Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmaraude View Post
    i realize I'm playing arm chair quarterback here but is it difficult to write into code that when during a call, all ring tone volume is muted or shut off until the call duration ends?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatmann View Post
    do you mean the system sound to turn off? located in sounds & ringtones. Does that mean i also lose the system sounds?
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ring-call.html
    I didn't read through the entire thread, but it now vibrates on every text notification instead of only the users that I've customized. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Any chance you could throw out a quick update that includes the LED notification feature?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Is there a possibility you could make a section on the app that will let you select ringtones for your yahoo, aim, and msn messenger buddies. When i get a text from them there is no sound. or am i doing somthing wrong?
    Can someone explain what is meant by this, "Added dashboard so card does not have to be open"
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Can someone explain what is meant by this, "Added dashboard so card does not have to be open"
    It emans that it was added to the notification area/background. Unlike nodoze, you do not have to keep the app open or as a card. As long as you turn monitoring on in the app, you can dismiss the card and it will put a notification at the bottom showing its active.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    You open the messaging app and press in the upper left corner and select preferences and account. Select off for play sounds. This will turn off the sounds for messaging only but will let txt messenger use the custom txt ringtones.
    So, how do you let TXT Manager use the default for all the other text messages that come in?

Basically, I'm asking how do you us TXT Manager to customize the one or two know senders of texts but let the rest continue to use the default sounds and such?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    So, how do you let TXT Manager use the default for all the other text messages that come in?

Basically, I'm asking how do you us TXT Manager to customize the one or two know senders of texts but let the rest continue to use the default sounds and such?
    Install the program and see. It's very self explanitory and I am not going to waste time typing an instruction manual. Trust me, it's very easy once you open up the program. If you don't like it you can just remove it.
    Sorry, you missed what I was asking - I love your App and installed it the first day it was available.

I just need to know, is there a way, after turning off the system sound for notifications, to use TXT Manager to have a sound for everybody that isn't explicitly listed for a sound.

Again, love the app, just need a little clarification.
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Sorry, you missed what I was asking - I love your App and installed it the first day it was available.

I just need to know, is there a way, after turning off the system sound for notifications, to use TXT Manager to have a sound for everybody that isn't explicitly listed for a sound.

Again, love the app, just need a little clarification.
    That wasn't the developer, but someone trying to help.

I would recommend against turning off the system sound for notifications. Instead, turn off the messaging notification sound. Then you can choose a tone for 'Saved Contacts' and 'Unknown Callers'. The only way to use the default notification sound is to copy wav file to the ringtones folder.
    Perfect.

That's what I needed.

Great work!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    That wasn't the developer, but someone trying to help.

I would recommend against turning off the system sound for notifications. Instead, turn off the messaging notification sound. Then you can choose a tone for 'Saved Contacts' and 'Unknown Callers'. The only way to use the default notification sound is to copy wav file to the ringtones folder.
    Thanks, correct and what I said. He even quoted what I said to include turning off the sounds for messaging only....guess he just needed to hear it twice to believe it?
    how do i download themes on to my phone..from the computer..as well as apps
    I think this app works great. I'm having a problem that was brought up a couple times with a text from email. I get dispatches for fire calls to my phone by using "phone#"@messaging.sprint.com. The dispatchers email address shows up, but it comes through as from the number 6245. It doesn't matter which email address sends a message to my phone as a text message, I even tried it with my personal email, it comes through as 6245. Any ideas on this, or a way to make this email function work so I can change the sound for these?

Thanks for all you've done with this app it really helps.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Try sending the page to "phone#@pm.sprint.com" That should bypass the email to SMS gateway and send it as a MMS message. It will then appear to come from the e-mail address instead of 6245.

KJ

Quote Originally Posted by fireman1417 View Post
    I think this app works great. I'm having a problem that was brought up a couple times with a text from email. I get dispatches for fire calls to my phone by using "phone#"@messaging.sprint.com. The dispatchers email address shows up, but it comes through as from the number 6245. It doesn't matter which email address sends a message to my phone as a text message, I even tried it with my personal email, it comes through as 6245. Any ideas on this, or a way to make this email function work so I can change the sound for these?

Thanks for all you've done with this app it really helps.
    Has anyone else experienced a noticeable battery drain when this app is open in the dashboard? While I was in bed for about 5.5 hours the battery went from 100% to 84%. Otherwise, it works great. Thanks!
    I tried "phone#@pm.sprint.com" from my personal email and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick answer.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman1417 View Post
    I tried "phone#@pm.sprint.com" from my personal email and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick answer.
    The nice thing about using Sprint PictureMail is that you can also send multimedia files to the phone. I send dispatch audio to my PM number.

KJ
    Is there a place we can download short notification ringtones (1-2 seconds in length) as a workaround to having Txt Manager stop when the phone is opened?

I tried to see if this was addressed elsewhere but could not find it after 4 pages and searching.
    I'm having a problem with all of my users ringtones working. I currently have the settings set exactly the same, other than the ringtone and the notification works for some and not for the others. Any suggestions?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast