Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quick Text allows you to send your most common predefined messages without having to continuously type them out. Quick Text comes pre-populated with common messages like "On my way", "Running Late", "In a Meeting" and you can customize with new items. With Quick Text you may not even need to open the keyboard. Simply choose a message from your predefined list. Quick Text will interact with the existing SMS app, launching it with your selected text. Just choose a contact and click send.

Here is the Homebrew Gallery App Listing: Quick Text.

This is a work in progress. Please provide feedback and help me to iron out any bugs or enhancements.

Quick Text v0.9.2 release notes
    * Increase message size from 30 to
    160 characters
    * enhance so that pressing “enter
    key” after adding item will trigger save.
    * Fixed delete issue.

Quick Text v0.9.3 release notes
    * Fixed cancel delete issue
    * Fixed special characters issue
    * Fixed duplication bug
    Last edited by akiliking; 09/04/2009 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Added note that Quick Text is now in the Homebrew Gallery
    This looks great, when can we test it?
    nice...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Is this available yet? Couldn't find it.
    Nice, BUT...wish it would have the contact name already selected instead of having to pull out my keyboard adn type in a name from my 1000 people in the contact list.

Is this possible to integrate at the bottom of the current messenger, or is it already and I just missed it?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    After deleting some of the ones you have set, When I add my own the whole list re-populates and re-adds the ones I deleted and the one I added.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Nice, BUT...wish it would have the contact name already selected instead of having to pull out my keyboard adn type in a name from my 1000 people in the contact list.

Is this possible to integrate at the bottom of the current messenger, or is it already and I just missed it?
    You tap a canned message from the list, QuickText inserts the text into the SMS app. Choose a contact, hit send, done.

Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Is this available yet? Couldn't find it.
    It's up now, I just installed it via FileCoaster.

OP: Nice app, thank you.
    Ok so if already in a conversation can't insert text?
    Basically you can only use this to start a new text message?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Just making sure here, but this is not integrated into the SMS application right? What I mean is can I click on quick text WITHIN the SMS application?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Just making sure here, but this is not integrated into the SMS application right? What I mean is can I click on quick text WITHIN the SMS application?
    When you launch QuickText, there's a list of canned messages, plus you can add your own. Once you tap one of the messages from the list, QuickText shrinks into the background, and the Palm SMS app launches. The message you selected is pre-entered (no pun intended ), and yes, you can tap in and edit it from within the SMS app if you like. You then pick a contact to send it to, hit return and the message is sent. I can see myself using this app more than once in awhile.
    As someone else suggested, it would be great to open an existng SMS conversation in the messaging app, utilize the Pre's multitasking to switch to quick text and then select an canned messag... This way you can truly use this to bypass the keyboard!

Possible?
    Would it be possible to setup an auto reply message? kinda like an away message for IM's but for texts? Like you could setup 'driving call you back' when you are driving...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Awesome... I'm really enjoying and appreciating all the feed back here. I do see the delete bug you've pointed out and I will try to get that resolved asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u View Post
    After deleting some of the ones you have set, When I add my own the whole list re-populates and re-adds the ones I deleted and the one I added.
    nice app but need to be intergrated within text messaging....
    Great idea, anyway it can be integrated into he messegaing app like the PalmOS quick message feature?
    I noticed a text limit of 29 characters... i would love at least 160 characters. Thank you for the app!
    Also noticed that you can not delete the predefined apps either as they keep repopulating after a app restart.
    Sounds like a neat app. And I am glad someone is working on it. But I don't think I would/could really use it effectively unless it were somehow part of the SMS application (like the quicktext under PalmOS, which was EXTREMELY useful).
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Great start. This is something I have missed the most from my 755p
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    if I add more than one custom, all my customs become the same. Ie, if I add 'bite me' and then 'whats for lunch', they both say 'whats for lunch'.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast