Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Great application!! Very easy to use.
    Can we get an option to add additional phone numbers (work) and emails? That would be wonderful!
    Great job on the applications....I love it already!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    My pleasure, worthb. Actually, it IS a FULL restart that's required.
    That's interesting. So what I'm wondering is now that you've reset your phone, if that has fixed the problem for good. Have you tried adding and deleting any launchpoints after you reset your phone?

Thanks again for finding a fix. I'll have to add it to the FAQ on the op of this thread.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    This awesome app just got (awesomer). I know not grammatically correct but hey its true!!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I have a suggestion. If you use a contact with a picture, the picture is a perfect square. I think it would look better if you could round off the corners of the square, similar to the Pandora or PreJeweled icons. Anyone else agree?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I have a suggestion. If you use a contact with a picture, the picture is a perfect square. I think it would look better if you could round off the corners of the square, similar to the Pandora or PreJeweled icons. Anyone else agree?
    I concur! +1

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    JerryG,
    The information is stored in the launchpoint. The only thing happening when you tap a launchpoint is the information in the launchpoint file (phone numbers and email address) is passed to the LaunchPoint app, which displays the popup. When you say very slow, what do you mean? 2-3 seconds is what I see, but other than the dialer, which always runs in the background, I haven't seen any webOS apps that load any faster, in fact most take longer. I get load times at least twice as long to load a launchpoint created using the "add to launcher" option from the system "contacts" app.

I would love for the load time to be even less. I'm hoping v1.2 will cut the time down some. Anybody with v1.2 that would be willing to measure load times for the popup launchpoints?

I have done everything I can to tweak and optimize the loading process. The only other option is to keep LaunchPoint running in the background, but then you always have a tiny LaunchPoint icon down in the dashboard, and if you accidently swipe it away, you have to wait for it to load again the next time.
    I'm on 1.2 and the load time is approx 2 seconds for the new popups.
    Seems fast enough to me.

Also have lots of tweaks and homebrew installed - I can delete launchpoints just fine.
    Another for rounded corners.
    Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 700p, Treo 755, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobvr View Post
    Seems fast enough to me.
    Nice! Thanks @bobvr!

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    As a self-proclaimed ***** at this stuff I found it very easy to install and use. Great job!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    So, have the option of assigning two numbers to dial plus an email address and a text number? Then for the dial numbers you could assign home/cell or cell/work etc? That could work. I'll have to see what the interface would end up looking like.
    I would actually like to see on the pop-up screen:
    Home
    Cell
    Work
    Email
    SMS
    Steve
    for some reason i avoided trying this app. thought id have no use.. but now i just tried it, and i love it. its perfect. thank you!!!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    for some reason i avoided trying this app. thought id have no use.. but now i just tried it, and i love it. its perfect. thank you!!!!
    I was the same way... I used the Quick contacts app and it was good enough. I gave this app a try and wow. I think this has become one of my top 5 apps... Its simple yet does a lot. Keep up the good work.

I also find the pop up feature. now I can get rid of the multiple icons for one person. I dont have any issues with it now but i will say that the current number of pop ups is just enough any more and it will take up all the screen.
    I love the app and was hoping that I could get it to work with google voice. For example it would first call google voice and then call the person I am trying to get a hold of much like gdial pro. If anyone has tested this out let me know how it works.
    I found a bug. Apparently when I made my SMS Launchpad I still had the chat in my messaging program, but I accidentally deleted the message of that Launchpad contact and now when I get messages it goes only to the Launchpad shortcut but not the messaging program...

That makes sense, right?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by -Emerica- View Post
    I found a bug. Apparently when I made my SMS Launchpad I still had the chat in my messaging program, but I accidentally deleted the message of that Launchpad contact and now when I get messages it goes only to the Launchpad shortcut but not the messaging program...

That makes sense, right?
    I'm sorry, but I can't quite follow you. What do you mean that when you get a message it goes to the launchpad shortcut? I know there are some known issues with the messaging app where if you delete a thread it won't show up again when you receive messages from that contact. I believe that's what you are seeing and it's not related to LaunchPoint. I'm sure if you search the forums you'll find others with the same issue.

If I am misunderstanding you please reply with more detail as to what's happening.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    I would actually like to see on the pop-up screen:
    Home
    Cell
    Work
    Email
    SMS
    Well, I don't want to clutter the current popup screen, and I don't want to complicate the user experience by making it more complicated to setup a popup launchpoint and having to make 4 or 5 selections, but I have a GREAT idea that should answer everybody's needs without adding any complications to the launchpoint creation process. I'm not going to say exactly what I have in mind until I get a chance to try it myself, but keep watching for something cool in the next update!
    I'm sorry, but I can't quite follow you. What do you mean that when you get a message it goes to the launchpad shortcut? I know there are some known issues with the messaging app where if you delete a thread it won't show up again when you receive messages from that contact. I believe that's what you are seeing and it's not related to LaunchPoint. I'm sure if you search the forums you'll find others with the same issue.

If I am misunderstanding you please reply with more detail as to what's happening.
    You are absolutely right. I deleted the thread and it doesn't come back when I receive or send messages to that contact. The only reason I thought it was related to LaunchPoint is because the only contact it's doing that to is the contact I set up a LaunchPoint with.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobvr View Post
    Seems fast enough to me.
    bobvr,
    Thanks for the info. That's great news! My main goal with all of this is to make LaunchPoint the QUICKEST and EASIEST way to call people (and email and text) so speed is a top concern. Glad to hear that 1.2 makes things even faster.

Also have lots of tweaks and homebrew installed - I can delete launchpoints just fine.
    I think we had 2 or 3 users with this issue (at least that reported it) and I really don't know what may have caused it, but unless lots of others are having the same problem and just aren't reporting it, I'm hoping it is an isolated occurrence, but thanks for the feedback.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I believe I have replied earlier that I would love to see this myself. The problem is that the current SDK has very limited (like almost none) image manipulation functions. There are some things that can be done with a webview widget so I'm working on it, but so far I can't get it to work as cleanly as I would like. So, long story short, I'm working on it.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Delete icon = Hold orange and tap icon.

PopUp - "Name" - Delete or Done - Press Delete
    PopUp - Delete "(name)"? - Delete or Cancel - Press Delete

Icon stays.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast