Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    i wish Palm would just allow a different sound to be played based on the event. all of this other stuff seems so complicated.....
    another kewl thing, about this program if you leave on the regular system message comes thru the handset, but the message alert will come thru your bluetooth, kewl as hell, now if we could assign calls that same way, then we would know who was calling without looking
    Am I the only one that had the program working, and now only get a white screen when I open it? Definitley one of my favorite apps while it was working.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Charles
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    Am I the only one that had the program working, and now only get a white screen when I open it? Definitley one of my favorite apps while it was working.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Charles
    chucklique, I was able to duplicate your problem on the emulator. It looks like it might be an issue with how I'm storing the data. It might be hitting the size limit for the cookie. I'm definitely looking into that, and will try to have a fix for it shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    chucklique, I was able to duplicate your problem on the emulator. It looks like it might be an issue with how I'm storing the data. It might be hitting the size limit for the cookie. I'm definitely looking into that, and will try to have a fix for it shortly.
    Thank you!!!
    Again, excellent APP!!
    Charles
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    Thank you!!!
    Again, excellent APP!!
    Charles
    Okay, try the new version: 0.8.2. It should clear the cookie if it has a problem (you will have to open the app twice I believe, seeing a couple errors). Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Currently, this is a supplement to the messaging notification. It will play the messaging sound (if enabled), then the configured sound. If you turn off messaging notification sounds, and add users to this list, then it can be used to play only the sounds configured in the program.
    I like this app but, if I turn off the Pre's original messaging notification sounds, then a message from someone who I have not configured in TXT Manager will come in with no sound at all.

So, can you add a user called "all others" so that I don't have to add every one of my contacts as a users?
    Steve
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    So, can you add a user called "all others" so that I don't have to add every one of my contacts as a users?
    Yeah, I'm working on that right now. Thanks for the input!
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Is it normal to have to keep the card open for this app to work?

Great app, btw. This fixes one of my major annoyances with the Pre.
    this is a great program. one thing I am really looking for and one of the only reasons that I downloaded this app, the ability to use emails that send sms. I am a firefighter and I have all of my fire "calls" sent to my phone as text messages, but it comes from a email address and it wont let me add that as a contact.

Thanks,
    JJ
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    It's not a conflict with "My Notification" as that program does nothing but change the sound that would have been played by the palm framework anyway.

It's a conflict with the Palm Sound Settings in the Sounds and Alerts Program or Messaging Program. Turn off notification sounds as described in the last post on the first page to resolve your problem.

Seriously, people not reading threads before posting is really starting to **** me off, Grow up everyone and read for yourself, this thread is only three pages long.
    Seriously, ignorant people making judgments and assumptions based on their own immaturity level really **** me off, and obviously need to grow up themselves.

You really have a lot of nerve, and obviously no common sense, to automatically presume someone is stupid, lazy or whatever it is you ineffectively tried to communicate in your unacceptably rude reply. For your information, I "DID"....yes, can you read "DID".....read that post. In fact, not only did I READ THE POST, but I tried many other things to manage the issues I was having on my own - obviously another sign "this" individual doesn't need to grow up as you insinuated. It wasn't until after I READ THE POST I attempted to ask a very simple question from a forum I was told was very helpful. I never expected to be verbally attacked and insulted by someone like you, particularly a supposedly developer. How dare you be so pathetically pretentious that you feel you have the right to make inaccurate assumptions and berate someone for just trying to learn your program as you did. I guess if you were more mature though, you would've known all this and not acted so hastily before having all the facts.

I'll know better than to EVER ask for any help from anyone in this Godforsaken place, much less from developers, if they're anything like you.

Oh, and thank you Yohimbe35, for having the maturity to call people on their extreme juvenile behavior.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    From the First page:
    Currently, this is a supplement to the messaging notification. It will play the messaging sound (if enabled), then the configured sound. If you turn off messaging notification sounds, and add users to this list, then it can be used to play only the sounds configured in the program.
    From the Second page:
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    so to confirm, I must turn OFF messaging sounds? and then manually add each person to the list?
    Correct. You can leave the 'Play Sounds' on in Messaging, but it will play the default sound, followed by the sound configured in my app. Turning off 'Play Sounds' means only the sound configured in my app will play.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntown901 View Post
    you have to turn off your system sounds
    Then a few posts into the Third Page You post:
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpisme View Post
    I want to use this app but no matter what I do it will not override or work instead of MyNotifications app. Has anyone figured out how to "turn off" MyNotifications for this app to work other than deleting it?
    If you would have done any of the above things, it would have solved your problem. Now, if you would look around the forum (go read the My Notification thread for an example), you will quickly see the same questions being asked over and over. And a browsing of the threads in the other sections of this site will reveal many, many similar topics from people not reading or doing a simple search for things.

I did answer your questions in terms of conflicts with My Notification first (an application which I created), and I do apologize for making that last comment seem directed towards you, as in reality, it was meant for the greater community in general and not just that specific instance.

This will be the last I comment on this topic in this thread, as the purpose of this thread is for the work that HattCzech has done on this awesome utility.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Okay, try the new version: 0.8.2. It should clear the cookie if it has a problem (you will have to open the app twice I believe, seeing a couple errors). Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.
    So far, so good.
    Thanks!!
    Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmarturano View Post
    this is a great program. one thing I am really looking for and one of the only reasons that I downloaded this app, the ability to use emails that send sms. I am a firefighter and I have all of my fire "calls" sent to my phone as text messages, but it comes from a email address and it wont let me add that as a contact.

Thanks,
    JJ
    I am looking for this exact function to use with Nagios to monitor servers. It would be great if it would handle this for me. Even an option to say.. use this sound for all SMS would be helpfull.

Thanks
    I just discovered that the text messages from email do seem to be attached to some number. I entered the number at the top of the SMS app window to a contact and then was able to set a sound using this app. This is awesome. Now I just need to make a cool alert. In my case the number it was tied to seemed to show up as 6245 which could be what comes up with it is from an email.

Awesome...

One request would be.. is there a way to set the volume.. It seems that the sounds are not as loud as the volume that is set on the phone.
    Last edited by gshocker; 08/21/2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Great app, is this only for txt or for gchat also?
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    btw, it still works. great work. can't wait until it is a background process... ;-)
    I also cannot wait. Talk to the creator of the notifications program, his runs in the background. Actually if you guys could combine the programs into one notification type of program, that would be the best options for us users.

Either way, great work so far.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Great app!!!
    Can this app be tweaked to customize email alerts too?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    So do I need to download the messaging notification program in order for this to work?
    Ok, you may already know this, but the storage problem seems to exist after loading the 10th contact. After adding the 11th contact, I get the following error msg: Error: Type error: cannot read property 'length' undefined
    When I close the program and open it again, I get this message; User list: URI error: URI malformed. It also deletes my list and I have to start over. I will say 0.8.2 fixed the problem in 0.8.1, because I couldn't get the program to work after the error in that version, so you are definitely making progress!! Great job!!

Of course, this problem would be solved if Palm had thought like my 13 yr old daughter when she asked me how come I have to enter them individually, "why don't U just put them in categories daddy"?
    Palm, if you are reading this she needs a job, because she's at that spending age.

Love this app and your support!!
    Charles
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast