Page 9 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Did you click on them?

(News shows your news feed, !!! shows your notifications. Notifications is just too long)
    Yeah I did click I just got confused...sorry I'm tired went to sleep late
    It looks good! Now I noticed wut I was reading
    So the bug of the interval was showing in the pre but not the emulator...very weird
    The app keeps looking better, but still needs to heavy interface work. For example pictures posted should enlarge in the same app. Why links to facebook for comments and other things. Also, it looks too crowded and overlapped. Check this out:

Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    The app keeps looking better, but still needs to heavy interface work. For example pictures posted should enlarge in the same app. Why links to facebook for comments and other things. Also, it looks too crowded and overlapped. Check this out:

i would love it if it looked like that...but lets c how this version comes up at the end
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i would love it if it looked like that...but lets c how this version comes up at the end
    I wouldn't be surprised if there are trademark issues related to using logos from the official site. This app is looking better. It currently has a feel very similar to the original Facebook styling.
    Will there be a way to switch between accounts?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Will there be a way to switch between accounts?
    Eventually. I'm not sure if it will make the initial release.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    1. Just a piece of general life advice, you generally may make some nice comments but you still need heavy work on your social interaction. For example, you shouldn't tell people what they "need" to do or suggest that a work in progress needs to be something completely different.
    Instead try making suggestions.

2. I am not going to try to copy the official facebook app. I'm not going to do that because:
    a. It would be a copyright violation, and not covered by fair use.
    b. Given that I probably won't have all the features they have at launch, it may not be the best choice of interfaces.
    c. I have no idea if facebook is working on an app for the Palm Pre. Assuming they do and it has a similar interface to the iPhone app, then they would completely swallow my market. If I have a different app which works differently, it may be a better choice for some people and both apps could coexist.
    1. Just a piece of general life advice, you generally may make some nice comments but you still need heavy work on your social interaction. For example, you shouldn't tell people what they "need" to do or suggest that a work in progress needs to be something completely different.

2. I am not going to try to copy the official facebook app. I'm not going to do that because:
    b. Given that I probably won't have all the features they have at launch, it may not be the best choice of interfaces.
    c. I have no idea if facebook is working on an app for the Palm Pre. Assuming they do and it has a similar interface to the iPhone app, then they would completely swallow my market. If I have a different app which works differently, it may be a better choice for some people and both apps could coexist.
    well said. People need to be more appreciative, especially when they dont know how to do it themselves. Suggestions are great, even CONSTRUCTIVE critisism, but telling someone what they need to do is unacceptable.

great work grepper we all appreciate yuor hard work
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    i love the daily updates!!! I just downloaded the latest version and noticed a !!! button on the bottom. What does it do? I clicked on it and it didn't seem like it did anything.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    I like this app almost love it, this app has the potential to look like the m.faccebook.com version and if it does it would be one of the best facebook app for the Pre out there. Keep up the good work
    Almost there, need to tighten up notifications and just let us go to the places notifications direct us to and it will be perfect! Thanks man.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    i love the daily updates!!! I just downloaded the latest version and noticed a !!! button on the bottom. What does it do? I clicked on it and it didn't seem like it did anything.
    That should show you your unseen notifications.

However, there's currently a bug that makes it not clear out the status messages (it just overwrites them) so if you don't have any unseen notifications it won't do anything.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    I like this app almost love it, this app has the potential to look like the m.faccebook.com version and if it does it would be one of the best facebook app for the Pre out there. Keep up the good work
    It is already definitively _the best_ facebook app for the Pre out there.

There aren't any others.
    It is already definitively _the best_ facebook app for the Pre out there.

There aren't any others.
    lol i love ur app....i havent gone to the web browser for facebook for any reason so i use ur app everyday....notifications would make it 100% better but the posting statuses and liking statuses and commenting on statuses is just awesome for me right now
    Grepper your app is sick... but be a little more understanding. Alot of people just get excited and expect alot out of you because they identify you with somebody who gets updates out fast and thus must be a very capable coder.

However, everybody needs to understand he is just one man, and he wants to get this to be an ACTUAL APP eventually. He's not just doing this for us.

One more time for sh*ts and giggles though, full blown notifications and i'll be 100% happy with the app

Hey bud, I never said you have to do something or that you must do it. I said the app needs this and that, because it needs it. You can ignore my comment if you want, but I'm giving you my personal opinion on what I think the app needs. I even took the time to look for screenshots to help you out or give you an idea. And what you I get in return? A general life advice?? Dude, I even said that you are making some good progress with the app, so why are you getting all irritated? Chill!
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Can't we all just get along ;-)
    Love the app, I can't believe the Facebook site doesn't do this basic stuff. One suggestion I would make is to have photos link to the x.facebook.com site instead of the full site. It's actually one of the things that site is actually useful for. (Link format Welcome to Facebook | Facebook) If linking to that is would be nice if it work in the app like when you click a status instead of opening a new card. Of course the downside of this is there are not photo comments. But maybe you could figure out how to add them to the bottom.