but several other apps that deal with contact info, contact photos, etc. We as developers have asked Palm to provide a way for us to update the contacts we retrieved previously, so that, for example, all launchpoints could be updated with new contact photos, new phone numbers, etc.

Until such an update is provided by Palm, I'm looking at copying the contact photos to a separate directory where they would remain even if the contact updates their image on Facebook. That way, instead of getting the moon icon you would still see their old photo.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I know what exactly it does but I do not put Launchpoint on my first page as I have other apps I use daily. So to me having launchoint on a second page is pretty much the same as searching. Some of you may find this app to be useful but I just don't see the use of it. If I have a person that I call daily, it should be in the call history which you have access when you click on the phone icon. However, I appreciate Worthb for coming up with this program even though I don't use it.
    Love this app., had it since I got my Pre. I would like to know how to place a launchpoint on my "launcher bar", assuming that means kicking off one of the 5 already there. Is that what that means? I have them on a launcher "page", but would love to be able to turn on my phone and push an icon..ya know?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Love this app., had it since I got my Pre. I would like to know how to place a launchpoint on my "launcher bar", assuming that means kicking off one of the 5 already there. Is that what that means? I have them on a launcher "page", but would love to be able to turn on my phone and push an icon..ya know?
    Yes, that's what it means - just move one icon off the dock, just like moving them around on pages, and move a launchpoint to the dock.
    I cant delete a contact I hold the red button and tap icon it ask me to delete I click delete then it confirms I click delete and it doesnt go anywhere its still there what do I do.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerator View Post
    I cant delete a contact I hold the red button and tap icon it ask me to delete I click delete then it confirms I click delete and it doesnt go anywhere its still there what do I do.
    Lancerator,
    If you have deleted the LaunchPoint app but still had launchpoints in your launcher, you may not be able to delete them until you restart your phone. Please try restarting (orange+sym+"R") and then try deleting the launchpoints again.
    Wow Bryan thanks for the quick response. That worked. I had actually uninstalled before reading how to delete. So before I figured it out I reinstalled it then tried with red button. No luck then did as you described and worked. Thanks great app!!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Announcing version 0.7.3 of LaunchPoint Speed Dial

New Features:
    Auto-Dial - When creating a popup launchpoint, you can now set an auto-dial time (1-5 seconds). When the launchpoint is tapped, the popup will automatically dial the default number after X seconds. The perfect combination of single-tap convenience when driving, etc. and the added functionality of a popup.

New "All" Numbers dial button - This new button, labeled "ALL", will now appear next to the "Dial" button in the popup screen. It allows you to choose a number to dial from all available numbers (home, work, mobile, etc.). The best part? It's automatic! No extra steps are involved when creating the launchpoint.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    ospreyguy,
    I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I have not seen this issue before. Is the sms launchpoint linked to a mobile number or an email address? If a mobile number, do you already have an established conversation with this person in the messaging app? If you go into the contacts app and open this contact, and click the "sms" button, does that work correctly?
    I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but I searched the thread for the word "Unknown" and this mini-thread was the only one. I, too, am getting SMS links that are coming up Unknown. At first, they work fine but after subsequent tries, it comes up Unknown. I believe this issue only occurs when my friends have their phone number on Facebook and that is set as their primary profile. I had a buddy whose link kept doing this and I noticed when selecting the phone number, it was xxx.xxx.xxxx instead of the (xxx) xxx-xxxx format that I usually use. Sure enough, when I looked at his FB profile, the number was in the xxx.xxx.xxxx format. I changed the primary profile to his Google contact, created the link - the selection offered me (xxx) xxx-xxxx this time - and it has been working ever since. I even switched him back to FB as his primary profile and created a new link. The first one still works... the second one gives me Unknown. I also verified this with another contact whose link was doing the same thing. Same results. If you need anymore details, let me know.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but I searched the thread for the word "Unknown" and this mini-thread was the only one. I, too, am getting SMS links that are coming up Unknown. At first, they work fine but after subsequent tries, it comes up Unknown. I believe this issue only occurs when my friends have their phone number on Facebook and that is set as their primary profile. I had a buddy whose link kept doing this and I noticed when selecting the phone number, it was xxx.xxx.xxxx instead of the (xxx) xxx-xxxx format that I usually use. Sure enough, when I looked at his FB profile, the number was in the xxx.xxx.xxxx format. I changed the primary profile to his Google contact, created the link - the selection offered me (xxx) xxx-xxxx this time - and it has been working ever since. I even switched him back to FB as his primary profile and created a new link. The first one still works... the second one gives me Unknown. I also verified this with another contact whose link was doing the same thing. Same results. If you need anymore details, let me know.
    estockda,
    Thanks for the detailed information. I will look into it and see what I can find.
    The pop-ups with autodial push this app over the top. This functionality should have been built in to the Pre to begin with. Excellent job -- donated five bucks.

To make this even better, I'd love to see the option to add Gtalk and AIM usernames as part of the pop-up.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    The pop-ups with autodial push this app over the top. This functionality should have been built in to the Pre to begin with. Excellent job -- donated five bucks.

To make this even better, I'd love to see the option to add Gtalk and AIM usernames as part of the pop-up.
    allergic,
    Thanks! With the autodial popups, I'm finally replacing all of my own dial-only launchpoints and using popups for all of my launchpoints. For one-handed use or when driving, it's great to be able to single-tap to dial somebody, but at other times use the same launchpoint to email or text.

I am planning to rename the "SMS" popups to "MESSAGING" and allow Gtalk, AIM and cell numbers to all be used as destinations. I also may add an "ALL" button next to email and messaging if that would be useful for some people.
    I was only able to delete one of the three contacts that i made. Is there another way to delete them
    Is there a way to edit a Launchpoint after you have created it? I mistakingly created one that autodials in 3 seconds and realized I didn't want that. How do I change the preferences of it now? Other than that I am really liking this app.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by utvolfan67 View Post
    Is there a way to edit a Launchpoint after you have created it? I mistakingly created one that autodials in 3 seconds and realized I didn't want that. How do I change the preferences of it now? Other than that I am really liking this app.
    For now, you have to delete the launchpoint and recreate it. Hopefully updating will become an option as Palm expands the abilities of the SDK.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fal713 View Post
    I was only able to delete one of the three contacts that i made. Is there another way to delete them
    fal713,
    If you have deleted the LaunchPoint app but still had launchpoints in your launcher, you may not be able to delete them until you restart your phone. Please try restarting (orange+sym+"R") and then try deleting the launchpoints again.
    So I love the app...but there are several names I want to remove. So I did the hold the orange button and tap the icon...but they are still there.Is there any other way to get these icons off my page. I am referring to the launch points that I added.
    Quote Originally Posted by kity08 View Post
    So I love the app...but there are several names I want to remove. So I did the hold the orange button and tap the icon...but they are still there.Is there any other way to get these icons off my page. I am referring to the launch points that I added.
    Read the post directly above yours.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kity08 View Post
    kity08,
    I'm glad to hear that you are finding LaunchPoint useful.

I had thought that the issue of not being able to delete unwanted launchpoints was only seen when the LaunchPoint app had been deleted, and there were still launchpoints on the launcher. If you have not deleted the LaunchPoint app, there may be something else going on, but I believe the fix is still the same. Just restart your phone (orange button+sym+"R") and then you should be able to delete the launchpoints.

This does appear to be a one-time issue. In other words, I have not heard of anybody ever having trouble deleting launchpoints after they have restarted their phone.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I have a suggestion. If you use a contact with a picture, the picture is a perfect square. I think it would look better if you could round off the corners of the square, similar to the Pandora or PreJeweled icons. Anyone else agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I concur! +1
    -JerryG
    Quote Originally Posted by Examiner19 View Post
    Another for rounded corners.
    worthb,

What do you think about the rounded corners?