Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    A Quran App for the Pre is now available.

Features:
    - Arabic Text
    - English Translations
    - English Transliterations
    - Sura / Chapter Introductions and History
    - Arabic Recitations

This app relies on the Arabic Text and Recitation MP3's being on the Media Partition of your Phone.

You must download a zip file containing the required resources to your computer. There are two options:

-Arabic Text Only - http://www.xivix.net/quran/quran_text.zip
    -Arabic Text and Recitations - http://www.xivix.net/quran/quran_full.zip

Once downloaded, unzip the file.

You should find a folder called "Quran". Inside should be a folder called "images" if you downloaded the Arabic text only. If you chose the text and recitations, you should find two folders. One called "images" and another called ".recitations".

Then connect your phone to your computer as a "USB Drive". Copy the "Quran" folder to the top level of your phone.

Thats it.. You're done!

Latest Update
    -Fixed bug that was preventing the recitations of the last 14 suras from playing.

Last edited by majestiq; 09/16/2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: bug fix
    dadueler and Soyab0007 like this.
    Thanks a lot. Made my Ramadhan. Mods please update this app on homebrew list ASAP. Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    oh ok. Too big for homebrew app gallery. Well is there anyway you can do web app so instead of downloading all at once cant we use app to browse to webpage for each surah/verse? Just a suggestion so instead of downloading 18meg we can just download app which browse to page with Quran? I think "shortcover" book app uses something like that.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  4.    #4  
    I think the full download is the best option right now... over the web app. Allows it to be available offline. But also saves you from the long downloads that would be required for some of the suras. For example, Baqarah is around a Meg by itself. Ya-Sin is around 100k. Even 100K though can cause around a 10 second wait when downloaded over EVDO.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    thanks.

are ya thinking about including a translation and/or transliteration to this?
    Jazakallah Khair again brother for this great app!!

Ramadan Kareem to you and your family!
    thank you very much brother !!!!!! you made my ramadan even happier thank you soooo much... i wish if you can make the pre arabic enabeled device that will fantastic!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    also any plans to include recitation (id assume it would be streamed ota than included as the file would be humongous)?
    Ramadan Kareem. Been hoping for a Quran App for my Pre. JAK
    Ibrahim
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thanks bro. Have a great Ramadan.
    650700p755pPre
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Thanks for the great app. I would like to see ability to select if you want offline audio or streaming. Maybe just have the app install and then in the prefs you could select to download the audio for faster access. I already have the quran as mp3s and I only want a quran to read from.

thanks
    Unable to download the quran_full.zip file. WinZip gives a message saying it is an invalid zip. Thanks for help to resolve....
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Salaam,
    Hey man great app! But I am having 2 problems one is the same one the above guy mentioned, the full zip with the recitations does not unzip states it is "invalid", the other is that everytime I open the app it initially gives me an error message saying "text found", but then it works fine.
    im as well getting problems with the full zip file. it says the file is invalid. help!!!!
    once i download the zip file.. and i try to unzip it.. it says corrupt or invalid zip file. please help. i really want this app
    full Quran zip is corrupted. Text zip is working ok. Also when first time I opened the app it showed me window "Error....text found". But Arabic text with English translation worked. So I am not sure why it was error and not a congrats message . Anyways cant wait to get full version of zip installed once its corrected. Thanks. Jazak Allah.

17.    #17  
    My Apologies to anybody that tried to download this app already. The guys managing the App Catalog jumped the gun a little bit and made it available before I had everything ready.

In anycase, if you have downloaded this app already.. Look for version 1.0.3 to be available in the Catalog soon... please redownload it. The quran_full.zip is uploading now and should be ready by 3am on the 14th.

Thank you,
    Last edited by majestiq; 09/14/2009 at 12:57 AM.
    Mashallah, i was waitng for something like this to come out. Jazakallah, Ramadan Kareem eveyone.
    May Allah swt be pleased with you and yor actions , ameen and may He be please with us all, I was so ready for this app and what a perfect time during the last ten days of Ramadan, haven't downloaded the full yet but I'm sure the update will be great, shukran...Ramadan Kareem!
    Amazing job, masha'allah. i was going to make a comment on how to seperate the text from translation based on the previous version, but you've done it in a way better than I had suggested. Great job, jazak Allah Khayran
    elpibedeoro likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast