Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Any word on how development is going? I, and several others I know, are anxiously waiting for this app.

Thanks!
    Is there any projection as to when the app will be complete? Anything at all?
  3.    #23  
    Hopefully right around the first of the year. There are still quite a few hurdles to jump through to get it out, but it is going quickly as far as I can tell.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Wonko, is there a beta we can get in on? I've explored the page for it on tech.lds.org and seen the video of the app (which looks good), but I can't see any further information. If there is a beta version, even if it's not fully functional, why not let us homebrewers test it?
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Wonko, is there a beta we can get in on? I've explored the page for it on tech.lds.org and seen the video of the app (which looks good), but I can't see any further information. If there is a beta version, even if it's not fully functional, why not let us homebrewers test it?
    Could be a permissions issue or something like that... Very excited for this app though! Would be a great Christmas gift!

Will this work with the Pixi as well?
    A little info. Looks like (hopefully) we will have this soon!!
    https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/...tures_Palm_Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    A little info. Looks like (hopefully) we will have this soon!!
    https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/...tures_Palm_Pre
    Thanks for posting that. Glad to actually SEE the progress being made.

webOS Developer
    I think that probably made me more anxious. I wish they would say when they will release the beta. Guess we'll just keep watching for it.
    Was about to try to compile the app myself when I realized just how many files that entailed.
    Wow. I don't think I'm up for that tonight.

webOS Developer
    It's taken me several hours, but I managed to download all of the files and compile them into a .ipk. App works great. Even lets you stream the audio while you read.
    I'd post it here, but there seems to be instructions not to do so.

webOS Developer
    Well still nothing on the LDS scriptures for WebOS huh? I'm starting to believe this is never going to happen. I actually bought my Pre Plus thinking it was available already but I guess not.

Of course there is one for the Android, iphone, Blackberry, old Palm OS, but nothing for WebOS. Pretty bummed.
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    Well still nothing on the LDS scriptures for WebOS huh? I'm starting to believe this is never going to happen. I actually bought my Pre Plus thinking it was available already but I guess not.

Of course there is one for the Android, iphone, Blackberry, old Palm OS, but nothing for WebOS. Pretty bummed.
    I have it on my Pre right now. Works great.
    I don't know why they haven't officially released it yet.
    But it /is/ coming.

webOS Developer
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    The official Gospel Library app for the Pre has been bumped to version 1.0 beta and submitted to the church for approval. I assume this means that it will show up in the Palm Catalog pretty soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    The official Gospel Library app for the Pre has been bumped to version 1.0 beta and submitted to the church for approval. I assume this means that it will show up in the Palm Catalog pretty soon.
    today, in fact! enjoy!
    The official LDS Gospel Library v1.0 is currently available for free from the app catalog.

LDS Gospel Library App for webOS

This version contains the entire Old & New Testaments, Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, Bible Dictionary and Topical Guide. It also contains the April 2010 General Conference, Gospel Principles manual and Old Testament Study Guide. Future versions will include the ability to download on demand from a large library of Church publications.
    Last edited by reuben.olsen; 06/02/2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Updated URL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12