Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This app will calculate Mortgage amounts based on Loan Amount, Interest Rate, and Term (Years). Optional: Tax Rate and Home Value.

Information calculated: Monthly Payment, Total Paid, Interest Paid, Tax Paid/Month, Monthly Payment w/ Tax included, and Total Payment w/ Tax.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Awsome! I'm actually in the process of shopping for a house so this will comw in handy... One request... Could you add pmi for those of us using an fha loan?
    I love it. No BS, just a simple app to do a particular function.

Great app
    Wish it went above 300k
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Nice app, however I would suggest making the mortgage amount above $300K. Considering $300K couldn't buy you a 1 bedroom condo out here in LA/OC, this app doesn't have much use at its current state.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    so where do you get the app?
    Great App. Been looking for this. I would like the option to enter my own custom amount, rather than preselected numbers. Would also be able to use it for other types of loans then.
    Thanks, Keep up the Work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohseedee View Post
    Nice app, however I would suggest making the mortgage amount above $300K. Considering $300K couldn't buy you a 1 bedroom condo out here in LA/OC, this app doesn't have much use at its current state.

There are other cities outside of LA you know.

For me this app is perfect. The fiance and I are currently looking and this will help us determine our budget when looking at houses.

Thanks!
    Yeap there is also New York City... and all of Northern Jersey where 300k will also get you a 1 bedroom condo where you can cook, shower and go to bathroom at same time LoL.

Great app though.. as the developer learns mojo this will get better quickly!! I'll def download it.. good job DoeRing!!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Great app. But I need to alot lower than $100,000. Maybe that could be a update. It would be perfect if we could just put whatever amount in there we wanted to.
    Calculating with mortgage points (up-front percentage payment) would be great.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    using this application is giving me the creeps...

oh my mortgage, my second wife...
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Need to be able to input the years directly. Along with arbitrary loan amounts.
    Good start
    Marty
    Handspring Visor -> Handspring Treo 180 That stated it would have Wi-Fi -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650->Treo 700P ->Centro->Pre
    Great interface, looks like it was meant to come with the phone. I'm a Realtor and use apps like this all the time when clients are asking how much a payment would be on different houses. A few small changes would make this a killer app:
    -Adding a PMI/MIP option (for those not putting down 20%)
    -A way to physically plug in exact tax or loan amount
    -A spot to add in an amount for monthly Hazard Insurance

Those features get added and this would be an absolutely awesome app... shortly followed by a donation of course.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Nice, I'm also house-hunting so it seems timely.

The switch for tax seems non-intuitive to me. Usually a switch displays the current state (go look at your light switches to see), while a button displays what will happen when you push it. But this switch says "tax" when there is no tax calculated, and "no tax" when there is tax calculated.
    Great idea but not useful. Doesn't exceed 300k. In So Cal they don't have homes for under 300k. Maybe you could get a one bedroom in a bad neighborhood. need to be able to enter the amount but none of the premade ones are useful.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    It would be great for us Canadian users if you could allow interest to compound semi-annually, not in advance as US mortgages do.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Thanks for the great update to your app. I really like it!

Would it be possible to change the icon so it has a transparent background? It looks a little odd with the white square.

Thanks.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    I'm a Realtor who could totally use this app. However, when it comes to downloading etc I'm a novice. I've downloaded to my laptop but it doesn't know what program to open it with. Where should I have downloaded it to? Tried on my Pre but it didn't seem to know what to do either...I'm obviously missing something.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I don't know if this was true before, but in the update you enter a Loan Amount and a Down Payment. But the mortgage appears to be calculated based on the Loan Amount minus the Down Payment. That would be correct if it was Purchase Price rather than Loan Amount, but it's not correct as stated.

It would also be nice if these labels remained after you filled in a value. Not sure how hard that is. Right now, after you enter them, they're just unlabeled numbers, seems vague.

Quote Originally Posted by callderek View Post
    I'm a Realtor who could totally use this app. However, when it comes to downloading etc I'm a novice. I've downloaded to my laptop but it doesn't know what program to open it with. Where should I have downloaded it to? Tried on my Pre but it didn't seem to know what to do either...I'm obviously missing something.
    Start by looking for the thread about WebOS QuickInstall. It's stickied, should be near the top. That will have instructions on installing apps. There are other tools for installing apps, too, but you'll need WebOS QuickInstall to install them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast