Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
    When I'm in file coaster, I tried to download an application and it says, Install failed: Not enough Install...? Help!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thrilsekr View Post
    Delete icon = Hold orange and tap icon.

PopUp - "Name" - Delete or Done - Press Delete
    PopUp - Delete "(name)"? - Delete or Cancel - Press Delete

Icon stays.

What am I missing?

Thanks
    thrilsekr,
    A few other people have run into this situation. I have not found out yet what may be causing it. One of the users, "Westmar", found that after restarting the phone (orange + sym + "R") the launchpoints are then able to be deleted.

I have not had additional feedback to know if after restarting the phone the problem is resolved permanently, or if it ever happens again. Please let me know if the problem comes back after rebooting.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Okay i'll try that, also when i hit the Preware Icon, it says The package manager service you're running isn't compatible with this version of Preware. Please update it with WebOS Quick Install (2). What should I do?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikea@gmail.com View Post
    Okay i'll try that, also when i hit the Preware Icon, it says The package manager service you're running isn't compatible with this version of Preware. Please update it with WebOS Quick Install (2). What should I do?
    mikea,
    I don't know if maybe you thought I was replying to your post? I was actually replying to another post. I have not used preware or Quick Install and can't help you with either program, but I'm sure they have their own forums and you will find the help you need there.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I hold down the orange button, tap, hit delete, hit delete again. It won't go away. How do I delete launch points I don't want anymore?
    I deleted the app before I deleted the lauch points and now when I use the orange button and delete the launch point, it says it was deleted, but it stays on the launcher. I tried reinstalling the app and then doing it, same deal. I made another launch point and was able to delete that one. Any suggestions.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I deleted this app since I don't see the use of it. You can do the same thing when search by typing the name of the person you want to call or text and just click on the number if you want to call and click on the text icon if you want to text.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I did the same thing that tumsrn did. They won't go away.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    You have to turn your phone off and on again to be able to delete.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonie View Post
    You have to turn your phone off and on again to be able to delete.
    Yes, this is what's helped others. As one of my esteemed colleagues says - dial 1-800-REBOOT.

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Worthb-

I have a new app suggestion for you. I created a thread for it here,
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1904507 and would love it if you might be interested in undertaking it?
    Steve
    Hey just wanted you to know that this app works great! I had originally downloaded the quick dialer which allowed you to have an entire page of photos each with a quick dialer. But this is even better becasue you dont have to launch a program &then go on and hit the pic of the contact with this you just hit the icon. This is great because it makes a digital photo phone book right on your app pages.

Have to say I dont understand how people have said they would have no use for this and you can just search your contact list - how about driving in a car and you need to dial someone - this makes it 10 times easier....thanks
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenosek View Post
    Hey just wanted you to know that this app works great! I had originally downloaded the quick dialer which allowed you to have an entire page of photos each with a quick dialer. But this is even better becasue you dont have to launch a program &then go on and hit the pic of the contact with this you just hit the icon. This is great because it makes a digital photo phone book right on your app pages.
    Stevenosek,
    I'm glad you are finding LaunchPoint useful. I don't have anything against the other solutions available, I have just tried to focus on speed and ease of use and feel that LaunchPoint wins on both counts.
    Have to say I dont understand how people have said they would have no use for this and you can just search your contact list - how about driving in a car and you need to dial someone - this makes it 10 times easier....thanks
    Sometimes I don't understand this myself either. I would think that everybody has even one or two people that they call most often. In my case, it's my wife. What could possibly be more convenient that having her picture in my quick-launch bar. The moment I turn my phone on, I can tap her picture and dial her immediately. No popup, no waiting, just instant. Maybe I'm just not doing a good enough job of explaining that. I also have a launcher page full of contacts, some are just dial launchpoints, others are popups. I like the flexibility depending on each person and how often I contact them, and in what manner.

I think a screenshot showing a fully configured launcher page would help, and maybe even a short video showing launchpoints in action.

I understand that each person's preferences are going to be different. I just don't want people to miss out on LaunchPoint before they really understand how it can benefit them.

Also, for those who bring up universal search, launchpoints are searched before the full contact list, so having launchpoint actually improves universal search as well. Try it and see.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have been using this app since it was launch point and love it...there is one thing that seems odd. Most of my contact's pictures come from facebook which works great until they change their profile pic. When I restart the phone I get a default moon icon in place of their new pic. To get a pic on that icon I have to delete the launch point and recreate it. Hope that isn't too confusing a description of the problem...Thanks again for the app.

Seth
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    For the record, I like this app, so don't take this the wrong way. I am getting ready to exchange my phone, so I was deleted non-critical apps a few days before. I figured, I have my shortcuts, I'll just delete the Launchpoint app. Then I turned off my phone for a while that day. When I turned it back on, my popup shortcuts disappeared. A restart didn't bring them back. I reinstalled Launchpoint and restarted, and my popup shortcuts reappeared. Interesting feature, you can't just create your shortcuts then drop the app.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I don't see how it can be easier than just search and tab on the number you want to use? It's basically the same thing. Search might be just a tad faster. You don't have to look for the names, it's in alphabetical order. With LaunchPoint, you would have to look for the name instead of typing it for easier search.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I don't see how it can be easier than just search and tab on the number you want to use? It's basically the same thing. Search might be just a tad faster. You don't have to look for the names, it's in alphabetical order. With LaunchPoint, you would have to look for the name instead of typing it for easier search.
    Like I said, LaunchPoint even makes Universal Search easier. Try and see.

Example: If you have 5 contacts with the initials JW, and maybe 2 of them are named Jeff, (let's say Jeff Wright and Jeff Wilson) when you type "J" universal search shows no results (just any apps you may have starting with "J"). When you then type a "W" now you will have 5 results from your contacts. You then have to type a "I" if searching for Jeff Wilson, or tap Jeff Wilson's name on the list of five, and then tap a number to dial or SMS.

Let's say, though, that you have added a launchpoint for Jeff Wilson because he is somebody you correspond with on a regular basis. As soon as you type "J", you see not only his name but a large picture icon. Again, Universal Search doesn't even start searching your contacts until you have typed at least 2 letters. If it is a dial launchpoint, tapping will bring up the dialer immediately. One key pressed and one tap. If it is a popup launchpoint, tap the launchpoint and then choose from dial, email or sms. Again, one key press and 2 taps.

Again, if you don't actually try it, you don't realize what you are missing.

Excuse the rant, I just have a hard time with statements like "I don't see how it can be easier". Well, it just is.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    For the record, I like this app, so don't take this the wrong way. I am getting ready to exchange my phone, so I was deleted non-critical apps a few days before. I figured, I have my shortcuts, I'll just delete the Launchpoint app. Then I turned off my phone for a while that day. When I turned it back on, my popup shortcuts disappeared. A restart didn't bring them back. I reinstalled Launchpoint and restarted, and my popup shortcuts reappeared. Interesting feature, you can't just create your shortcuts then drop the app.
    cwgtex,
    Launchpoints work by "pointing" to an app that is on your device, and passing parameters to that app, like a web site address, or a contact name. So, maybe a launchpoint will point to the "web" app and pass a URL for a website. That's how launcher bookmarks are created when you choose "add to launcher" when viewing a webpage, or "add to launcher" when viewing a contact from the contact app.

Popup launchpoints have to point to the LaunchPoint app, because there is no native app in webOS to generate the popup and then call the appropriate app depending on which button you select. Therefore, launchpoints created by the LaunchPoint app are actually owned by the app, and if the app is not present on the device, the launchpoints will not show in the launcher. This is just the way webOS handles launchpoints, not something I did intentionally.

Dedicated launchpoints for dial, email or sms (without using a popup) also go through the LaunchPoint app. This is to allow greater functionality that will be added with future updates.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    The whole "point" (see what I did there?) for the app is that there is no search needed to call/text the people you call the most - just tap on the launcher with the picture on the main screen.

I don't even need to open the keyboard to make a call - hit power button, swipe up, tap picture - call made.

Search is great and all, (when needed) but why search when you can just tap a picture??
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    tonie- I may be wrong here, but it seems to me that you are confusing the initial steps required to "create" each launchpoint with the actual usage of the launchpoints after they have been created.

Yes, when you first create a launchpoint fo calling me, you would have to start typing my name and the app will search your contacts and then select me, which would be the same step you take when doing a universal search for me.

What I believe you are missing here is that once you do this in launchpoint, a new icon will be placed on your first screen with my picture. The next time you want to call me, you don't open the launchpoint app. You simply look at your main screen, tap on my photo, and voila - your phone will dial my number.

Forgive me if I am misinterpreting your logic. If you know exactly what the app does and you still think that universal search is the same, then I apologize for butting in on the discussion.

cest la vie!!
    Steve