Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55
  1. wfrye's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #21  
    this is a great app and much needed, however, its not that practical yet. if you are like me you have a lot of contacts, so if i choose a quick text, i still have to open the key board and type to find my contacts. my list is just too long to keep flicking thru.

    i think you should add a few quick contacts. then the steps would be, i would choose a quick text, then it would prompt to select from a quick contact list. for example, 8 contacts that i always text. we all pretty much text the same people over and over. the quick contacts can be people i assign. or maybe after i select a quick text, you give 2 options, choose from quick contacts or choose from all contacts.

    that would make this app AWESOME!!!!

    thank you
  2. akiliking's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
       #22  
    That's a very good idea. I will work on that!.

    I'm submitting an update (0.9.2) to fix some of the other issues mentioned in this forum. I'll try to implement a contact solution in the next one.
  3. #23  
    Updated Opening Post to show that Quick Text is now in the Homebrew Gallery:

    Here is the Homebrew Gallery App Listing: Quick Text.

    Congratulations!

    - Craig
  4. rigo's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #24  
    Having issues when I add my own. I add one and it gets created but it also replaces a previous message I have added. So it replaces one I created previously and then i get a duplicate.
  5. rigo's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #25  
    Now when I add a new message and close the application, I reopen and it is not saved.

    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Having issues when I add my own. I add one and it gets created but it also replaces a previous message I have added. So it replaces one I created previously and then i get a duplicate.
  6. akiliking's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
       #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Now when I add a new message and close the application, I reopen and it is not saved.
    Really strange! Anyone else experiencing this type of behavior?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by akiliking View Post
    Really strange! Anyone else experiencing this type of behavior?
    Had those issues w/ the first version, but with the new version (0.9.2) that stuff doesn't happen (for me anyway).
  8. #28  
    This is great! Anyway to make it pop up in the messaging app? Thanks.
  9. #29  
    I tried to create a message stating "Driving, can't text right now." and it appears to save until I close the app. When I reopen, it is not there. If I save a message asking "Where are you?" it will save even after closing the application...Strange!
  10. akiliking's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
       #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsmiii View Post
    I tried to create a message stating "Driving, can't text right now." and it appears to save until I close the app. When I reopen, it is not there. If I save a message asking "Where are you?" it will save even after closing the application...Strange!
    Wow, thanks for pointing this out. I am looking into it.
  11. #31  
    Excellent app that gives me one of my most missed features of my Treos. The latest version corrects the delete problem for me and the 160 characters is much better.

    Feature request #1: I would like to echo the suggestion already made multiple times (see below): make the app accessible from within an existing text message/conversation thread, like the Treos. It is much more convenient and would not require any keyboard access this way. If you could implement this, you would make an already "must-have" app an "absolutely, positively must-have" app...IMHO.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Nice, BUT...wish it would have the contact name already selected instead of having to pull out my keyboard adn type in a name from my 1000 people in the contact list.

    Is this possible to integrate at the bottom of the current messenger, or is it already and I just missed it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    As someone else suggested, it would be great to open an existng SMS conversation in the messaging app, utilize the Pre's multitasking to switch to quick text and then select an canned messag... This way you can truly use this to bypass the keyboard!

    Possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly20 View Post
    nice app but need to be intergrated within text messaging....
    Quote Originally Posted by bebz View Post
    Great idea, anyway it can be integrated into he messegaing app like the PalmOS quick message feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by wfrye View Post
    this is a great app and much needed, however, its not that practical yet. if you are like me you have a lot of contacts, so if i choose a quick text, i still have to open the key board and type to find my contacts. my list is just too long to keep flicking thru.

    i think you should add a few quick contacts. then the steps would be, i would choose a quick text, then it would prompt to select from a quick contact list. for example, 8 contacts that i always text. we all pretty much text the same people over and over. the quick contacts can be people i assign. or maybe after i select a quick text, you give 2 options, choose from quick contacts or choose from all contacts.

    that would make this app AWESOME!!!!

    thank you
    Feature request #2: Allow use of Pre symbols (Sym button) in quick text entries.

    Thanks again for a very useful app! Keep up the good work.

    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsmiii View Post
    I tried to create a message stating "Driving, can't text right now." and it appears to save until I close the app. When I reopen, it is not there. If I save a message asking "Where are you?" it will save even after closing the application...Strange!
    I had this issue before upgrading to 0.9.2. Just want to make sure you've upgraded to the latest version.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  13. akiliking's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
       #33  
    Quick Text v0.9.3 release notes
    * Fixed cancel delete issue
    * Fixed special characters issue
    * Fixed duplication bug

    Still looking at quick contacts and messaging integration (if possible)
  14. #34  
    I just downlaod Quick Text 1.0 from Preware. For some not showning up on FileCoaster. Any way can some one tell me what was updated in QT 1.0?
  15. #35  
    I, too, am seeing v1.0 in the app itself? akiliking, can you clarify?

    Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  16. akiliking's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
       #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    I, too, am seeing v1.0 in the app itself? akiliking, can you clarify?

    Thx!
    ME
    Are you referring to the version listed in About. if so i need to correct it so it pulls from the app itself. The actual current version is 0.9.3

    Thanks for pointing this out.
    Last edited by akiliking; 09/04/2009 at 02:14 PM.
  17. em3
    em3 is offline
    em3's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    #37  
    Hello, is this app linked to the phone like the quick text function on the Treos? Specifically, if someone calls and I simply want to answer with a text message, is there a prompt in the phone app that allows me to answer with quick text?

    This is the function I miss most from my Treo.

    Thanks,
    EM3
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by akiliking View Post
    Are you referring to the version listed in About. if so i need to correct it so it pulls from the app itself. The actual current version is 0.9.3

    Thanks for pointing this out.
    Yes, About lists the app as 1.0. Confusing if actual (i.e., advertised) version is something different.

    Thanks for noting this and for the great app.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  19. akiliking's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
       #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Yes, About lists the app as 1.0. Confusing if actual (i.e., advertised) version is something different.

    Thanks for noting this and for the great app.
    Yeah.. I fixed that now. However i left the current version as 0.9.3 so the About will reflect properly for people newly downloading or upgrading to 0.9.3
    Thanks again for pointing that out.
  20. crm17's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #40  
    Hi,

    Very interesting app, useful, but could be much more useful as it grows.
    Thank you for writing it!!!

    One of the things I would like to do is datetime stamp an activity with a client. Amazingly, this is the first app that can stamp both date and time! That is great. What I think would be a great extension to this app is to all the building of a snippet that has a meta code for datetime. So the snippet would be "<dt> - Arrive", when I select it the clipboard would get "9/6/09 11:30pm - Arrive". Or, another way, would be to allow additive snippets so that I can hit datetime to the clipboard and then ADD my " - arrive" snippet. What I would really love is a way to do all this with a special tap when already in contacts notes or in SMS. That would make this 1000 times better.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions