Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by em3 View Post
    Hello, is this app linked to the phone like the quick text function on the Treos? Specifically, if someone calls and I simply want to answer with a text message, is there a prompt in the phone app that allows me to answer with quick text?

This is the function I miss most from my Treo.

Thanks,
    EM3
    Ditto. Can't wait to try it on my brand new Pre. I miss the "ignore with text" option greatly.
    KMG_365
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I will have to look into that. Im not sure if i my app can have that kind of access to the phone app (without a hack).

I'm trying to keep the app ligit for app catalog approval. But i will research that. Thanks for the feedback.
    How do I download quick text
    Link is broken on Homebrew. Where can we get this app?
    Quote Originally Posted by realmaven View Post
    Link is broken on Homebrew. Where can we get this app?
    I think it's only available in the App catalog now.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    This app is amazing! I pretty much text my wife ALL day, everyday, and usually say the same things...miss you, love you, on my way....blah, blah blah! This has certainly saved me a ton of typing! Just wondering though, what are the chances of having a "favorites list" to go with the app (i.e. I want to select the contact, select the message, then send!) Also, what about being able to somehow use the app in a PRE-existing conversation? Just some thoughts from a (sad to say) texting-slave; otherwise love the app, keep up the good work!
    Guys, I am getting a Download Failed when I try to upgrade the QuickText app, both from PreWare and from the AppsCatalog. It is like a broken link to the Cloud. Any idea what is going on here?
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    Guys, I am getting a Download Failed when I try to upgrade the QuickText app, both from PreWare and from the AppsCatalog. It is like a broken link to the Cloud. Any idea what is going on here?
    Are you running the paid version from the App Cat or the free version originally posted as a homebrew? If the latter, it seems that homebrews that were free and later listed as paid will not update via the App Cat if you are still running the older version. At least that seems to be my experience.

ME
    OnePalmAddict, I was running the free version from Homebrews. I removed the QuickText free version and I can still not install the paid version from the App Catalog.
    Bjarne Winkler
    Hmmm...interesting. I'll have to defer to others more knowledgeable than me. Anybody?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    OnePalmAddict, Thanks . I for the fun of it also try to see if I could see “left-over” stuff with the WOSQI and that I just had something stuck in the system. But that was not the case.

I looked at the web site KINGPLUS: Solutions and it is saying that it is still in beta testing, but that is not where I see it. The App Catalog shows the app, but the Palm Pre Web Site does not – hmmmm.
    Bjarne Winkler
    WONDERFULL !!! but i cannot download quick text... How? I'm a registred member...
    Quote Originally Posted by akiliking View Post
    I will have to look into that. Im not sure if i my app can have that kind of access to the phone app (without a hack).

I'm trying to keep the app ligit for app catalog approval. But i will research that. Thanks for the feedback.
    Akiliking,
    Reading through this thread it appears most people want this app integrated into the SMS app itself. I understand you want to keep it legit for App catalog status but maybe if you changed it to a patch with full integration as people are clamoring for and asked for donations many more people would pony up money then it's current form in the App catalog.

I for one would donate a lot for a fully integrated patch of "Quick Text" in SMS. And if you had it work with incoming calls and email then you'd really have something!
    I have WebOS and quick text isn't listed in its feed(s). The options on precentral are NEATO (which I don't have, and can't find) and Download Quick Text, which link sends you to precentral's homepage. Argghh. I have stored long texts (directions to my ofc for example) in Memo's and have to select all and then copy (four taps). Quadruple argghh. I miss my treo, well that trait alone.
    I have WebOS and quick text isn't listed in its feed(s). The options on precentral are NEATO (which I don't have, and can't find) and Download Quick Text, which link sends you to precentral's homepage. Argghh. I have stored long texts (directions to my ofc for example) in Memo's and have to select all and then copy (four taps). Quadruple argghh. I miss my treo, well that trait alone.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123