Page 98 of 118 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2357
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Question:

How do people feel about the beta program optionally (a preference) sending me debugging info whenever it detects a problem. Currently it just runs Mojo.Log.error (which actually does nothing on your phone because logging is turned off.)

I could fix problems much faster if every time _your_ phone had a problem I knew about it, but it would probably send me some information about your facebook account. (Which, obviously, I wouldn't read or use other than to fix the bugs.)
    sounds good to me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

put it in as an option, or just put it on. Not as if fb is a place where we exchange ss#. Maybe make some kind of error screen with a send info to you button?
    Also, push through the updatem not sure if you're aware but the notifications no longer take you to actual posts. I believe the api changed.

look forward to using ff as my primary and only fb app again. Palmbook missed the mark you set.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.29:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.29_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.29_all.ipk)
    * May (possibly) have fixed notifications bug. At least it now has ability to:
    * Can change preference to send some debugging info to friendsflow.com
    * Can choose to get notifications about status updates, fb notifications or both
    * NEW! If you do not have the paid version, you will see an add at the top of the page (or, well, soon there will be an ad, still in testing mode)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    I'm sorry maybe I wasn't clear in my earlier post. The notifications tab on the bottom of the page that takes you to another page where you can swipe away comments is not working. The app freezes when i click the notifications tab and i have to close the entire app. Everything works until i hit that button. I tired to delete the app and reinstall it. Power off the phone and still nothing works. I liked the ability to check comments and swipe away them after i read them but i can't even get to the screen anymore. Any help?
    Ah yes I completely misunderstood. Sorry about that. The problem you described has never happened to me so hopefully the new release fixed it for you. Now I'm back to working on the visual aspects of FF after I make a backup of the CSS so I can install the update just in case it overwrites the file. It's easier for me to make the changes that way rather than to upload the file for every tiny change I make.
    Yep, the notifications bug is still there. If you click on a notification it will not take you to the actual post, it will merely take you to a screen that says loading... and stay there. I think this is an API change if anything, please let me know Anybody else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    Yep, the notifications bug is still there. If you click on a notification it will not take you to the actual post, it will merely take you to a screen that says loading... and stay there. I think this is an API change if anything, please let me know Anybody else having this problem?
    Can you turn on debugging in the preferences and try again?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    Oh. Now I understand. I thought you had trouble seeing the notifications at all.

That only happen on notifications about posts that aren't in the last 30 posts, right?

I'll take a look.
    So the differences are that this can do notifications and palmbook can't?
    I'm running the new version and have notifications set to Facebook notifications only (status updates turned off) with interval of 5 minutes, run after closing on and wake device on. I also have debugging on. It hasn't given me a single notification yet. I've loaded up FF manually and will see I have 1 new notification that never notified me. Is it working correctly for anyone else?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I have not done a detailed analasys of what palmbook can do. Can it poll for new (facebook) updates? Can you view other people's wall? Can you view other people's photo albums?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I'm running the new version and have notifications set to Facebook notifications only (status updates turned off) with interval of 5 minutes, run after closing on and wake device on. I also have debugging on. It hasn't given me a single notification yet. I've loaded up FF manually and will see I have 1 new notification that never notified me. Is it working correctly for anyone else?
    I'll take a closer look soon.

It is REALLY hard to debug because I don't have new notifications coming in very often. I'd believe I missed something.

It is REALLY hard to debug because I don't have new notifications coming in very often. I'd believe I missed something.
    thanks grepper great update , but the fb notifications are not working for me either

Hi Grepper, if you'd like, you could add me on facebook and I could leave you some comments or something to give you notifications.. let me know if you'd like my help in a PM.
    downloaded the latest update and my app still freezes when I press the notifications button on the bottom left. Is there a way to manually reset the number. I'm up to 76 now and can't check any of them. Can I go to the website somewhere and clear the notifications number? It used to work fine before I updated to 1.3.1
    grepper you can count me in for send information regarding errors. I am getting notifications but when I go to the notification page this is what I get.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    grepper,

thanks for the awesome work. I've noticed more left-right sensitivity when trying to scroll since updating. i.e. the entire screen scrolls off the right side of the screen scrolling then rebound back. never used to do that...
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Can it poll for new (facebook) updates? Can you view other people's wall? Can you view other people's photo albums?
    Thanks. Both have big pluses and minuses.
    Code:
    Status Updates          FF-yes  Pb-yes
    Poll for new updates    FF-yes  Pb-no
    View Friends Walls      FF-yes  Pb-yes (can't search)
    View photo Albums       FF-yes  Pb-yes
    Upload Photos           FF-no   Pb-yes
    Notifications           FF-yes  Pb-no
    Read photo comments     FF-no   Pb-no
    Tagged pics of person  FF-yes  Pb-no
    Why is it not possible to view/make comments on pic albulms/photos?
    Neither app can, whats limiting that?
    Btw Grepper, the ads don't bother me one bit. Today was my first look at FF and it's a great app.
    Last edited by IcerC; 11/18/2009 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    palmbook is real basic. FF has the ability to check if you have new stuff in your feed and notify you (polling), it has the notifications view in the app to see FB notifications, it can also look back past the 30 most recent posts to the feed. This last one I looked but don't see the ability to do that which for most renders palmbook useless for if you read the feed.

I have not done a detailed analasys of what palmbook can do. Can it poll for new (facebook) updates? Can you view other people's wall? Can you view other people's photo albums?
    You can view the wall including basic bio info: birthday, location, hometown, gender, and homepage link. This info could be presented on your initial friend profile page you have the wall and photo links on. The way that info is displayed looks a bit nicer than just having their profile pic with their most recent status update and spelled out link below it like FF currently has. I haven't looked into altering the looks of that page yet. You can look at their photo albums listing the albums and flicking through the pics in each one is basically identical to FF. Except with FF it is a drop down view and not a new scene. Palmbook doesn't appear to have the pictures of (tagged in?) thing FF has. Navigation is different. Click on an item in the feed brings up a list to choose to go to their wall, comment or like the post. I like how FF you go to the post detail and see any comments or like details if there are any and also have the ability to comment that way. Palmbook brings up a entry pop up with done and cancel buttons that to me makes the app look less elegant. You can more or less replicate the look of palmbook due to the theme feature of FF. I have currently got the feed looking similar to palmbook though I think I it looks better.

Different views in palmbook use the area where you put the notification and top button, which appear to be one of the main navigation and activity related stuff is done in it. You could if you want put buttons for other things in various scenes. For example on the feed page you could shrink the notifications button to a number and icon and the top button can be an up arrow icon with the word top written vertical. This would allow two or three other buttons for navigation or activities. Examples friend list button rather than or in addition to menu access to it. I don't offhand have any other ideas for buttons on the feed scene or other scenes but i'm sure we can all put our heads together and come up with what would be useful.

downloaded the latest update and my app still freezes when I press the notifications button on the bottom left. Is there a way to manually reset the number. I'm up to 76 now and can't check any of them. Can I go to the website somewhere and clear the notifications number? It used to work fine before I updated to 1.3.1
    If you log into the full facebook website and click on the notification icon at the far right of the bottom status/navigation bar on the page it clears all the notifications and should clear them in FF as I had 3 in FF and did that and now there are none in FF,
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Can you turn on debugging in the preferences and try again?

Oh, and you can clear your notifications on the web page by looking at them (the icon with a number in the bottom right corner I think)