Page 79 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2357
    Ok so I found a bug. When you click on a photo that the user has been tagged in, and then swipe left or right to move forward or backwards in these tagged pics of the user that show up on the main tagged pics screen, it starts cycling between the pics from the users photo album that tagged this user rather than the tagged pics of this specific user. Make sense? So I get to see the first one, then might see 15 random ones that don't have this user in them at all because they are the tagger's photos rather then this user's tagged pics..
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.22:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.22_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.22_all.ipk)
    * When viewing someone else's wall, you can post to their wall by using the text box at the top.
    * Must have paid version installed, be on whitelist, or be outside the US.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Ok so I found a bug. When you click on a photo that the user has been tagged in, and then swipe left or right to move forward or backwards in these tagged pics of the user that show up on the main tagged pics screen, it starts cycling between the pics from the users photo album that tagged this user rather than the tagged pics of this specific user. Make sense? So I get to see the first one, then might see 15 random ones that don't have this user in them at all because they are the tagger's photos rather then this user's tagged pics..
    Not exactly a bug, since that's how I expected (and intended) it to work.

Are you asking for it to cycle among the photos the person is tagged in?
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Not exactly a bug, since that's how I expected (and intended) it to work.

Are you asking for it to cycle among the photos the person is tagged in?
    Exactly, as those are the only ones I care about when viewing a specific users photos..
    I think Facebook does that too. It doesn't just cylce through the tagged pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I think Facebook does that too. It doesn't just cylce through the tagged pics.
    If you go on the users's page on the real Facebook, and click on "Photos", it'll let you go through however many pages of pics there are tagged of this specific user.. maybe your saying if you hit "next" it'll do the same thing Grepper's currently does but you can browse through only pics of this user if you go to "next page"..

Update: I just tried it by hitting "next" and "previous" and it does cycle through only tagged images of this user rather than taking off to the taggers album photos..
    Last edited by volcom45; 10/20/2009 at 02:53 PM.
    I am noticing that when I first launch the app it doesn't load correctly. The pictures for the users don't load and the notification link doesn't display correctly. It doesn't show the same as if it had no notifications and it doesn't display like it does when you do have notifications. Once I hit refresh it all displays correctly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I am noticing that when I first launch the app it doesn't load correctly. The pictures for the users don't load and the notification link doesn't display correctly. It doesn't show the same as if it had no notifications and it doesn't display like it does when you do have notifications. Once I hit refresh it all displays correctly though.
    I'm not experiencing this.. although the photos have not always loaded since day 1. He said that was due to the API or something.. I usually have a couple status listings that don't end up loading pics.. I just got used to it. My notifications are working fine though in this release. Try uninstalling and installing fresh..
    I just have to say that while not perfect, this app is more than worth every penny I spent on it. Thank you grepper for all your work you put into this project. It's great to see all the new stuff you're able to fit into this sweet app!
    Quote Originally Posted by scodoublet View Post
    I just have to say that while not perfect, this app is more than worth every penny I spent on it. Thank you grepper for all your work you put into this project. It's great to see all the new stuff you're able to fit into this sweet app!
    +1!
    I have to say the same. This is becoming one hell of an app, well worth it, thanks for all your hard work Grepper.
    It seems if you start typing out the name of your friend before the list loads (which takes quite awhile if you have alot of friends, that once the friends list loads, it doesn't show you a match for what you typed.. yet if you backspace 1 letter from what you typed after the list loaded, then it goes to the result of your typing. Be nice if it would bypass loading all the friends from the getgo and went right to the query result since it takes so long otherwise. Also, how do you get back to your status page from friends or a friends profile without just backswiping all the way back?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    It seems if you start typing out the name of your friend before the list loads (which takes quite awhile if you have alot of friends, that once the friends list loads, it doesn't show you a match for what you typed.. yet if you backspace 1 letter from what you typed after the list loaded, then it goes to the result of your typing. Be nice if it would bypass loading all the friends from the getgo and went right to the query result since it takes so long otherwise.
    I guess I can look into caching it. I'm a bit hesitant about using up memory to cache things, and some people have thousands of friends.

I can certainly make it honor the search string once it loads them.

Also, how do you get back to your status page from friends or a friends profile without just backswiping all the way back?
    Currently, that's the only way. Should I have a "News Feed" button at the bottom of all the other scenes?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    PS, I could probably speed up the friend loading too since I'm getting a bunch of information I'm not currently displaying.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I like the new "Friends" button and I like being able to view profiles from the feeds as well, but I usually only do the latter. Could you maybe shorten the "Notification" button to be just a symbol/icon with a number? That way you will have room to add an "INBOX" button!!! INBOX, INBOX, INBOX!!!
    I guess I can look into caching it. I'm a bit hesitant about using up memory to cache things, and some people have thousands of friends.

I can certainly make it honor the search string once it loads them.

Currently, that's the only way. Should I have a "News Feed" button at the bottom of all the other scenes?
    1. Cool, I don't care about caching as long as it honors the search string from the start..

2. Hmmmm, tough call since your already running out of real estate down there..
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    PS, I could probably speed up the friend loading too since I'm getting a bunch of information I'm not currently displaying.
    PPS, yes, that makes it much faster.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    PPS, yes, that makes it much faster.
    Great It takes me more then a minute to load my 700 friends right now over wifi
    -mark
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    btw - can you make the photo captions go away after a few seconds? (or optional?)

Some of my pics have long captions, and take up almost 1/2 of the screen

Grepper, you're connected to me. browse my profile (mark r) and pick any album except for the mobile uploads to see what I mean. Maybe make it so that you have to scroll down past the picture to see the caption as opposed to overlaying it over the pic? (or just show one line of a caption, with option to see more along w/ photo comments?)
    -mark
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    I like the new "Friends" button and I like being able to view profiles from the feeds as well, but I usually only do the latter. Could you maybe shorten the "Notification" button to be just a symbol/icon with a number? That way you will have room to add an "INBOX" button!!! INBOX, INBOX, INBOX!!!
    In order to READ your inbox, FriendsFlow needs to get "whitelisted" by facebook. (see Message.getThreadsInFolder - Facebook Developer Wiki) I applied for that weeks ago. I just sent them another message.

So far as I can tell, there is no way to respond to messages in your inbox via the API.

This is one spot facebook is really failing in its API.

Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    btw - can you make the photo captions go away after a few seconds? (or optional?)

Some of my pics have long captions, and take up almost 1/2 of the screen
    Fixing up the photo viewing is probably next on my list. I'm hoping to add a bunch of features there. (reading and posting comments, hopefully tags, etc.)

I will probably have a small button in the bottom right to have more options pop up. Alternatively I could just have all the options "below" the image. (You scroll down to see the comments, etc. You scroll to the sides to see the other photos)