Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    where is the application downloading information? I was able to download ONLY the zip file but can't open the extracted folder on Palm pre.

Am I missing something?
    I have the same issue, I downloaded the files and then copied them to my Pre, and then I got stocked, I don't know how to use the software....Please Help?
    Hi, please clarify..in order to install this app do i need to use filecoaster or can i simply copy the "Quran" folder on the pre?
    Asalaam Alaikum,

This is a great App, may Allah (swt) reward all involved in proving it to us.

I have changed the Reciter to Shaykh Mishary al Rasheed, I can share the files for you guys to just copy over the current files if you like but I am having problems uploading the whole lot to Mediafire.

I have also started downloading Shaykh Abu Bakr Shaatri's recitation.
    ive got a issue also.

i have done the following

1) downloaded quran app
    2) downloaded quran folder
    3) contect plam pre to pc via usb and select usb device option sync
    4) dragged and dropped folder into plam device

after doing the above i get the error message saying "recitations not found"

Can anyone help this brother out.

Jazakallah Khair

Saqib Mahmood
    Salam Alikom,

First Thanks for the app....

I really can't get it to work .. It might be a little bit stupid, but now, I have version 1.0.6, I tried several times, but I can't get access to download either of the files that you posted in the beginning !!

Anything I should do to get it to work??
    Hi I keep attempting to download the text or full zip files but verytime I click on the url it I get a message saying it cannot connect. I really need this and would like to know how to go about it.
    i just downloaded the app but the software page say thats its expired what can i doo can you plz help me thanks

Quote Originally Posted by majestiq View Post
    A Quran App for the Pre is now available.

Features:
    - Arabic Text
    - English Translations
    - English Transliterations
    - Sura / Chapter Introductions and History
    - Arabic Recitations

This app relies on the Arabic Text and Recitation MP3's being on the Media Partition of your Phone.

You must download a zip file containing the required resources to your computer. There are two options:

-Arabic Text Only - xiv ix real estate apartment at xivix.net
    -Arabic Text and Recitations - xiv ix real estate apartment at xivix.net

Once downloaded, unzip the file.

You should find a folder called "Quran". Inside should be a folder called "images" if you downloaded the Arabic text only. If you chose the text and recitations, you should find two folders. One called "images" and another called ".recitations".

Then connect your phone to your computer as a "USB Drive". Copy the "Quran" folder to the top level of your phone.

Thats it.. You're done!

Latest Update
    -Fixed bug that was preventing the recitations of the last 14 suras from playing.

Hi, I've just downloaded the Quran App too but am not able to download the quran_full.zip file as the domain / website appears to be down.

Does anyone have copy of the file that they could put up on an FTP site or anywhere else we may be able to get this?

Looking forward to using the app, have been using Good Muslim for prayer times and adhan - very impressive. I'm glad that the number of apps for the Pre seem to be increasing day by day....
    Update - 26th Dec 2009

The xivix.net site seems to be back up now so I'm able to download the files....
    I was able to download the file from the site. As I unzip, I don't see any folders, instead I see the whole list of mp3s and gif files, so I'm assuming I'm copying all the files to my phone.
    Now on my phone, where exactly should I copy them to, do I create a general folder called 'Quran' and copy them in there, or do they specifically have to be copied to the right folder?
    I created a folder called 'Quran' and copied all the mp3s and gif files in it, but as I run the app on my phone, it still indicated that my phone doesn't have the proper files to read text, nor the recitation.

Any idea how to resolve?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I've had the Quran app since it came out. I added the zip files onto the palm and it worked fine. Now since I updated it keeps saying install failed. I deleted the app and tried again. Still failed. I deleted the Quran folders from my phone and tried still failed. Has anyone else had this problem? Need help!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    nevermind got it.
    salam brother...

please can you tell me how to get the Recitations please?...im new to all this...ive downloaded the 'quran' app from the app catalogue but no Recitations...please can you advise...
    Quote Originally Posted by xvipx View Post
    nevermind got it.
    can you plz tel me how you got it?
    Quote Originally Posted by funkychick786 View Post
    can you plz tel me how you got it?
    Salaam Sis,

You need to create a folder called Quran and download the files, the link is on the first page.

I downloaded a different reciter from ALL-Quran.com - Quran mp3 | ق | موقع القرآن الكريم which takes a while because the files for each Surah are different but its fine to replace the existing ones with them.
    jazakallah brother...will try that....

i did try the downloading into a different folder...and the only way i can make it work is have th e recitation open in one card, then open the quran in another card, which works, but when i have to change chapters, i have to do it quickly....

the reciter (play button) in the actual quran app doesnt work tho .......
    ill try your way and see wat happens...
    is so bad i tray many time not work because you layer not honest
    Sura (8:12) - I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

Is this really in the Quran?

if I don't worship Allah is this how I should be treated and is this still believed today by modern Muslims?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    Sura (8:12) - I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

Is this really in the Quran?

if I don't worship Allah is this how I should be treated and is this still believed today by modern Muslims?
    Hi

You really misunderstand the meaning, I read the arabic version and does not mean terror, it mean that " God will fight with them and put "FEAR" into the disbeliever's heart" so they can lose or runaway.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast