Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by eemqjunk View Post
    Is this something planned for the future and when can we expect to see it?

I think there is a serious market out there for people like myself who shuffle two cell phones around. It would be great to set my palm pre to auto forward sms texts to another phone and/or email. This is something i would actually pay for!!

Is there something like this available already, and haven't google'd enough :P

Anyone try the old PalmOS SMS Commander on the Pre with Classic Apps?? wonder if it works...

HELP!! PLEASE SOMEONE CODE THIS UP!!
    I have it working on my personal version, but I'm trying to make this more of a commercial app. The hard part is trying to find a reasonable way to get this into the official Palm App Catalog, but I might be able to figure that out shortly. I am trying, and hopefully I can have something out there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kize80 View Post
    The "TXT Manager" Application sometimes just disappears from my Palm Pre Dashboard. Does this mean that "TXT Manager" is disabled? Or is it still enabled, just not showing on the dashboard?

The issue is that I am on-call for work, and have a very loud and annoying right for work calls. But what if "TXT Manager" disables itself while I'm sleeping. I may miss the call...

Thanks in advance for the help!
    I've had that happen to me a couple of times as well, and to be honest, I'm not sure what causes it. I'll keep looking into it, and hopefully find something.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I really like this app. It has allowed me to go back to vibrate only. What I would like to see is more customization for vibration, as can be seen in the Droid app Smart Vibrator. Short of that, allowing the vibe to last up to 10 seconds would help.
    one of the most frustrating things about my palm pre is when I get a txt I miss the tiny vibrate it gives me and therefore I have no idea I have any text's send to me. It seems like this app resolves that issue. Is this correct? If so, can I set it up so ALL text's sent to me use the 3 second vibrate? It seems like I should be able to do that with the "saved contacts" and "unknown callers" options, but when I set those, it doesn't change the vibrate to 3 seconds like I told it to. I can only get this app to work for the individual users I add.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I get the 3 second vibrate to work for any and all text's that are sent to me?

Thanks
    Does this app still works only if running in the dashboard or has that limitation gone?
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Does this app still works only if running in the dashboard or has that limitation gone?
    I am working on that right now and hope to have it resolved very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    I am working on that right now and hope to have it resolved very soon.
    that's what I wanted to hear babe
    I suddenly remembered why I uninstalled this app many months ago, the "saved contacts" tone overrides the configured single contacts, which makes pointless to have a tone for a single user if it's then considered as saved contact. Single contact tones should override saved contacts not viceversa!
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I suddenly remembered why I uninstalled this app many months ago, the "saved contacts" tone overrides the configured single contacts, which makes pointless to have a tone for a single user if it's then considered as saved contact. Single contact tones should override saved contacts not viceversa!
    Configured users are checked first, then saved contacts, and finally unknown callers. If the numbers do not match exactly, then it will move on to the next group.
    I doubt what you're saying, as with my Pre "Saved Contacts" overrides everything. And before you ask, of course numbers stored are correct.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    cool
    Glad to see progress on this app

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    Configured users are checked first, then saved contacts, and finally unknown callers. If the numbers do not match exactly, then it will move on to the next group.
    Configured users are NOT checked first with my phone, I've tried many times but I only hear the "saved contacts" tone, what's wrong with it?
    Last edited by crowning73; 07/19/2010 at 01:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis.pendleton View Post
    i too have problems with text tones assigned to individual contacts not working, instead i get the "known contacts" text tone.
    is this issue solved?

Quote Originally Posted by kize80 View Post
    the "txt manager" application sometimes just disappears from my palm pre dashboard. Does this mean that "txt manager" is disabled? Or is it still enabled, just not showing on the dashboard?

The issue is that i am on-call for work, and have a very loud and annoying right for work calls. But what if "txt manager" disables itself while i'm sleeping. I may miss the call...

Thanks in advance for the help!
    is this issue solved?
    Will this work with emails that come as texts? I havent had success with that yet but if I am doing something wrong let me know. Or if there is another patch but I desperately need something like this..
    The only thing I don't like about TXT Manager is small icon that takes screen real estate when app monitoring is ON. Is there way to remove icon?

I tried everything to get this app to work. I turned off system sounds under sounds & ringtones. I also muted my messaging sounds under preferences & account. I set up a contact under configured users but i still cant hear the sound that it plays.

plz help
    Okay....this is my goal. I want sounds/vibrations ONLY from those that I've added specifically from my contacts on my legacy PRE. I still want visual notifications of ALL texts/notifications, but do not want them to sound at all. So, what settings do I have to enable/disable to accomplish this step by step. Thanks.
    I, too, am having the problem of the "saved contacts" tone overriding the configured single contacts. And seeing as though it hasn't been fixed yet, I was wondering if there is any way i can be notified when it is? This is a great app & I look forward to this issue being fixed so I can use it.
    Okay...I've done a search through the forum and can't find anyone else having this problem, so I suspect it's user error, but I cannot get any contacts added to the User list. I've configured a group (Family) and when I click on Add User, it pulls up my address book. Once I click on the name of the person I'm trying to add, the screen blanks for a second, then returns to the Group Configuration screen. I've tried adding users from the Configured Users option in the Monitoring screen, but that does the same thing. I'm on a Pre2, running WebOS 2.1.0. Any ideas on what I'm overlooking? TIA
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213