Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 259
  1. #181  
    i realize I'm playing arm chair quarterback here but is it difficult to write into code that when during a call, all ring tone volume is muted or shut off until the call duration ends?
  2. keithjjo's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #182  
    Is there a plan to add support for MMS text messages sent through Sprints PictureMail? These don't show up with a number but only an e-mail address?

    Thanks,
    KJ
  3. #183  
    love the app but this icon just reminds me too much of msn's icon
  4. smkcpa's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #184  
    HattCzech-

    I have a new app suggestion for you. I created a thread for it here,
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1904507 , and would love it if you might be interested in undertaking it?
    Steve
  5. #185  
    hi all. does the dashboard still needs to be open or not?thanx
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmaraude View Post
    i realize I'm playing arm chair quarterback here but is it difficult to write into code that when during a call, all ring tone volume is muted or shut off until the call duration ends?
    I definitely want to do that, but yes, it is a bit trickier than I would like it to be. I need to find the proper bus and method to connect to for me to determine if a call is in progress. I really want this, because I keep going deaf when I get texts while on a call.

    Quote Originally Posted by keithjjo View Post
    Is there a plan to add support for MMS text messages sent through Sprints PictureMail? These don't show up with a number but only an e-mail address?

    Thanks,
    KJ
    I was considering that when I first made the app, but wanted to focus on SMS when I was first starting out. Now that it's working, I'll throw in MMS support in the next version so I can get feedback on how it's working. I don't use it much, and I don't have a good way to test it on the emulator or my phone. E-mail support might be in there, too, but again, I'll need testing.

    Quote Originally Posted by jorgewreaks View Post
    love the app but this icon just reminds me too much of msn's icon
    I plan to make my own icons when I have time. They'll look similar to the regular SMS icon.

    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    HattCzech-

    I have a new app suggestion for you. I created a thread for it here,
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1904507 , and would love it if you might be interested in undertaking it?
    I've been trying to figure out a way to get auto-startup working. So that might be something I could do. There is a way to do it using cron, but that's a bit more complicated than the average person might be willing to go through. The problem is with an interface to cron or something similar. Once 1.2 is officially released, I'll look into this a bit further (as Palm will be allowing access to more features).

    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi all. does the dashboard still needs to be open or not?thanx
    Yes, the dashboard is still required to be open.
  7. keithjjo's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    I was considering that when I first made the app, but wanted to focus on SMS when I was first starting out. Now that it's working, I'll throw in MMS support in the next version so I can get feedback on how it's working. I don't use it much, and I don't have a good way to test it on the emulator or my phone. E-mail support might be in there, too, but again, I'll need testing.
    I've started using MMS through Sprint Picture Mail because it allows me to email audio to my phone and it doesn't seem to be limited to SMS's 140 character limit. You can e-mail to PH#@pm.sprint.com to test.

    KJ
  8. smkcpa's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    I've been trying to figure out a way to get auto-startup working. So that might be something I could do. There is a way to do it using cron, but that's a bit more complicated than the average person might be willing to go through. The problem is with an interface to cron or something similar. Once 1.2 is officially released, I'll look into this a bit further (as Palm will be allowing access to more features).
    I found an app that does it - it still needs some work, but here it is in message #8 of this thread:

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1900880
    Steve
  9. #189  
    what is the monitoring
  10. #190  
    do you mean the system sound to turn off? located in sounds & ringtones. Does that mean i also lose the system sounds?
  11. #191  
    How do you delete a contact(entry)?
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    Currently, this is a supplement to the messaging notification. It will play the messaging sound (if enabled), then the configured sound. If you turn off messaging notification sounds, and add users to this list, then it can be used to play only the sounds configured in the program.
    do you mean the system sound to turn off? located in sounds & ringtones. Does that mean i also lose the system sounds?
  13. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatmann View Post
    do you mean the system sound to turn off? located in sounds & ringtones. Does that mean i also lose the system sounds?
    You open the messaging app and press in the upper left corner and select preferences and account. Select off for play sounds. This will turn off the sounds for messaging only but will let txt messenger use the custom txt ringtones.
  14. #194  
    I think you should work on making it stop when the message is viewed, or when a button is pressed to silence it. It should as stop playing when another message is received and play the music that goes along with the following contact's message.
  15. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil06grad View Post
    I think you should work on making it stop when the message is viewed, or when a button is pressed to silence it. It should as stop playing when another message is received and play the music that goes along with the following contact's message.
    As was already said, it is out of his control to do that. Palm would have to change that.
  16. #196  
    ok the only thing i would like is a text signature....PLEASE & TY
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhasentufel View Post
    what is the monitoring
    Monitoring is what enables the application to monitor text messages as they arrive. This needs to be enabled for the application to work.

    Quote Originally Posted by sologuy00 View Post
    How do you delete a contact(entry)?
    Swipe it off the screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by jhasentufel View Post
    ok the only thing i would like is a text signature....PLEASE & TY
    Ummm... what?
  18. #198  
    Works great. I just need to shorten my sounds. The first time my daughter texted me, I was grabbing my phone thinking how can I make this stop! I had put a song on there that I liked!

    Great app. It lets me know who is texting. That way I know whether to grab the phone right a way or finish what I am doing.
  19. rigo's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #199  
    Is hiding certain SMS contacts possible? When I'm at work I want some text messages from certain contacts hidden, while those that are work work related I would want to show. I can go back to my Messaging application and read the unimportant ones later.
  20. #200  
    Great app.. and even though it's out of the creator's control to change this, this is basically my only problem with this app, and a big reason why I don't use it often..

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil06grad View Post
    I think you should work on making it stop when the message is viewed, or when a button is pressed to silence it. It should as stop playing when another message is received and play the music that goes along with the following contact's message.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions