Page 83 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2357
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    A bit of experimenting seems to show that FriendsFlow is showing the "Live Feed" and not the "News Feed" from the web page.

(posts which don't show up on the "News Feed" yet show up in FriendsFlow)
    My live feed shows so and so is now friends with so and so, so and so as tagged in a photo but those aren't seen in FF for me. Also I noticed a few times now instead of a persons name it will say facebook user even when elsewhere that same persons name is correctly shown.
    A bit of experimenting seems to show that FriendsFlow is showing the "Live Feed" and not the "News Feed" from the web page.

(posts which don't show up on the "News Feed" yet show up in FriendsFlow)
    As the person above said, FriendsFlow is NOT showing Live Feed. FF does NOT show "X and Y are now friends", "X is attending Z event" or "X became of fan on Z", etc which is in the Live Feed on facebook.

Also, I do not think that there are any items that show up in FriendsFlow but do NOT show up in News Feed. for me, FF = News Feed

let me know if you need any more info. would love to get Live Feed into FF
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    For me, FriendsFlow seems to be showing the same feed it always has. I hate the new facebook format and I'm glad that FriendsFlow shows the usual feed.
    Ok..so I looked into a few things and got some more info...

The old News Feed used to be a view of everything happening on the site and would match up with FriendsFlow 100%. Well, the News Feed is now just a Highlights version of the News, not everything going on. The Live Feed is now the old News Feed plus a bunch of other things, like a listing of who friends are now friends with, etc... So, I think that FriendsFlow is eqilivent to the old News Feed, which is only a subset of the new Live Feed.. does that make sense?

So, how we get get FriendsFlow to become the new Live Feed?!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Ok..so I looked into a few things and got some more info...

The old News Feed used to be a view of everything happening on the site and would match up with FriendsFlow 100%. Well, the News Feed is now just a Highlights version of the News, not everything going on. The Live Feed is now the old News Feed plus a bunch of other things, like a listing of who friends are now friends with, etc... So, I think that FriendsFlow is eqilivent to the old News Feed, which is only a subset of the new Live Feed.. does that make sense?
    I believe that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    So, how we get get FriendsFlow to become the new Live Feed?!
    I don't think it is possible. I don't think the API exposes that. I asked on the facebook developer forum, but did not get a response.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    i don't think it is possible. I don't think the api exposes that.
    thank goodness!
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Personally, I like what FF shows... I hate the newly current again Live/News breakout. I already kind of hated Facebook (but couldn't escape it), now I much rather use FF instead of it whenever possible.
    Version 0.1.24:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.24_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.24_all.ipk)
    * Better photo caption viewing (by downsizing the photo)
    * Any notification which is not a comment on a status update now has links which take you to the web page.
    * Must have paid version installed, be on whitelist, or be outside the US.
    Grepper,

With this newest version I am having a problem with the the new info/comment function. The pictures that have a long comment and it is over the picture is really hard to read. When you click it, it displays black text and you can't really read it.

Also sometimes it takes a few clicks of the button for it to work properly.

I had a problem today where I kept swiping off notifications and when I would relaunch the app they would keep coming back.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Grepper,

With this newest version I am having a problem with the the new info/comment function. The pictures that have a long comment and it is over the picture is really hard to read. When you click it, it displays black text and you can't really read it.
    What theme are you using?
    I have the latest, and am not having these problems, works great.

Grepper, are you working on implementing notifications?
    Keep up the great work.
    What theme are you using?
    the rounded
    Grepper, would it only take you a second to fix the black font that can't be seen in the black theme when you go to leave a comment? I know it's been asked several times in here but you may have missed it. We like the black theme but can't see what we type when leaving a comment.
    Thanks man,
    +1 I just thought he was too busy adding those other tweaks to mess with the dark theme. IMO the dark theme is the one I like the best, I just tilt my phone up so I can see what I am typing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    thank goodness!
    What would be wrong with us being able to view the live feed in FF vs the news feed. I mean the news feed is fine but the so and so is friends with so and so etc that is in the live feed is a nice addition that was missed when the live feed was not available for some time. I actually discovered a number of people I know that I didn't know were on facebook when it was originally available. And now that it is back I'm sure as time goes on I'll discover other people I know on facebook because of the live feed. I really hope that we will be able to view the live feed in FF.
    Actually, there's several areas the simpledark.css theme needs some changes. In the new friends section, the font is black and very hard to read. Of course the above mentioned black font when you go to type in a comment box. Basically, anywhere there's a black font, it should be changed to white or something more readable. I downloaded the file to take a look and see if I could do this myself and was overwhelmed with how much code is on that! I should've stuck wtih programming back in college :P
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I just gave the latest version v0.1.24 a try this morning and while i like the new look of it scrolling is incredibly slow and was having major battery problems running it, the device was running warmer than normal and used 40% of the battery in about two and a half hours.

I didn't think to look at the battery usage after the first hour and a half but i did restart my Pre then because i noticed it was not updating on its own. The only programs i had running on my Pre over this time were FriendsFlowBeta and Tweed and Tweed has never given me any troubles before, in fact the only things i have ever seen eat my battery so fast are programs that use GPS like WorkoutTracker and FitTrack.
    I just deleted several posts because users called each other names or otherwise insulted each other.

First thank you to those of you who so quickly clicked the triangle icon under the name of the person(s) who made the post.

That let us get here quickly before anything else could be said.

To everyone else who did not report the insulting posts, we need your help. Please don't respond in the thread. Hit the report button instead.

Thanks,

Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I just deleted several posts because users called each other names or otherwise insulted each other.

First thank you to those of you who so quickly clicked the triangle icon under the name of the person(s) who made the post.

That let us get here quickly before anything else could be said.

To everyone else who did not report the insulting posts, we need your help. Please don't respond in the thread. Hit the report button instead.

Thanks,

Craig
    ok next time ill do that....my bad
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'm at 1.24 and I don't see much difference in scrolling. It works the same as it did before (at least for me it does). Not seeing the slowness that others have reported in scrolling.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Grepper, would it only take you a second to fix the black font that can't be seen in the black theme when you go to leave a comment? I know it's been asked several times in here but you may have missed it. We like the black theme but can't see what we type when leaving a comment.
    Thanks man,
    The dark theme is not part of FriendsFlow. Maybe it will be in the future, but it isn't now.

I want to finish implementing the features for the next version before working on themes, otherwise I need to go back to each theme to implement each new feature.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamBv1 View Post
    I just gave the latest version v0.1.24 a try this morning and while i like the new look of it scrolling is incredibly slow and was having major battery problems running it, the device was running warmer than normal and used 40% of the battery in about two and a half hours.
    Scrolling is slow with the rounded theme. The other theme (go to change theme in the menu) is much faster.

I don't think there should be any significant battery difference between versions of friendsflow. I think any new problem you are seeing is due to something else.