Page 96 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2357
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    maybe u gotta w8 till tomorrow when the pixie comes out?
    I believe this is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I believe this is the case.
    anyways i dont really give a *****.....friendsflow for me is the top facebook app!!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

maybe u gotta w8 till tomorrow when the pixie comes out?
    Hmm I thought I read that it was bundled with the new update. Oh well. I guess we have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Hmm I thought I read that it was bundled with the new update. Oh well. I guess we have to wait and see.
    i heard that the fb app will be available via the app catalog...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I see the Facebook app in the app catalog. Just have to download it
    Downloaded it, as I'd said earlier, its nothing compared to FriendsFlow! It can't do even half the things that FriendsFlow can. The only feature I'll keep it for is it allows you to comment on photos, but the rest is pretty lame! Nice to see you speak again Grepper
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Downloaded it, as I'd said earlier, its nothing compared to FriendsFlow! It can't do even half the things that FriendsFlow can. The only feature I'll keep it for is it allows you to comment on photos, but the rest is pretty lame! Nice to see you speak again Grepper
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I like friendsflows implementation of the profiles page. Palm should hire grepper

-m
    Is it bad that I have 3 different Facebook Apps on my Pre? Each one does a little something that the other doesn't. LOL Hi my name is Michael and I am a Facebook Addict! LOL
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Is it bad that I have 3 different Facebook Apps on my Pre? Each one does a little something that the other doesn't. LOL Hi my name is Michael and I am a Facebook Addict! LOL
    +1 Me too. Hi my name is Stephanie and I am a Facebook Addict, too!
    fb app from palm is kickass but it feels like a more visually polished version of greppers app. Grepper feels like the ugly muscle car with an 800 hp engine while the palm one is like a lambo's body with a prius engine. I want both!
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    fb app from palm is kickass but it feels like a more visually polished version of greppers app. Grepper feels like the ugly muscle car with an 800 hp engine while the palm one is like a lambo's body with a prius engine. I want both!
    feel the same way
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    feel the same way
    me too! Friendsflow is # 1, but I love the polished look of th new FB app
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Hey, this looks like a great app, just downloaded from the app catalogue. But, for some reason, I can't connect my account to facebook on the beta version. Any help?
    I think it is quite possible to get the look of the other two for FF by using the CSS since we can theme FF. What makes FF superior to the others is notifications. The other ones have no notifications as far as I could see after installing them. Out of curiosity what are the exact visual aspects of the others does everyone like better than FF? I may consider doing a theme for FF assuming I don't have any issues understanding how each visual thing is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I think it is quite possible to get the look of the other two for FF by using the CSS since we can theme FF. What makes FF superior to the others is notifications. The other ones have no notifications as far as I could see after installing them. Out of curiosity what are the exact visual aspects of the others does everyone like better than FF? I may consider doing a theme for FF assuming I don't have any issues understanding how each visual thing is done.
    Go for it! I'd love to see what you come up with.. the more themes, the merrier, although I've been stuck on this dark one since he released it, just love it!
    hey grepper....is there an ETA on when the next massive/minor update will come?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I tried the official app. While I like the visual presentation a little better (it's not just fonts and colors, it's also how graphics are sized and icons for links and whatnot), there's too much wasted space.

Personally, notifications aren't a huge deal, simply because they are already e-mailed. At least the important ones. However, this is a nice addition to FriendsFlow and I've considered turning off the e-mail from Facebook. That is, if I could get just notifications (and not every single status update) in FF's notifications. Know what I mean?

In the end, I'm sticking with FF and I hope others do, as well. Of course, having Palm's name on the app, it being free, and having a more polished look will ultimately lead a number of people to it. Not to mention that FF's ratings get dinged every time FB makes an update. Something tells me that Palm will have an upperhand in making their app work, even when FB makes changes.

I hope Grepper keeps up the good work. With 3 FB apps out there, the landscape will now be split.

Suggestion: developer a few additional style sheets. This is one place where FF has a unique feature. Being able to say that it has "skins" or "themes" that can be customized will attract some people. It's a hot feature, but it needs a push. From what I've seen here, however, most of us don't have the skills or knowledge to do it. From what I can tell, however, it doesn't look hard, as long as their is documentation and a place to host.

I'd also suggest cleaning up the Friends view, since it's also a unique feature, but looks (forgive me) terrible.

What people want in choosing a FB app is which one does the most things, sad to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I tried the official app. While I like the visual presentation a little better (it's not just fonts and colors, it's also how graphics are sized and icons for links and whatnot), there's too much wasted space.
    Yes I like how images are styled. I also like how clicking on a post from new pictures someone added gives a real nice thumbnail view of all the new images added and you can then look through them like pics in the photo app. No offense grepper but it looks much nicer than how viewing pics works in FF so far. Is this simply a CSS type styling thing? I'm willing to help give FF a makeover. I've begun messing with the CSS to try and style it so I want to make sure that I don't need to be looking at any of the JSJSJS $or$ $html$ $etc$ $to$ $really$ $get$ $down$ $and$ $dirty$ $to$ $do$ $the$ $make$ $over$. $My$ $first$ $step$ $is$ $going$ $to$ $be$ $working$ $out$ $the$ $thumbnails$ $for$ $profile$ $pics$, $app$ $pics$ $and$ $photos$ $in$ $posts$. $Along$ $with$ $that$ $text$ $placement$ $and$ $size$ $to$ $take$ $full$ $advantage$ $of$ $the$ $screen$ $real$ $estate$. $To$ $do$ $all$ $of$ $that$ $I$ $need$ $to$ $fully$ $understand$ $which$ $of$ $the$ $current$ $themes$ $visual$ $parts$ $line$ $up$ $with$ $the$ $code$. $Anyone$ $willing$ $to$ $help$ $with$ $the$ $make$ $over$ $let$ $me$ $know$ $so$ $we$ $can$ $make$ $contact$ $and$ $collaborate$.

Personally, notifications aren't a huge deal, simply because they are already e-mailed. At least the important ones. However, this is a nice addition to FriendsFlow and I've considered turning off the e-mail from Facebook. That is, if I could get just notifications (and not every single status update) in FF's notifications. Know what I mean?

In the end, I'm sticking with FF and I hope others do, as well. Of course, having Palm's name on the app, it being free, and having a more polished look will ultimately lead a number of people to it. Not to mention that FF's ratings get dinged every time FB makes an update. Something tells me that Palm will have an upperhand in making their app work, even when FB makes changes.
    I on the other hand like all the notifications. I have FF check every 15 minutes so I get them in chunks instead of a few every 5 minutes. I thought at first id like to get them that frequently but found I often delayed checking for two or three times it checks.

Suggestion: developer a few additional style sheets. This is one place where FF has a unique feature. Being able to say that it has "skins" or "themes" that can be customized will attract some people. It's a hot feature, but it needs a push. From what I've seen here, however, most of us don't have the skills or knowledge to do it. From what I can tell, however, it doesn't look hard, as long as their is documentation and a place to host.

I'd also suggest cleaning up the Friends view, since it's also a unique feature, but looks (forgive me) terrible.

What people want in choosing a FB app is which one does the most things, sad to say.
    I had figured by now others would have taken initiative and make some themes. CSS is somewhat easy to do once you learn some basics and start playing with the existing apps. I'm still learning and styling FF will be a good learning experience. I just need to make sure that the CSS is the only thing making the app appear the way it does. I started changing some things around and had trouble finding out what was settings all the parts to white. The blue on white is ok but I wanted to experiment with other color combos.
    No update in over half a month. Grepper, you'll let us know if you are calling it quits right?