Page 80 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2357
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Fixing up the photo viewing is probably next on my list. I'm hoping to add a bunch of features there. (reading and posting comments, hopefully tags, etc.)

I will probably have a small button in the bottom right to have more options pop up. Alternatively I could just have all the options "below" the image. (You scroll down to see the comments, etc. You scroll to the sides to see the other photos)

Either is fine. I think from a usability standpoint scrolling to the bottom of the pic is better (but what about pics w/ a ton of comments? would it slow it down when going from photo to photo?)

but from an aesthetics point of view button for more is better (?)

Maybe make that an option? (display photo comments and options below a picture or via button for more)

EDIT - the more I think about it, the more I think scrolling to the bottom of the picture for the caption/comments/options would be better..

-m
    hey grepper you should have a button next to friend or refresh that lets you go home
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Hey Grepper,
    This new update is awesome, you're doing a great job.
    hey grepper you have taken this app to a new level. I really like being able to view the wall feature. Do you have any plans on fixing the dark theme so that you can see what you are typing?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Great work, grepper... Thanks for the time and effort. Put a new review into the app catalog, hope others will too.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    In order to READ your inbox, FriendsFlow needs to get "whitelisted" by facebook. (see Message.getThreadsInFolder - Facebook Developer Wiki) I applied for that weeks ago. I just sent them another message.

So far as I can tell, there is no way to respond to messages in your inbox via the API.

This is one spot facebook is really failing in its API.
    Is there anything we can do about this? Maybe if all FriendsFlow users write a Message to Facebook telling them to put you on that whitelist ASAP?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Is there anything we can do about this? Maybe if all FriendsFlow users write a Message to Facebook telling them to put you on that whitelist ASAP?
    Is it even a useful feature if you can't respond to the messages?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    For me, personally... nope. I hardly ever get those sorts of FB messages, but if I do... FB emails me about it. At that point, for that one specific reason, I might as well just log into the website in case I do need to respond.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I would say it's a start
    Grepper, I hope you get some time to work on the dark theme and others.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I downloaded version 1.22 this morning. I don't know if it is just me, but it seems when I try to post a longer status update it doesn't update. It tells me that I have successfully updated my status, but actually hasn't. If I enter a shorter status update, it updates just fine. Weird.
    Last edited by schaplin; 10/21/2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Grammar errors.

I don't even think the iPhone app did it for a long time.
    Guys, you can view your inbox in the Facebook Mobile site (x.facebook.com) so lets not worry about getting redundant features here but rather features we can't currently do such as adding captions to the photos we upload from the Pre. That seems like a much higher priority..
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I think I may have found a bug!

If I click on Notifications, and then click one to view the original post, and then comment on that post, it will tell me that I commented successfully and then take me back to the notification screen, but the comment never posts!

If I click on a status from the feed page my comments will post.

Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    I think I may have found a bug!

If I click on Notifications, and then click one to view the original post, and then comment on that post, it will tell me that I commented successfully and then take me back to the notification screen, but the comment never posts!

If I click on a status from the feed page my comments will post.

Anyone else?
    I know that earlier today, I tried to delete a notification and it kept on showing up. I tried 6 times. Finally, I closed the app, opened it again, deleted the notification and it actually deleted. It also won't let me post long status updates, but short ones go through just fine.

Also, some of the profile pics for my Friends don't show up, but that doesn't bug me that much.
    Last edited by schaplin; 10/21/2009 at 08:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I'll try to get better error messages for commenting and status messages. Right now I may be ignoring some indications that things didn't work.
    SMS messages from facebook got on my nerves. I thought it was a good idea to start but deleting the new conversations it creates for every message is what made it so annoying. I love the frequency of notification but the maintenance drove me overboard. So I decided to go ahead and buy FF even though it isn't my ideal design at the moment. But it seems to me that grepper is dedicated to making it be the best it can be. So I'm gambling that in the long run FF will be better than the one who knows when we will get it one we heard about in the pixi demo. Heck who knows even what it will do. So far the track record of webOS clients of other 3rd party stuff has been behind the stuff all other platforms had before the pre was even announced. Anyways keep up the good work things are heading in a good direction. I should have some feedback after I have a good number of days to get a feel for what is what and how I use it.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Guys, you can view your inbox in the Facebook Mobile site (x.facebook.com) so lets not worry about getting redundant features here but rather features we can't currently do such as adding captions to the photos we upload from the Pre. That seems like a much higher priority..
    I thought the whole point was to not have to use x.facebook.com...

Plus, I can add captions already to uploaded photos. I just use "Email" from the photos app. I send it to a Facebook address and the subject of the e-mail is the caption.

So, if priorities are things you can't do at all from the Pre, perhaps it should be chat. Although, that actually can be done from Welcome to Facebook | Facebook, so...
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    why use FF if its just another app that does condensed version of moblie web page
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rattical View Post
    why use FF if its just another app that does condensed version of moblie web page
    Here's why I use FF (and paid for it):

It's faster. This is particularly true when I don't have a high speed data connection. When I'm on the subway, and have 1X data roaming, I just need to wait once for everything to load. With x.facebook.com, I need to wait after every little thing I do. Plus, if you add up all the wait times, the browser is still slower.

I find the navigation simple and lets me quickly see statuses, read comments, and add my own comments. The navigation for x.facebook.com just doesn't work as well for me.

It's easy and quick to see my notifications and add my own status.

In the end, even though it doesn't do everything I'd want, I just find that it (forgive the pun) "flows" better.

Plus, I can converse with grepper here and get feedback on what he's thinking. The folks at Facebook don't give a darn about the feedback of a small number of people. And they most certainly won't have active dialogs with users. So, there are two advantages. First, I feel that it's more likely that my opinion will have an impact. Second, I like supporting (both with money and praise) those that "sit down" with their users. Facebook doesn't do that. Grepper, occasionally (understandable) grouchiness aside, does and does a decent job at it.