Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Ha! My random starting character was "ahole".
  2.    #22  
    Hey all, thanks for downloading Dungeon Quest. A bug we've uncovered is that if you are downloading and playing on an emulator you won't be able to create a unique character because emulators don't have a unique device ID.

Our engineering team is currently developing a special build for those playing on an emulator (which we hope to have available in a few days) but for now, if you want to play your own character you will need to play it on an actual Palm Pre device. Apologies for the inconvenience all, and we'll have the new build up soon.
    Last edited by justinmoblyng; 08/20/2009 at 02:33 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Well I'm deleting this app until I see that it's fixed cuz I would like to play my OWN character not someone elses that I don't know......
    Apologies for the inconvenience Niris777. A bug we've uncovered is that if you are downloading and playing on an emulator you won't be able to create a unique character because emulators don't have a unique device ID.

Engineering is currently developing a special build for those playing on an emulator (which we hope to have available in a few days) but for now, if you want to play your own character you will need to play it on an actual Palm Pre device. We'll have the new build up soon!
    This looks a little like mafia wars on facebook.

Is the any way you could make an app that allows you to play mafia wars from facebook on the pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmoblyng View Post
    Hey all, thanks for downloading Dungeon Quest. A bug we've uncovered is that if you are downloading and playing on an emulator you won't be able to create a unique character because emulators don't have a unique device ID.

Our engineering team is currently developing a special build for those playing on an emulator (which we hope to have available in a few days) but for now, if you want to play your own character you will need to play it on an actual Palm Pre device. Apologies for the inconvenience all, and we'll have the new build up soon.
    I'm not using an emulator but I'm still getting other user's accounts. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmoblyng View Post
    Apologies for the inconvenience Niris777. A bug we've uncovered is that if you are downloading and playing on an emulator you won't be able to create a unique character because emulators don't have a unique device ID.

Engineering is currently developing a special build for those playing on an emulator (which we hope to have available in a few days) but for now, if you want to play your own character you will need to play it on an actual Palm Pre device. We'll have the new build up soon!
    I am playing from my Pre, I've never tried any of the brew apps on the emulator (I'm risky like that! Lol) anyway it looks very cool but you need to find out why it won't let us create our own characters....
    I downloaded the game, from Filecoaster, onto my Pre, and am experiencing the same problem as billybennett and Niris777. Please advise...

Thanks!
    Hello!

I downloaded this game from the gallery in filecoaster (through my Palm Pre) and it's pretty buggy. I keep getting someone elses character and when i close and reopen the application sometimes I'll get the option of creating my own character. When that happens a lot of information in-game says "undefined". So, I'll close and reopen the game and get someone's random character again..

Really wanna play this game and can't wait for a fix to the bugs!
    this game looks sweet. can't wait. please fix this character bug.
  10.    #30  
    Hi Everyone, sorry for the inconvenience. We've uncovered a bug in the code causing these character issues on your Palm Pre. Engineering is working on a fix right now and i'll load up the updated app once it's good to go. Again, sorry about that!
    Hi Justin,

Just to let you know the bug exists on the Pre for all of your recently released games.

Just an FYI and look forward to testing out the new release.
  12.    #32  
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. We did in fact uncover the bug that was messing with everyone's characters on the actual Palm Pre. We're in the process of fixing it and i'll load the updated app once it's good to go - should be within the next hour!

I'll submit a posting alerting you all as well once it's updated.
    Nice! Great news!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    This looks like a great game, once it's working. I can see hours of productivity at work slipping away.
  15.    #35  
    Hi All,

Thanks for your patience, we just fixed the character bug we've been talking about and the new build is updated and ready to be downloaded. Please let me know if you experience any issues with this update. Enjoy!

Justin
    I'll try it shortly. Looks very promising. Thank you for making sure the pre was a supported device!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Downloading 1.6.1 now
    Quote Originally Posted by jarobusa View Post
    Downloading 1.6.1 now
    It works well for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    Well since we are waiting, how about everyone add each other's characters in Dungeon and get a group 2gether from precentral?? lol
    Name: Ghostyroasty
    I am Ashcrow .. Though I think we share id's ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    Well since we are waiting, how about everyone add each other's characters in Dungeon and get a group 2gether from precentral?? lol
    Name: Robian
    ID: 903228618
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast