Page 93 of 118 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2357
  1. #1841  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I just tried the new PalmBook app.. It's pretty slick, but friendsflow has better functionality right now.
    -m
    The Facebook app that comes with the Pixi? How'd you get it??
  2. schaplin's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #1842  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    The Facebook app that comes with the Pixi? How'd you get it??
    They have a thread under Homebrew Apps where you can download the .ipk for it.
  3. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #1843  
    Quote Originally Posted by schaplin View Post
    They have a thread under Homebrew Apps where you can download the .ipk for it.
    I don't think the pixi facebook app is the same as this one.. (hope not anyways, it's lacking in fucntionality..)

    actually to be honest friendsflow has everything facepalm is missing; except photo uploads.. and personally I'd like tagging as well.
    -m
  4. #1844  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    The Facebook app that comes with the Pixi? How'd you get it??
    I think you are talking about the Actual Facebook App. There is word that Facebook will be releasing it about the same time they release the Pixi but to my knowledge there is no extra Facebook app for the Pixi other than what we have for the Pre.
  5. #1845  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I don't think the pixi facebook app is the same as this one.. (hope not anyways, it's lacking in fucntionality..)

    actually to be honest friendsflow has everything facepalm is missing; except photo uploads.. and personally I'd like tagging as well.
    -m
    dio,

    I just checked out the Palmbook as well and I agree. It is lacking a few of the basic fundamentals of Facebook. He went heavy with the features but didn't worry about the core. Maybe it will eventually shape up

    grepper,

    I know you said this project can be a little much at times, you could talk with sic_software and see about working together. He has a few features you don't have, and you have a lot he doesn't
  6. #1846  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    dio,

    I just checked out the Palmbook as well and I agree. It is lacking a few of the basic fundamentals of Facebook. He went heavy with the features but didn't worry about the core. Maybe it will eventually shape up

    grepper,

    I know you said this project can be a little much at times, you could talk with sic_software and see about working together. He has a few features you don't have, and you have a lot he doesn't
    that would be cool if they worked together
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  7. #1847  
    grepper.. I was wondering if you could make it so that the info/comments could be on or off by default. I usually like leaving them on but every time I launch the app I have to keep setting it. Where the user can decide what they want.
    Last edited by PhantomPhreak53; 11/06/2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Didn't make sense! LOL
  8. numberpro's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #1848  
    Ok, guys, I have not followed all the posts, but is there any word on when the next FF update will make it to the app catalog? I am really hurting for more functionality from the official release (no knock on FF, it is evolving).

    Yeah, I can do homebrew, but just not the type to enjoy mucking about the technical stuff. I am looking for FF to deliver the facebook functionality that Palm promised but did not deliver. Thanks.
  9. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1849  
    Quote Originally Posted by numberpro View Post
    Ok, guys, I have not followed all the posts, but is there any word on when the next FF update will make it to the app catalog? I am really hurting for more functionality from the official release (no knock on FF, it is evolving).

    Yeah, I can do homebrew, but just not the type to enjoy mucking about the technical stuff. I am looking for FF to deliver the facebook functionality that Palm promised but did not deliver. Thanks.
    Probably in a week or two. It isn't really finished, so I haven't even started the palm approval process.

    FWIW, palm will most likely be coming out with their own facebook app on the 15th when the Pixi comes out. I'll have to reevaluate my plans then.
  10. #1850  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Probably in a week or two. It isn't really finished, so I haven't even started the palm approval process.

    FWIW, palm will most likely be coming out with their own facebook app on the 15th when the Pixi comes out. I'll have to reevaluate my plans then.
    ur gonna stop development just bc palm is coming out with there own app?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  11. #1851  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    ur gonna stop development just bc palm is coming out with there own app?
    There are like 4 or 5 twitter apps for the Palm Pre, so why can't we have 3 or 4 FaceBook apps too?
  12. #1852  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    There are like 4 or 5 twitter apps for the Palm Pre, so why can't we have 3 or 4 FaceBook apps too?
    exactly....grepper should keep up with development no matter wut...i dont think thats wut he meant but almost sounds like it..
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  13. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1853  
    Here's what I meant:
    1. I will target development to features missing from the official app (assuming it doesn't have any glaring omissions which make it clearly inferior, such as not having background polling)
    2. Their app will probably have access to APIs that I do not have access to (because PALM is listed on the Nasdaq and I am not)
    3. When you buy friendsflow, you are buying the current version and a right to any future versions. You are not buying a guarantee that there will be future versions. If nobody is buying friendsflow after Palm's app comes out, then I will have to re-evaluate my business plan.

    I wish Palm had not decided to write a competing app (although, to be fair, it is probably a good thing for all of you) but I'm not interested in writing software very few people want to use because other software is better.

    I hope to be able to continue providing a product which is valuable to people, but it is possible that Palm's app will make my app obsolete in a way I can't possibly compete. That would be great for users. For me, it was a fun ride, but I'm not going to continue developing past my life expectancy.

    In other words: I won't stop developing FriendsFlow if FriendsFlow is still useful to people after Palm's app comes out. I don't want to beat a dead horse though.
  14. #1854  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Here's what I meant:
    1. I will target development to features missing from the official app (assuming it doesn't have any glaring omissions which make it clearly inferior, such as not having background polling)
    2. Their app will probably have access to APIs that I do not have access to (because PALM is listed on the Nasdaq and I am not)
    3. When you buy friendsflow, you are buying the current version and a right to any future versions. You are not buying a guarantee that there will be future versions. If nobody is buying friendsflow after Palm's app comes out, then I will have to re-evaluate my business plan.

    I wish Palm had not decided to write a competing app (although, to be fair, it is probably a good thing for all of you) but I'm not interested in writing software very few people want to use because other software is better.

    I hope to be able to continue providing a product which is valuable to people, but it is possible that Palm's app will make my app obsolete in a way I can't possibly compete. That would be great for users. For me, it was a fun ride, but I'm not going to continue developing past my life expectancy.

    In other words: I won't stop developing FriendsFlow if FriendsFlow is still useful to people after Palm's app comes out. I don't want to beat a dead horse though.
    It's definitely not going to be the case! We've already seen Palm's app demo'd on the pixi. Dieter even played with it first hand. It is the most basic of Facebooks apps ever. Your's already kills it by a landslide for features. They just wrote an ugly little app much like the one they made for the Treo 755p. I wouldn't even begin to be nervous about their app making yours obselete. I stand behind you and hope that you continue to fill features that we all need/want that their app will not be bringing!
  15. #1855  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    It's definitely not going to be the case! We've already seen Palm's app demo'd on the pixi. Dieter even played with it first hand. It is the most basic of Facebooks apps ever. Your's already kills it by a landslide for features. They just wrote an ugly little app much like the one they made for the Treo 755p. I wouldn't even begin to be nervous about their app making yours obselete. I stand behind you and hope that you continue to fill features that we all need/want that their app will not be bringing!
    +1 and also i like FF better than palmbook even though palmbook u can upload directly from the app...but wut makes FF so special (for me) obviously is the background notification even if its not smooth yet and the limited theme selection but i love the dark theme...so please dont stop development...in my opinion i love ur app the most...just KEEP going lol
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  16. #1856  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    +1 and also i like FF better than palmbook even though palmbook u can upload directly from the app...but wut makes FF so special (for me) obviously is the background notification even if its not smooth yet and the limited theme selection but i love the dark theme...so please dont stop development...in my opinion i love ur app the most...just KEEP going lol
    +1
  17. schaplin's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #1857  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    It's definitely not going to be the case! We've already seen Palm's app demo'd on the pixi. Dieter even played with it first hand. It is the most basic of Facebooks apps ever. Your's already kills it by a landslide for features. They just wrote an ugly little app much like the one they made for the Treo 755p. I wouldn't even begin to be nervous about their app making yours obselete. I stand behind you and hope that you continue to fill features that we all need/want that their app will not be bringing!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    +1 and also i like FF better than palmbook even though palmbook u can upload directly from the app...but wut makes FF so special (for me) obviously is the background notification even if its not smooth yet and the limited theme selection but i love the dark theme...so please dont stop development...in my opinion i love ur app the most...just KEEP going lol
    +3 I totally agree. I tried palmbook for about 5 minutes & deleted it. It just didn't flow easily. I'll be sticking with FF for the duration
  18. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1858  
    Palmbook is not the Facebook app Palm is writing.

    I'm ready to not jump to conclusions if you are. If the Palm application does not have the functionality FriendsFlow has, then I will certainly try to find a way to continue development.

    My guess is that I will certainly have to have a "free ad supported" version and a paid version. Not many people bought friendsflow when it was the only facebook app around, I can't imagine almost anyone buying it without trying an ad supported version first when there is a free one by palm available.
  19. Keegsta's Avatar
    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #1859  
    Even though Palmbook is flashy and stuff, I'm still using FriendsFlow. I love the black theme!
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
  20. #1860  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    Even though Palmbook is flashy and stuff, I'm still using FriendsFlow. I love the black theme!
    The only thing I currently use PalmBook for is to upload photos and be able to add captions to them. That is an extremely useful feature! Other then that, FF is worlds better for browsing everything.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions