Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I just installed this as my first homebrew app. Using MacOSX 10.6, had no problems at all. Everything works great, just followed the instructions on page 1...
    Thanks for making this! It's a huge help to be able to know who's texting you...
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    I'm trying to do what I can, but "it doesn't work" doesn't give me much information to go on. The more descriptive you can be, the more useful I can be. Tell me what you're doing or how it's not working. Tell me if the card isn't opening, or that you aren't getting sound notifications. Be as descriptive as possible. Thanks. I'll try my best to help.

Procedure that works for me: Install App, Open App (Card Pops Up), Add Users, Configure Users with Sound and/or Vibrate, Save Settings, Enable Monitoring, Close Card (Leaving Dashboard Icon Open). Text messages come in and I get notified in the way I specified.

Some possible things to check:
    • 'System Sounds' under 'Sounds & Ringtones' needs to be enabled.
    • If you don't want two sounds to play, 'Play Sounds' under 'Preferences & Accounts' in Messaging (AppMenu) should be disabled.
    Hatt, thank you for the tips. Specifically what doesn't work is the added users. I get no sound notifications. I only get sounds from the saved contacts. I have reinstalled like you suggested. Any help is appreciated.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I hear no sounds of any type when I get a text from a number in the program. I've left the program's card open and closed (with the monitoring toggled to on).

Any ideas?

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I like the ability to vary sound for different contacts. Is there a way to set up group texting?
    Hey could you set it up, so when you on a call it vibrates instead of playin the sound ppl on the other end can hear it...and its so loud you have to stop talkin...
    Quote Originally Posted by ntown901 View Post
    Hey could you set it up, so when you on a call it vibrates instead of playin the sound ppl on the other end can hear it...and its so loud you have to stop talkin...
    I Second that! It is really bad when I'm talking to that special someone and they can hear me getting texts after texts especially if it is late at night HELPPP!!!!
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by zookppr View Post
    Hatt, thank you for the tips. Specifically what doesn't work is the added users. I get no sound notifications. I only get sounds from the saved contacts. I have reinstalled like you suggested. Any help is appreciated.
    If you're getting sounds from the Saved Contacts, it sounds like it's somewhat working. After you modify the settings for the user you add, do you save the settings? If you want a sound to play, there should be an icon next to their name (there's also an icon for vibrate). If that is configured properly, and you see the message coming from that person, that seems very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    I hear no sounds of any type when I get a text from a number in the program. I've left the program's card open and closed (with the monitoring toggled to on).

Any ideas?
    Could you both clarify something for me? If you get a message from someone in the Configured Users list, does it still play the sound from Saved Contacts (or does it play nothing at all)?
    - If it does play the sound, it's not finding the user when the message arrives, and they should be removed and re-added.
    - If no sound plays, but other non-configured contacts play the sound for Saved Contacts, it is probably a configuration issue with the specific user.

Let me know if this solves the problem or not.
    Last edited by HattCzech; 09/13/2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Added quote from noaxis2
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by iMagi View Post
    I like the ability to vary sound for different contacts. Is there a way to set up group texting?
    That's going to be my next feature. I'm trying to figure out the best way to implement that.

Thoughts, anyone?
    - Same page as configured users?
    - Different page?
    - Something I'm not thinking of?
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by ntown901 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by solosewell View Post
    I Second that! It is really bad when I'm talking to that special someone and they can hear me getting texts after texts especially if it is late at night HELPPP!!!!
    Yeah, I've been trying to figure out a way to do this effectively. I have a few notification sounds that will practically make me deaf if I'm on the phone. Hopefully I can get that figured out soon.
    - My current solution (to prevent going deaf): flip the ringer switch to off while I'm the phone.
    I was able to download everything but it want launch. Could someone help me with this? or is it just my Pre?
    That's going to be my next feature. I'm trying to figure out the best way to implement that.

Thoughts, anyone?
    - Different page?
    Hatt,
    I think group txts are only gonna work when/if they ever categorize contacts. Until then, I have just assigned ringtones to my 20 favorite people

Still love the program, and I must be the only one that doesn't mind it being on the dashboard.
    Great app!!
    Charles

Thoughts, anyone?
    - Different page?
    if your going to implement it... i would recommend it all on one page... and then something similar to... something like AIM. where its just listed in categories...

INDIVIDUAL
    Bob - ringtone
    Jane - ringtone
    John - ringtone
    etc.

Family - ringtone
    Mom
    Dad
    Bro
    Sis

Work - Ringtone

Etc.

Giving the Functionality to select the group name and then choose which contacts are put into which groups.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Any ideas?
    I had it with the regular notifications sounds "off" and heard nothing (my niece got tired of texting "yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me")

I turned the regular sounds "on" and heard "Help you can...yes, hmmm" from Yoda (regular notification sound) but not the sound I picked for her.

Do the other programs that allow you to change the sounds conflict? I have MyNotifications also.

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    If you're getting sounds from the Saved Contacts, it sounds like it's somewhat working. After you modify the settings for the user you add, do you save the settings? If you want a sound to play, there should be an icon next to their name (there's also an icon for vibrate). If that is configured properly, and you see the message coming from that person, that seems very odd.

Could you both clarify something for me? If you get a message from someone in the Configured Users list, does it still play the sound from Saved Contacts (or does it play nothing at all)?
    - If it does play the sound, it's not finding the user when the message arrives, and they should be removed and re-added.
    - If no sound plays, but other non-configured contacts play the sound for Saved Contacts, it is probably a configuration issue with the specific user.

Let me know if this solves the problem or not.
    I had the "A-ha" moment...Facebook is the culprit. When I synced with Facebook, the number was changed for the Configured User (it added the 1 before the area code). The message came into the phone as 10 digits not 11 with the 1. I put the Facebook profile as secondary. Now it works like a charm.

Awesome app, and thanks for your patience.
    Yeah, I've been trying to figure out a way to do this effectively. I have a few notification sounds that will practically make me deaf if I'm on the phone. Hopefully I can get that figured out soon.
    - My current solution (to prevent going deaf): flip the ringer switch to off while I'm the phone.
    Cool and thanks for the quick reply. You say your current solution is to "flip the ringer switch to off". Are you refering to the switch on the top of the phone because I thought of that one but it will still go off while I'm on the phone. When im not on the phone it vibrates like I have it set to do. But if I'm talking on the phone then it will still go off and bout make me deaf. My solution so far has been using my blu-tooth at ALL times and then I just sit on my phone so they cant hear it go off when I get texts. Is there a way to make the top switch on the phone stop it from going off?

And again thank you for all your quick response and all of your efforts to make this phone functional for the thousands of people that rushed out to invest in it on pure faith. Cant thank you enough.
    when it alets you by playing the song how to you stop the song mid way so you can continue texing
    Quote Originally Posted by swaggerpro View Post
    when it alets you by playing the song how to you stop the song mid way so you can continue texing
    From what I am understanding no one has came up with a way to stop the sound once it starts.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    would it be possible to add ability for group texting? this is something i have been looking forward to have on my Pre for some time now. this is the one thing that makes me miss my old phone. I organize a pick-up game with about 50 contacts of mine and texting them on that day is a huge pain since i made the switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by swaggerpro View Post
    Easiest way is to use a short 2-5 second clip for your text notification.
  20.    #180  
    I had it with the regular notifications sounds "off" and heard nothing (my niece got tired of texting "yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me")

I turned the regular sounds "on" and heard "Help you can...yes, hmmm" from Yoda (regular notification sound) but not the sound I picked for her.

Do the other programs that allow you to change the sounds conflict? I have MyNotifications also.
    Have you tried just using the 'Saved Contacts' sound? Remove any users you have and configure that sound. Make it something different than your normal notification sound. Anyone that is in your contact list should play that sound when you get a text message. If that works, then try to configure specific users again.

As for MyNotifications, no, there is no conflict with that program.