Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    found a bug: multiple #s from a contact, I cannot choose the correct number?
    The contact structure for webOS is a bit tricky. It selects the first phone number in the contact array, which isn't necessarily the first number in the list, either. I wanted to get this app out there so I can get feedback, and I am working on a better interface for number selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    Currently, this is a supplement to the messaging notification. It will play the messaging sound (if enabled), then the configured sound. If you turn off messaging notification sounds, and add users to this list, then it can be used to play only the sounds configured in the program.
    so to confirm, I must turn OFF messaging sounds? and then manually add each person to the list?

edited - eh still doesnt work.

anyone else can get this program working?

just deleted the app until someone can confirm it works
    Last edited by trim81; 08/20/2009 at 11:59 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Correct. You can leave the 'Play Sounds' on in Messaging, but it will play the default sound, followed by the sound configured in my app. Turning off 'Play Sounds' means only the sound configured in my app will play.
    for me it worked flawlessly with "play sounds" toggled on.

edit: it actually only worked while the application was opened.
    Last edited by Jtemple33; 08/21/2009 at 12:51 AM.
    I'm viewing from my pre can you please post the full link so I can manually enter it into filecoaster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHonkey View Post
    I'm viewing from my pre can you please post the full link so I can manually enter it into filecoaster
    its on the first page in code so it can be copy and pasted. check mamoutan's post.
    Thanks JT I'm a tool I have no idea how to copy and paste that link thankfully its posted in the gallery now !
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHonkey View Post
    Thanks JT I'm a tool I have no idea how to copy and paste that link thankfully its posted in the gallery now !
    there was a post which had already had the link... i guess he deleted it?
    but i just dont understand why you needed the full link?
    even if your on your pre, just click on the link in the OP then a lot of code comes up, but just scroll to the address bar at the top. the whole things already highlighted then just copy it and paste it into file coaster. its more convenient then doing it manually anyways.
    Last edited by Jtemple33; 08/21/2009 at 12:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    found a bug: multiple #s from a contact, I cannot choose the correct number?
    Having the same problem.. Can't choose specific number if contact has multiple numbers...

But the app is awesome.. Loving it.. once the bug is fixed... will be totally awesome
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Looks like a really niffty app!!!

So do you need to have the app open at all times for it to work properly, you are working on that, correct? (remember though... AWESOME work! not trying to criticize)

Other request (when everything is worked out a little bit) Have different vibrate
    attributions for a specific contact.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    ah theres my problem, I need the app to be open all the time
    Great app! i Have installed it, but i havent tested it yet. There isnt an option to remove a contact currently. Do you know how to permanatly remove a homebrew app? I tried the orange + hold (app). it worked with one app but now the command doesnt work at all anymore. ive been trying to delete a few homebrews. the My Notification shortcut is deleted but it still plays the sound and my memory percentage is the same. The sound is very muffled and its annoying so I want it off until a new improved version is released.

Thanks in advanced
    Hi,
    This is a great app and was working fine until I loaded what I think was my 20th contact.
    The screen started going haywire and I saw a bunch of text scrolling up my screen. Now I just get a white screen when I try to open the program. I've uninstalled and re-installed it, but nothing but the white screen.
    I loved this program while it was working.
    Any ideas on what I did wrong?
    Thanks
    Charles
    Great looking app...

Downloaded from the fileCoaster homebrew list

Found if you create a new contact with just one number, then select it you dont have to worry about the inability to choose the correct number on a contact with multiple numbers.
    Will test more tomorrow..

Do you have to keep the app open to monitor SMS's?
    sent from my Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslangford View Post
    There isnt an option to remove a contact currently
    Just swipe the contact to the right and the delete/cancel buttons will appear
    sent from my Palm Pre
    Wow, great concept! Does it work for email contacts that send you an SMS? I'm looking to get pages from an email sent to my text message address. The contact wouldn't contain a phone number, only an email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    there was a post which had already had the link... i guess he deleted it?
    but i just dont understand why you needed the full link?
    even if your on your pre, just click on the link in the OP then a lot of code comes up, but just scroll to the address bar at the top. the whole things already highlighted then just copy it and paste it into file coaster. its more convenient then doing it manually anyways.
    Got ya lol as soon as I saw all that code pop up I just trashed the card not even thinkin about scrolling up to the url address thanks brotha !
    Are you planning on adding quick text to this app? Great start, will be very useful.
    Why do I hear the original Palm notification sms tone behind the one I replaced it with?
    you have to turn off your system sounds
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast