Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Thank you for this app. The most important thing in a phone for me is to be able to get my son's calls and texts and this app does it for the texts. I do have a request though. Is it possible to lengthen the vibration to 5 seconds? I'm still missing notifications (and I have it set to the max of 3 seconds) because I can't feel it in my pocket.
    Thanks!!!!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    On settings for vibration time, 5 seconds is no longer available??? Also when I receive a incoming call vibration keeps going which I want but on incoming texts vibration is like the default phone setting even though I have it set for 5 seconds, which again is missing in settings. 3 seconds is the longest duration. Was there a update to remove the 5 seconds? Thanks
    Ashamed to say I can't understand how you delete a contact once you've added it, can you?
    This would be an awesome app if it would keep playing the sound every few minutes until you acknowledged the txt message. When one is on call, the problem is that you won't hear the txt sound and don't know you were paged until you visually check the phone.

There is an app for the blackberry to do this (blackberry alerts) which sells for $10. I'd pay more for this app on the pre. I have seen many posts at other forums from people who want this feature on their pre.
    I too have problems with text tones assigned to individual contacts not working, instead I get the "known contacts" text tone.
    my set up at the moment is
    "Sounds & Ringtones".....Ringer Switch Off= OFF
    "System Sounds".... = ON
    Running "My Notification"
    Settings...... Notification Sounds = tone assigned
    Calender Alert Sound....= tone assigned
    Txt monitoring
    Settings..... Saved Contacts = tone assigned
    Unknown callers = tone assigned
    Configured users .... 1 set and tone assigned

Unknown numbers and "unknown callers " tone sounds
    Saved Contacts and "saved contact" tone sounds
    Configured user texts and "saved contact" tone sounds

Congrats on two very good apps Keep up the development work
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis.pendleton View Post
    I too have problems with text tones assigned to individual contacts not working, instead I get the "known contacts" text tone.
    Same here, I think the know contacts tone overrides the individual contacts tone, which nullifies the app really...
    I just wanted to say thanks for the app! I was on-call last week, and your app allowed me to change my phone to use a louder, attention getting, alert for work related text messages. The default system alert certainly would not have woke me up for some early morning messages.

Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to future enhancements.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    the main feature of interest for me is the longer duration for vibrate. when at a concert or party, the default duration is just too short to realize that a text message has been received. does anyone know where in the code and which file this can be modified?
    can anyone confirm is this working on 1.3.1 update?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    can anyone confirm is this working on 1.3.1 update?
    Yes, it was one of the first programs I checked and it is working fine
    Charles
    do you have to leave the txt manager notification in the tray on for this to work? will it work with monitoring turned off?
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Ashamed to say I can't understand how you delete a contact once you've added it, can you?
    Swipe it off the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by elmiron3 View Post
    This would be an awesome app if it would keep playing the sound every few minutes until you acknowledged the txt message. When one is on call, the problem is that you won't hear the txt sound and don't know you were paged until you visually check the phone.

There is an app for the blackberry to do this (blackberry alerts) which sells for $10. I'd pay more for this app on the pre. I have seen many posts at other forums from people who want this feature on their pre.
    That is part of my plan, but a bit trickier than I originally planned.

Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Same here, I think the know contacts tone overrides the individual contacts tone, which nullifies the app really...
    The tone check goes in the following order: individual contact, saved contacts, unknown callers. There have been matching issues when the incoming number differs from the one stored (facebook using a +1 for example).

Quote Originally Posted by morty25 View Post
    do you have to leave the txt manager notification in the tray on for this to work? will it work with monitoring turned off?
    It has to be in the tray to work. No, it will not work with monitoring turned off.
    Hi, I have suggestion and question in one

Why dont you put Service listener (for reading incoming events) into app-assistant.jsjsjs ? $You$ $can$ $listen$ $for$ $incoming$ $events$ $without$ $any$ $open$ $card$ $or$ $dashboard$
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    Is there a place we can download short notification ringtones (1-2 seconds in length) as a workaround to having Txt Manager stop when the phone is opened?

I tried to see if this was addressed elsewhere but could not find it after 4 pages and searching.
    Any have a link to some short notifications? I would like some as well.
    i tried to download txt manager but it didn't work.... is there something i need to do, or something i'm doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    From the First page:

From the Second page:

Then a few posts into the Third Page You post:

If you would have done any of the above things, it would have solved your problem. Now, if you would look around the forum (go read the My Notification thread for an example), you will quickly see the same questions being asked over and over. And a browsing of the threads in the other sections of this site will reveal many, many similar topics from people not reading or doing a simple search for things.

I did answer your questions in terms of conflicts with My Notification first (an application which I created), and I do apologize for making that last comment seem directed towards you, as in reality, it was meant for the greater community in general and not just that specific instance.

This will be the last I comment on this topic in this thread, as the purpose of this thread is for the work that HattCzech has done on this awesome utility.
    Now I maybe new to this but after reading all the threads, Kaerey has apologized about the comment made. Leave Kaery alone. I am a novice and NEVER think a question is stupid even if it is asked alot of times. The answers everybody gives has helpful. If you are typing info in the forum please just answer questions and not berate people. I know Kaerey was aggresive but Kaery aplogized.
    Last edited by guthrd01; 12/15/2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    You open the messaging app and press in the upper left corner and select preferences and account. Select off for play sounds. This will turn off the sounds for messaging only but will let txt messenger use the custom txt ringtones.
    I know this may sound crazy but when I open the messaging app and press the upper left corner and select preferences and accounts the only thing I can turn off is "Show Notifications" in the new message bar. I have been trying to do this by just reading the forum but I can't get this app to work.
    This is how it is set up as we speak.

1) in Messaging-Preferences & Accounts; "Show Notifications" is off
    2)TXT Manager is enabled on Dashboard
    3) in Sound & Ringtones "System Sounds" is on. What am I doing incorrectly?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Is this something planned for the future and when can we expect to see it?

I think there is a serious market out there for people like myself who shuffle two cell phones around. It would be great to set my palm pre to auto forward sms texts to another phone and/or email. This is something i would actually pay for!!

Is there something like this available already, and haven't google'd enough :P

Anyone try the old PalmOS SMS Commander on the Pre with Classic Apps?? wonder if it works...

HELP!! PLEASE SOMEONE CODE THIS UP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrd01 View Post
    I know this may sound crazy but when I open the messaging app and press the upper left corner and select preferences and accounts the only thing I can turn off is "Show Notifications" in the new message bar. I have been trying to do this by just reading the forum but I can't get this app to work.
    This is how it is set up is as we speak.

1) in Messaging-Preferences & Accounts; "Show Notifications" is off
    2)TXT Manager is enabled on Dashboard
    3) in Sound & Ringtones; "System Sounds" is on. What am I doing incorrectly?
    Ok, this bugged me and I was determined to find a solution. I was speaking to a Friend of mine that has a Palm Pre and he suggested to keep everything the same but turn my "Ringer from viberate to on". After I did this the app works fine. Hatt this a great app keep it up.
    The "TXT Manager" Application sometimes just disappears from my Palm Pre Dashboard. Does this mean that "TXT Manager" is disabled? Or is it still enabled, just not showing on the dashboard?

The issue is that I am on-call for work, and have a very loud and annoying right for work calls. But what if "TXT Manager" disables itself while I'm sleeping. I may miss the call...

Thanks in advance for the help!
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast