Page 81 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2357
    A couple of times that I've clicked on Friends and while it waits to load my hundreds, I've actually gotten the memory error saying I've run out of memory and have too many tabs open, please close a tab. FF was the only tab I had open so that must be an insane memory hog pulling that huge list. Maybe you can make it stream the list.. or even make loading the entire list an option and have it default to a blank page that lets you search for the friend your looking for.. Just ideas..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    A couple of times that I've clicked on Friends and while it waits to load my hundreds, I've actually gotten the memory error saying I've run out of memory and have too many tabs open, please close a tab. FF was the only tab I had open so that must be an insane memory hog pulling that huge list. Maybe you can make it stream the list.. or even make loading the entire list an option and have it default to a blank page that lets you search for the friend your looking for.. Just ideas..
    ive never gotten the memory error on FF especially pulling friends...one thing does annoy me is that it takes 20 to 30 seconds to load...ide rather just search for a friend without it pulling all the friends i got
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Not to start comparing this app to others... but maybe on this Grepper could take cues from the Blackberry App. It stores your friend list and then asks if you want to refresh the list. That would surely not take up too much space and be a simple work around.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    Not to start comparing this app to others... but maybe on this Grepper could take cues from the Blackberry App. It stores your friend list and then asks if you want to refresh the list. That would surely not take up too much space and be a simple work around.
    This was one of the things I hated about the Blackberry app. Why would I not want to see my friend's latest status? It's one thing to cache the list of friends (I'm not the sort to add friends every day), but retrieving their latest status is something, of course, I want to do.
    Grepper, one thing I noticed and it's probably just an aesthetic thing but when I get to the point where it will list "Wall, Photo Albums, Photos of" and then I click on "Wall" and then I post something on that wall, the confirmation message states "Successfully Updated Status." I figured it should say something like "Successful Wall Post" or something along those lines.

When I first saw it, I thought I had updated my status by accident instead of posting on that particular wall. I confirmed that it was indeed a wall posting and my status was NOT updated but the confirmation message was a bit confusing. Just thought I'd let you know just in case this has not been reported. If it's already been reported, my apologies.

Great app btw!!! I've been using it since very early beta and I was glad to pay for it once it hit the App store. It's come a long way!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I have the latest beta. I also haven't turned off SMS notifications from facebook yet. How are the notifications supposed to work from FF? I set mine to 5 minutes, show notifications on, and wake device on. But when i get an SMS notification I never get any notification from FF. It is probably a brain fart moment as to why I'm not seeing what I'm expecting to see. I didn't use the notification feature prior to FF being a paid app. I was on the stock battery and did everything possible to squeeze every tiny bit out of it. I didn't use any 3rd party app notifications until i got my extended battery.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This was one of the things I hated about the Blackberry app. Why would I not want to see my friend's latest status? It's one thing to cache the list of friends (I'm not the sort to add friends every day), but retrieving their latest status is something, of course, I want to do.
    I just mean the list itself. I use the feed for the most recent statuses, and click the friend to go to their page to get their latest status. The friends list itself does not show statuses.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    The next beta version will use much less memory when loading the friends list. It is also about 20x faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Grepper, one thing I noticed and it's probably just an aesthetic thing but when I get to the point where it will list "Wall, Photo Albums, Photos of" and then I click on "Wall" and then I post something on that wall, the confirmation message states "Successfully Updated Status." I figured it should say something like "Successful Wall Post" or something along those lines.
    Thanks. I should fix that. I am in the process of rewriting all the "action feedback items" to be more informative, so that's really helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    The next beta version will use much less memory when loading the friends list. It is also about 20x faster.

Thanks. I should fix that. I am in the process of rewriting all the "action feedback items" to be more informative, so that's really helpful.
    When are you expecting to push the update?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    When are you expecting to push the update?
    Probably tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Probably tomorrow.
    Cool! I look forward to it!
    hey grepper any plans on fixing the dark theme?
    Is it possible to add an option to send a friend request from the menu. Also, the notifications and friends bar occupy too much space. I think a bell icon with a number over and a buddy icon would work better.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I have the latest beta. I also haven't turned off SMS notifications from facebook yet. How are the notifications supposed to work from FF? I set mine to 5 minutes, show notifications on, and wake device on. But when i get an SMS notification I never get any notification from FF. It is probably a brain fart moment as to why I'm not seeing what I'm expecting to see. I didn't use the notification feature prior to FF being a paid app. I was on the stock battery and did everything possible to squeeze every tiny bit out of it. I didn't use any 3rd party app notifications until i got my extended battery.
    i have this same problem...i have not gotten any notifications from FF starting 2 updates ago and i am on the current one now...actually, i havent gotten notifications since the paid app...i posted this earlier but didnt get a response...i hav SMS from FB turned on to make sure i get notifications...FF does not notify for me (yes i have them on and to wake)

Plus, I can add captions already to uploaded photos. I just use "Email" from the photos app. I send it to a Facebook address and the subject of the e-mail is the caption.
    Thanks I didn't know you could do that I wonder does it work with all photo uploads? Great find!!
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    i have this same problem...i have not gotten any notifications from FF starting 2 updates ago and i am on the current one now...actually, i havent gotten notifications since the paid app...i posted this earlier but didnt get a response...i hav SMS from FB turned on to make sure i get notifications...FF does not notify for me (yes i have them on and to wake)
    you can't receive any kind of notifications background in this app yet.
    the only way you can receive notifications is with an open card!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Jep.. and that is working.. but I would apreciate it if it would possible to turn of the Notification Sound (or change it). For me I would love to have only the same short Vibration as I get when recieving an eMail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Jep.. and that is working.. but I would apreciate it if it would possible to turn of the Notification Sound (or change it). For me I would love to have only the same short Vibration as I get when recieving an eMail.
    +1 ..I'll like that too ..preferences change the notif sound or just vibrate!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks I didn't know you could do that I wonder does it work with all photo uploads? Great find!!
    What do you by by "all photo uploads"?

Anyway, to access this feature, you need to get your secret e-mail address. Login to Facebook via a browser. Scroll to the very bottom and there will be a tiny link that says "Mobile." It's at the very bottom, just to the left of "Help."

This will give you a page that will tell you the secret e-mail address and give you additional information.

Then, from the Pre's photo app, just go to the menu, pick e-mail, and enter your secret Facebook e-mail address (I created a contact called "Facebook Photo" to make this easy). Put your caption as the e-mail's subject. No need to put anything in the e-mail body.

Once you send, Facebook will e-mail you back a confirmation.

Works well. Just as easy as picking "Facebook" from the Photo App menu.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    What do you by by "all photo uploads"?

Anyway, to access this feature, you need to get your secret e-mail address. Login to Facebook via a browser. Scroll to the very bottom and there will be a tiny link that says "Mobile." It's at the very bottom, just to the left of "Help."

This will give you a page that will tell you the secret e-mail address and give you additional information.

Then, from the Pre's photo app, just go to the menu, pick e-mail, and enter your secret Facebook e-mail address (I created a contact called "Facebook Photo" to make this easy). Put your caption as the e-mail's subject. No need to put anything in the e-mail body.

Once you send, Facebook will e-mail you back a confirmation.

Works well. Just as easy as picking "Facebook" from the Photo App menu.
    Thanks for the info! I would have never known this.