Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Would love to see a true application description in this thread along with change log like all the other apps in the homebrew section.
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    Currently, this is a supplement to the messaging notification. It will play the messaging sound (if enabled), then the configured sound. If you turn off messaging notification sounds, and add users to this list, then it can be used to play only the sounds configured in the program.
    I like the app but I want to be able to have separate ringtone for both e-mail & SMS like my Treo and Centro does. I tried what you recommended but I can't get it to work so I'm using My Notifications instead and deleting this app. If I can make this work in conjunction with My Notifications I would use it. Thanks anyway.
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Can not get it to work... It works only if i have program open. Is that the way it suppose to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by jar79 View Post
    Can not get it to work... It works only if i have program open. Is that the way it suppose to work?

Same here! I like the app, but I don't like to leave a card open if I'm not using it. I will reinstalled once that is corrected.
    Yeah, I'm working on that right now. Thanks for the input!
    Excellent update to the software. "Everyone Else" is exactly what this app needed. Now we can turn system sounds off for good!!!

THANKS.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    My ringer switch no longer functioned after installing this app. Also, all alerts stopped after I closed the card. Re-opening the app did not fix it. Seemed really buggy on my device. I may try to delete and reload a newer version later.
    Have an auto reply message that can be turned on and off
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by bal2ifal View Post
    Have an auto reply message that can be turned on and off
    Hehehehe, that is on my to-do list. I'll be working on an auto forward option as well.
    The only problem I found is being unable to stop the ringtone
    Othr than that I love this!!!
    I've been looking for an app like this
    So far this is my #1 fav app!
    Currently, this is a supplement to the messaging notification. It will play the messaging sound (if enabled), then the configured sound. If you turn off messaging notification sounds, and add users to this list, then it can be used to play only the sounds configured in the program.
    I have tried this a few times. Am I missing something? No matter what mp3 I select, nothing happens. I have the system sound on and I get that, but then nothing.

Has anyone other than the programmer gotten this to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    I have tried this a few times. Am I missing something? No matter what mp3 I select, nothing happens. I have the system sound on and I get that, but then nothing.

Has anyone other than the programmer gotten this to work?
    same here
    I've read all 5 pages of this thread, and haven't seen anybody state this problem.. so maybe it's just me. Or maybe I missed something:

When I have the ringer switch off, the sounds still play. Also, the my screen no longer lights up when I get a text.

But other than that, excellent program!
    I tried for about an hour to get this app to work and still no luck. Waiting for an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica91 View Post
    The only problem I found is being unable to stop the ringtone
    I have two problems with this app. The first one is stated in the above quote. I have a couple of SMS contacts assigned to full lenght mp3's and when an assigned text comes in, there's no way to stop the notification from playing. One time I had 2 text come in and both songs were playing at the same time, it was a HOTT MESS!!! The only way to silence it was sliding the switch from ring to vibrate. The second problem is being able to make this app work without leaving the card open. It would be nice to open the app, program an contact or two, minimize the card, flick it off the screen and have it work properly. Other than that, thanks for developing an app that palm should have included.
    Last edited by muggax; 08/24/2009 at 01:20 PM.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhartman08 View Post
    ...When I have the ringer switch off, the sounds still play.
    I'm having the same problem. Haven't noticed the screen not lighting up, though.

Was quite embarrassing today as I thought the phone was silent and I got a text from my girlfriend and Ted Nugent's Stranglehold (no reflection on our relationship ) starting playing. I was pushing all kinds of buttons trying to turn it off. Finally took the battery out.

The length of the ringtone is learn-able on my part. Not knowing it would still work even when the phone is on silent I'll just call a bad time to learn that one.

I really do like being able to identify who a text msg is from without looking at the phone. I think this is a great app and I'll keep it on my phone. Ted Nugent's gotta go, though.
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhartman08 View Post
    When I have the ringer switch off, the sounds still play. Also, the my screen no longer lights up when I get a text.
    Quote Originally Posted by f22loader View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Haven't noticed the screen not lighting up, though.

Was quite embarrassing today as I thought the phone was silent and I got a text from my girlfriend and Ted Nugent's Stranglehold (no reflection on our relationship ) starting playing. I was pushing all kinds of buttons trying to turn it off. Finally took the battery out.
    Okay, I believe this is fixed in the 0.8.4 version, as I changed the way the sound plays. It should be a notification, and from what I can tell, should only play when the ringer switch is on. As for making it stop, I'm trying to figure out a way to do that, but I'm focusing on the background part of the app first.

jdhartman08, did you turn off 'Show Notifications' in the messaging app? That's the only thing I can think of that would change whether or not the screen comes on. Let me know and I'll try to help you out.
    This is fantastic! It's exactly what I need to handle pages from work (and to "ignore" them when I'm not on call). Now I don't have to carry 2 additional brick text pagers around. Life just got better.
    at the first posts it says: "The app has to be open to play sounds".
    was this fixed?
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    at the first posts it says: "The app has to be open to play sounds".
    was this fixed?
    Not yet, but I'm very close. I'm hoping to get this working by tomorrow (hopefully tonight, but we'll see).
    I don't know if someone has already suggested this before: can you include sound for people in your contacts list and then all others (those not on your contact)?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast