Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 259
  1. rev12's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #121  
    that fixed it! Having the TXT Manager in notification area is great. Thanks.
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    Hopefully I fixed the blank screen issue. As for the undefined name, does this happen when you try to add the user now? I have no checks in place to verify if someone is already added to the list, so they can be on there multiple times (this will be fixed once I change the storage method). Let me know if it still has 'undefined' in there. I'll look through the code and try to replicate it.
    Works perfect now with the update. Thank You!
  3. #123  
    I have been reluctant to ask these questions because apparently if you ask the wrong question in this particular forum, someone in here will blast you for not memorizing all six pages. I have read them twice and I am still confused. I have tested everything I have read and still can not get it to work. So plz bare with me, it has been a very long week and I am very tired.

    1. Does the app have to be open at all times in order to work? I was hoping this app would work without having to have it open all of the time. Who wants to have a card open 24/7?
    2. After adding my wifes name it does not show any numbers, and yes she has numbers in her contacts. If I click on her name, it says undefined.
    3. Is or is there not a conflict with the HOME BREW app "My Notifications?"
    4. Do I have to turn off SYSTEM Sounds in Sounds and Ringtones.

    I read through the forums and it seems that some people have answered both ways to these questions. Again, I am very tired and maybe I am just being stupid.

    I was hoping this app would work without having to have it open all of the time. Who wants to have a card open 24/7?

    THNX, Deano
  4. #124  
    With the latest version, you no longer have to keep a card open. When you enable it, a small icon will appear and remain at the bottom where notifications go.

    You would need to turn off sounds in the Messaging app, not System Sounds. Otherwise, you would hear two different sounds played at the same time.

    I've never tried My Notifications, so I don't know if there are any conflicts.
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    I have been reluctant to ask these questions because apparently if you ask the wrong question in this particular forum, someone in here will blast you for not memorizing all six pages. I have read them twice and I am still confused. I have tested everything I have read and still can not get it to work. So plz bare with me, it has been a very long week and I am very tired.

    1. Does the app have to be open at all times in order to work? I was hoping this app would work without having to have it open all of the time. Who wants to have a card open 24/7?
    2. After adding my wifes name it does not show any numbers, and yes she has numbers in her contacts. If I click on her name, it says undefined.
    3. Is or is there not a conflict with the HOME BREW app "My Notifications?"
    4. Do I have to turn off SYSTEM Sounds in Sounds and Ringtones.

    I read through the forums and it seems that some people have answered both ways to these questions. Again, I am very tired and maybe I am just being stupid.

    I was hoping this app would work without having to have it open all of the time. Who wants to have a card open 24/7?

    THNX, Deano
    1. The card no longer has to be open, but the dashboard does. Palm has made it difficult for me to keep the app running in the background without SOMETHING open. I'm still trying to get around that, because I know they can do it, but for now, you're stuck with the dashboard (better than the card, right?).
    2. I pull the numbers from the contact information, so if there are numbers in there, it SHOULD pull them into my app. Is the number being shown as undefined or the name? If you can, provide a screenshot and any additional information so I can try to fix that problem.
    3. There is no conflict with the 'My Notification' app (to my knowledge). If you patched your messaging app, then the notification configured in 'My Notification' will play. If you also configure my app, that sound will ALSO play. If you disable the notification sound in Messaging, then only MY SOUND will play. If you want more details on this, just let me know.
    4. No. Mine are on, and I haven't tried it without system sounds on.
  6. #126  
    Still playing notification sound and SMS sound at the same time
  7. #127  
    thank you
  8. gbray1's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #128  
    So, you said it's early and you're looking at adding more ... so my main request is to be able to set it up to play the sound / vibrate / whatever a specified number of times. You mentioned being on-call for work. That's my issue ... but I need it to play the sound every minute until I manage to wake up! ;-)
  9. #129  
    Thanks for the update. Will install soon i get home.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
  10. #130  
    One question. Have the situation where there wasn't a way to stop the SMS sound once activated been corrected?
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
  11. #131  
    ok i have two ?'s, when you select a contact and assign a sms sound, when ur on the phone wit a person, can the sound b heard thru the phone on the other end?(like will the person ur talkin to hear it) secondly, can u assign the default sound to everyone else
  12. jonnypage's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    Okay, I believe this is fixed in the 0.8.4 version, as I changed the way the sound plays. It should be a notification, and from what I can tell, should only play when the ringer switch is on. As for making it stop, I'm trying to figure out a way to do that, but I'm focusing on the background part of the app first.

    jdhartman08, did you turn off 'Show Notifications' in the messaging app? That's the only thing I can think of that would change whether or not the screen comes on. Let me know and I'll try to help you out.
    either hitting the top corner button or one of the volume buttons would be an awesome way to shut the sound off if that is possible.

    Keep up the great work!
  13. #133  
    This latest version, w/ the dashboard notification, finally works (for me.) Yet I prefer to keep my notification area clean and would love to see even that gone. Hope your able to figure out how to keep this running in the background because it's a killer app...

    Love the ability to give twitter txt a different sound then real txt messages.

    Thanks!
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by muggax View Post
    One question. Have the situation where there wasn't a way to stop the SMS sound once activated been corrected?
    Not yet. I'm thinking about having that as a part of the dashboard notification, or one of the hard keys, but I'm not sure if there's a feedback so that I can stop them. They are notifications and are supposed to be short. I'm trying to figure out a way, though. I have some lengthy sounds as well.
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by ntown901 View Post
    ok i have two ?'s, when you select a contact and assign a sms sound, when ur on the phone wit a person, can the sound b heard thru the phone on the other end?(like will the person ur talkin to hear it)
    From what I can tell, no. It should be like the regular notifications, which people should not be able to hear if you're on the phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by ntown901 View Post
    secondly, can u assign the default sound to everyone else
    Yeah, the 'Everyone Else' user is configurable the same way as any regular user, so you can set the sound to whatever you like.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    Not yet. I'm thinking about having that as a part of the dashboard notification, or one of the hard keys, but I'm not sure if there's a feedback so that I can stop them. They are notifications and are supposed to be short. I'm trying to figure out a way, though. I have some lengthy sounds as well.

    I'm not into Pre programming yet but there should be a way to stop the sounds since when one previews one of them in the "Sounds and Ringtones" section the playing can be stopped. The code is there somewhere. Perhaps not accessible from outside that ringtones section?

    Great program! Can't wait until it will work without having the dashboard icon.

    Tony
  17. 130guy's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #137  
    Love the Pre but the lack of msg notification makes it useless that way. A 1 seond buzz, no msg light (??!!) sys sound so quiet and non-definable so I have to keep picking it up, turning it on to see if I have anything. Did anyone at Palm take this thing home and try it for a day??

    Had hoped this cool app would help but have tried every combination of system/app sounds on and off, uninstalled 'my notifications' just in case, reset Pre.. and still absolutely nothing, ever, from Txt Manager.

    Are there any other tricks I should try??

    Tx,

    Greg
  18. #138  
    nice...thanks
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by 130guy View Post
    Love the Pre but the lack of msg notification makes it useless that way. A 1 seond buzz, no msg light (??!!) sys sound so quiet and non-definable so I have to keep picking it up, turning it on to see if I have anything. Did anyone at Palm take this thing home and try it for a day??

    Had hoped this cool app would help but have tried every combination of system/app sounds on and off, uninstalled 'my notifications' just in case, reset Pre.. and still absolutely nothing, ever, from Txt Manager.

    Are there any other tricks I should try??

    Tx,

    Greg
    Dude, I am with you. I sooo badly want this to work and I have read every page and I believe tried everything and still I get nothing. I had two contacts listed. My wife which did not show ant numbers and said undefined when you clicked on her. My son, which would not play the tone I picked for him. Then when I added my daughter, it wiped out my wifes slot.
  20. #140  
    i think the only things that are missin are cutting the sound off instead of playin the whole thing and the running in the dashboard thing other wise a great app......
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions