Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    i have found an issue. (minor cosmetic issue)
    i have servers in my datacenter page me for trouble. the pages are sent via smtp so when they hit my Pre, the phone number associated with them is only a 4 digit number.
    I added a contact to the Pre with the 4 digit number and the contacts app takes it without issue, however, when i add it to TXT Manager, it complains the user is undefined. See screeny;

ScreenShot

btw, it still works. great work. can't wait until it is a background process... ;-)
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Great app love it!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inodaspot View Post
    Having the same problem.. Can't choose specific number if contact has multiple numbers...

But the app is awesome.. Loving it.. once the bug is fixed... will be totally awesome
    +1
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    When you can make this happen without using the "com.palm" naming trick, I would love to work with you to combine My Notification and this functionality.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    ok, maybe its just me, but your program does not work.

I wonder if its because theres a conflict with My Notification program?

Overall, no matter what mp3 I choose, it doesnt play it and only plays the original default system sound
    I want to use this app but no matter what I do it will not override or work instead of MyNotifications app. Has anyone figured out how to "turn off" MyNotifications for this app to work other than deleting it?
    I dont know if anyone got this but i found a little bug, I am trying to add my wife, she has 3 #'s work, home and cell, and it doesnt let me choose # it just adds the middle # which happens to be her work. Thought you should know this
    Hell ya. Good job. Thanks for the App
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    not working ...yeah
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpisme View Post
    I want to use this app but no matter what I do it will not override or work instead of MyNotifications app. Has anyone figured out how to "turn off" MyNotifications for this app to work other than deleting it?
    It's not a conflict with "My Notification" as that program does nothing but change the sound that would have been played by the palm framework anyway.

It's a conflict with the Palm Sound Settings in the Sounds and Alerts Program or Messaging Program. Turn off notification sounds as described in the last post on the first page to resolve your problem.

Seriously, people not reading threads before posting is really starting to **** me off, Grow up everyone and read for yourself, this thread is only three pages long.
    This shows a lot of promise, however I don't think it will work for me until it runs as a background app.

Also, I have to be able to interrupt the music by pressing a key. Maybe it would be easier if it looped a short sound file until a key was pressed instead of interrupting a currently playing sound file. I'm looking for this to act as a pager and I want a long notification so I don't miss it, but I don't want to be forced to listen to it forever either.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    When you can make this happen without using the "com.palm" naming trick, I would love to work with you to combine My Notification and this functionality.
    Sounds great. I think I would need palm to allow access, though. I tried when my app without the com.palm... and it didn't work, so it's stuck there for now.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    Sounds great. I think I would need palm to allow access, though. I tried when my app without the com.palm... and it didn't work, so it's stuck there for now.
    Yeah I noticed that you were calling the palm://com.palm.messaging service. I know that in a coming soon release palm is going to allow third-party access to com.palm.downloadManager which is a BIG step in what I wanted to do with My Notification. If they open up all the other services this would be exactly what we need.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    It's not a conflict with "My Notification" as that program does nothing but change the sound that would have been played by the palm framework anyway.

It's a conflict with the Palm Sound Settings in the Sounds and Alerts Program or Messaging Program. Turn off notification sounds as described in the last post on the first page to resolve your problem.

Seriously, people not reading threads before posting is really starting to **** me off, Grow up everyone and read for yourself, this thread is only three pages long.
    I have read the forums. If it pisses you off so bad, stop reading them.
    Turning off notifications sounds is not the answer. I still need to hear my e-mail notifications and also texts from people that I don't have listed as favorites.
    Why not settle down and let people ask questions. If it annoys you that bad. Don't read them. Your answer is more annoying than someone honestly asking a question they don't know the answer too!!!!!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohimbe35 View Post
    Turning off notifications sounds is not the answer. I still need to hear my e-mail notifications and also texts from people that I don't have listed as favorites.
    Why not settle down and let people ask questions. If it annoys you that bad. Don't read them. Your answer is more annoying than someone honestly asking a question they don't know the answer too!!!!!
    Even yourself didn't read the posts thoroughly or you too would have seen that you can either turn off system sounds OR turn off the sounds in the messaging application and then you will still get your other sounds.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Today's helpful tip: Flaming the developers is probably not a good idea, even when they fire the first shot.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I guess I didn't. I'm trying to make it work. Is it that bad to ask questions.
    I did read every post, but I must of missed it. I will try it, because this will be awesome.
    When you say messaging application, what are you talking about? I have looked under my notification program and also under sounds and ringtones.
    I didn't know you were the one that made my notifications. I'm loving that program.
    Thank-you very much!!! It's been on my phone since you made it.
    Sorry about my post before.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uminchu View Post
    Today's helpful tip: Flaming the developers is probably not a good idea, even when they fire the first shot.
    I appreciate the tip. And as you can read above. I said I was sorry.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I guess I didn't. I'm trying to make it work. Is it that bad to ask questions.
    I did read every post, but I must of missed it. I will try it, because this will be awesome.
    When you say messaging application, what are you talking about? I have looked under my notification program and also under sounds and ringtones.
    I didn't know you were the one that made my notifications. I'm loving that program.
    Thank-you very much!!! It's been on my phone since you made it.
    Sorry about my post before.
    The actual messaging application (the two chat bubble icon). In the AppMenu you can select Preferences and Accounts and the first set of options is to display notifications (the banner at the bottom of the screen when new messages come) and to Play Sounds, this will prevent the palm programs from triggering the sound when a new message comes and let TXT Manager handle the sound playing.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Thanks alot. You see you helped me out. I'm sorry for not knowing that part.
    Do you know if I don't have a person listed in text manager, will I not get a sound for them?
    The only way I get it to work is to keep card open it will work if I close the the card it doesn't hope this helps somebody
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast