Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    I wish someone would make a app were you can make you number prvt or uncover pvt numbers.
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by 130guy View Post
    Had hoped this cool app would help but have tried every combination of system/app sounds on and off, uninstalled 'my notifications' just in case, reset Pre.. and still absolutely nothing, ever, from Txt Manager.

Are there any other tricks I should try??

Tx,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    Dude, I am with you. I sooo badly want this to work and I have read every page and I believe tried everything and still I get nothing. I had two contacts listed. My wife which did not show ant numbers and said undefined when you clicked on her. My son, which would not play the tone I picked for him. Then when I added my daughter, it wiped out my wifes slot.
    Try the new version and let me know if it works. Greg, I'm not sure why you're having that problem, if you continue to have it after trying 0.8.6, let me know and I'll try to help you out a bit more.
    Ok people is it just me or does the app. really work ? can anyone maybe give me a hint or maybe a clue ! or even a Blues Clue ha ha ha, on how to work this app. thanks have been trying since it first came out !!
    The app is awesome, I need to go home so I can download .6. I was reading through this forum yesterday and didn't see anyone mention this, I think I have read somewhere how you can "hack" the Pre to make the button on the bottom flash when you have new messages or what ever so you don't have to waste valuable battery power illuminating the entire screen. It would be awesome to see that added as an option to this App.
    I love the concept of this app, but it's still not working the way I would like it. There's still no way to stop the notification once the text has been acknowledged. I had 1 text come in and while I couldn't get the ringtone to stop, another text came in (different ringtone) and there I was with 2 different rigntones going off at the same time with no way to stop them. I love the app, but that's one thing I can't deal with.

Keep up the good work tho.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
    This doesn't work. I can't download it on my computer is doesn't recognize the file. And I don't have that other thing you said to cut and paste it to on my phone. I don't even know what that is. I tried to email & text it but that doesn't work. Darn! I donated money too!
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by melindawarren View Post
    This doesn't work. I can't download it on my computer is doesn't recognize the file. And I don't have that other thing you said to cut and paste it to on my phone. I don't even know what that is. I tried to email & text it but that doesn't work. Darn! I donated money too!
    I added installation instructions to the page (as well as the forum). Let me know if that works for you. If not, just send me a message. I appreciate the donation. Thanks!
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by juxtapose_james View Post
    The app is awesome, I need to go home so I can download .6. I was reading through this forum yesterday and didn't see anyone mention this, I think I have read somewhere how you can "hack" the Pre to make the button on the bottom flash when you have new messages or what ever so you don't have to waste valuable battery power illuminating the entire screen. It would be awesome to see that added as an option to this App.
    Yeah, as soon as 1.2 gets released (I was hoping for it yesterday, as Sprint said it would be), I'll definitely be playing with the LEDs more. I can use them, but they're currently not accessible through apps (unless you get into the services and stuff of Preware).
    This has done very well for me. I was on-call last week, so I set up a contact entry for any text messages from work (coming in under the "unknown" id of 6245 (because the text is emailed to my phone). I also received messages from other friends I had set up with their own unique alert. The only thing that didn't work was some AIM messages from people I don't have set up in TXT Manager didn't play the "default" sound for everyone else. Instead, they were silent.

I've upgraded yesterday to the latest version and re-added my work contact and a few others. Everything is working like before. Now that I'm off pager support, I simply went to my work contact and flipped off the alert sound. I've already seen text messages come in to my phone from work, but with no alarm (bliss!).

Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpmg View Post
    This has done very well for me. I was on-call last week, so I set up a contact entry for any text messages from work (coming in under the "unknown" id of 6245 (because the text is emailed to my phone). I also received messages from other friends I had set up with their own unique alert. The only thing that didn't work was some AIM messages from people I don't have set up in TXT Manager didn't play the "default" sound for everyone else. Instead, they were silent.

I've upgraded yesterday to the latest version and re-added my work contact and a few others. Everything is working like before. Now that I'm off pager support, I simply went to my work contact and flipped off the alert sound. I've already seen text messages come in to my phone from work, but with no alarm (bliss!).

Keep up the great work!
    I've tried to set things up just like this. What is this "6245" number of which you speak? When I send a message through the email-to-sms gateway, I don't get any numbers, just the email address. TXT Manager doesn't seem to care about email addresses, just numbers (FEATURE REQUEST!)

Thanks
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkeeler View Post
    I've tried to set things up just like this. What is this "6245" number of which you speak? When I send a message through the email-to-sms gateway, I don't get any numbers, just the email address. TXT Manager doesn't seem to care about email addresses, just numbers (FEATURE REQUEST!)

Thanks
    That's what I noticed when sending text messages from e-mail as well. The number was constant, with no e-mail address. I may get you to send me a few test messages to see what you see. I'll PM you more details in a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by muggax View Post
    I love the concept of this app, but it's still not working the way I would like it. There's still no way to stop the notification once the text has been acknowledged. I had 1 text come in and while I couldn't get the ringtone to stop, another text came in (different ringtone) and there I was with 2 different rigntones going off at the same time with no way to stop them. I love the app, but that's one thing I can't deal with.

Keep up the good work tho.
    I agree great app! but next update can the ringtones just automatically shorten itself to 30 secs and go off when we open the text. I had two texts playing two different songs and they wouldn't go off even after i opened & text both ppl back the songs continued. I had to cut my phone off in order to stop it. as of right now the app is off. I guess i have to make short 30 sec ringtones hopefully until you fix that prob. but i love the app!

-Aneesah
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    Try the new version and let me know if it works. Greg, I'm not sure why you're having that problem, if you continue to have it after trying 0.8.6, let me know and I'll try to help you out a bit more.
    This version has fixed all of my issues and is now working great. I do have one question though. When a text message comes through, I am getting both sounds, the one that I chose for that particular contact and the default from the system sounds. If I turn off the system sounds then I do not get neither sounds, just the vibrate. Is there something I am going wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    This version has fixed all of my issues and is now working great. I do have one question though. When a text message comes through, I am getting both sounds, the one that I chose for that particular contact and the default from the system sounds. If I turn off the system sounds then I do not get neither sounds, just the vibrate. Is there something I am going wrong?
    You can turn off the messengers notifications sound.

Just go to preferences in messaging and you will see turn off notifications as the second option i believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SECURITY40 View Post
    Ok people is it just me or does the app. really work ? can anyone maybe give me a hint or maybe a clue ! or even a Blues Clue ha ha ha, on how to work this app. thanks have been trying since it first came out !!
    I have tried everything (including reading all 8 pages of this forum) to get this to work and it still doesn't. I've reinstalled, turned off/on system sounds, message sounds. Still nada. This is the coolest app I have seen for the Pre to date!! I just can't seem to make it work on my phone. Please advise.
    I can not wait untill this app can work without it having to stay open. I don't understand why Palm didn't think or want us to use different ringers for txt messages?

Thank you for this app!
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by SECURITY40 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zookppr View Post
    I have tried everything (including reading all 8 pages of this forum) to get this to work and it still doesn't. I've reinstalled, turned off/on system sounds, message sounds. Still nada. This is the coolest app I have seen for the Pre to date!! I just can't seem to make it work on my phone. Please advise.
    I'm trying to do what I can, but "it doesn't work" doesn't give me much information to go on. The more descriptive you can be, the more useful I can be. Tell me what you're doing or how it's not working. Tell me if the card isn't opening, or that you aren't getting sound notifications. Be as descriptive as possible. Thanks. I'll try my best to help.

Procedure that works for me: Install App, Open App (Card Pops Up), Add Users, Configure Users with Sound and/or Vibrate, Save Settings, Enable Monitoring, Close Card (Leaving Dashboard Icon Open). Text messages come in and I get notified in the way I specified.

Some possible things to check:
    • 'System Sounds' under 'Sounds & Ringtones' needs to be enabled.
    • If you don't want two sounds to play, 'Play Sounds' under 'Preferences & Accounts' in Messaging (AppMenu) should be disabled.
    This was posted over in the forum on the BatteryMonitor. If the author of Brightness Unlinked has figured out a way to get his app to run in the background maybe he'll give you his secret. I love this app, just hate the notification are always being open. I keep hitting it when I go for my home icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    Check out Brightness Unlinked! He just released an update to his app that allowed it to run in the background and he might be willing to help. Great job on what u have done so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    This was posted over in the forum on the BatteryMonitor. If the author of Brightness Unlinked has figured out a way to get his app to run in the background maybe he'll give you his secret. I love this app, just hate the notification are always being open. I keep hitting it when I go for my home icon.
    Kinda funny that you mentioned this. I'm the one who wrote Brightness Unlinked, and I also only have it working as a dashboard/notification. I was reading through this thread to see if the TxtManager dev had managed to figure out background apps :-).
    Well I wonder where the BatteryMonitor thread came up with the idea that you were getting it to work? My brain must have been confused. Blame it on Friday.