Page 73 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2357
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    grepper! I am glad you are back! I hope you aren't working too hard!

I think the biggest feature for me is being able to upload pictures! That is the one feature that the x.facebook.com doesn't offer. The pre takes great pictures so we should be able to showcase them. Next in the priority list would be messages. Thanks!
    what im thinking ... why you need photo uploader ??? if pre have a photo uploader allready and its easy to use!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    what im thinking ... why you need photo uploader ??? if pre have a photo uploader allready and its easy to use!
    Could care less about a photo uploader, but do need a way to add captions to uploaded photos.. that was my point..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Could care less about a photo uploader, but do need a way to add captions to uploaded photos.. that was my point..
    +1
    Grepper, don't get me wrong, but I see you trying to add new features when there is still work left to be finished for things that are still half baked. For example:
    -True background notifications for new posts, just like Twee, Tweed and Pack n Track do it.
    -Tapping on the "enter comment here..." textbox still doesn't clear up the text or gray it out.
    -Themes still need some work. I hope you can make it so that the user just have to tap on a sample one and get it applied instead of manually typing the whole address.
    -Also, like I said it already many times I can't see what I'm typing on the dark theme.
    -It would be nice to see an option where caption would hide/show on a picture.

Believe me, if you refine what you already have instead of adding more features more people will buy it and be happy with it. From what I read in the app store, there are a lot of unhappy people who think FriendsFlow looks like amateur work. I think it has a lot of potential and it keeps looking better, but I hope you listen to us and instead of adding more features just try to finish what you have done so far. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    What photo uploader does the Pre have for Facebook?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    What photo uploader does the Pre have for Facebook?
    In the photo app.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Grepper, don't get me wrong, but I see you trying to add new features when there is still work left to be finished for things that are still half baked. For example:
    -True background notifications for new posts, just like Twee, Tweed and Pack n Track do it.
    That's my plan. I consider this a new feature.

-Tapping on the "enter comment here..." textbox still doesn't clear up the text or gray it out.
    That's how palm implemented the hint text. Don't look at me.

-Themes still need some work. I hope you can make it so that the user just have to tap on a sample one and get it applied instead of manually typing the whole address.
    That's exactly how it works now. I don't know what you are talking about. You can pick from either of the two available themes by swiping to them OR you can type in a url.

Perhaps you are complaining that I made a theme and didn't include it in the app? (I did that so that others could see how it was done and create their own...)

-Also, like I said it already many times I can't see what I'm typing on the dark theme.
    The dark theme is not part of the product. It is a sample theme. I'll probably fix it and include it but that would be "new functionality" not "refining what's already there."

-It would be nice to see an option where caption would hide/show on a picture.
    That's a good idea. I believe that was in my plans for more fully implementing photos.

Believe me, if you refine what you already have instead of adding more features more people will buy it and be happy with it.
    False. Well, at least the "more people will buy it" part. How would they know?

From what I read in the app store, there are a lot of unhappy people who think FriendsFlow looks like amateur work.
    That's because the app was completely broken for 4 of the first 6 days it was released because palm took, um, 4 days to put up my fix which I had hours after facebook made the change.

They also complained that the beta version had newer features... which happens when palm takes 5 weeks to release the code I gave them.

I think it has a lot of potential and it keeps looking better, but I hope you listen to us and instead of adding more features just try to finish what you have done so far. Thank you
    Who is this "us"? Are you more than one person?

No offense. Really. Just don't assume everyone agrees with you. That's simply not what other users are asking for.

If you have specific "refinements" you want please submit them to All topics for FriendsFlow

so far the features people seem to want most are:

* Ability to view user's profiles
    * Clicking on notification should bring you to the post
    * And the ability to upload (and add captions to) photos
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Be nice to us, or at least the "me" us.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Be nice to us, or at least the "me" us.
    I'm trying to be "fair" to both "you" (the user community) and "me" the developer.

It isn't "fair" to anyone for someone to claim that "we" (the user community) wants X Y and Z when the person posting that is the only one asking for many of those features.

I personally think that the nicest thing I can do for any of you is to be honest and fair.

I'm not trying to be mean, just honest. When I see a post which I believe distorts reality I have three options: be honest, sugar coat my response and pretend I believe it is reality, or just ignore it.

It seems to me that it is more respectful to be honest. I'd like you to respect my work, and I will do my best to respect your comments and give them the full consideration they deserve.

As I said, I intend to do many of the things TreoRock suggested.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I'm trying to be "fair" to both "you" (the user community) and "me" the developer.

It isn't "fair" to anyone for someone to claim that "we" (the user community) wants X Y and Z when the person posting that is the only one asking for many of those features.

I personally think that the nicest thing I can do for any of you is to be honest and fair.

I'm not trying to be mean, just honest. When I see a post which I believe distorts reality I have three options: be honest, sugar coat my response and pretend I believe it is reality, or just ignore it.

It seems to me that it is more respectful to be honest. I'd like you to respect my work, and I will do my best to respect your comments and give them the full consideration they deserve.

As I said, I intend to do many of the things TreoRock suggested.
    I'm really sorry... I was actually just making a joke and poking light fun at the whole "us" thing. I wasn't actually saying you should be nicer or anything. :-P Sorry for my vague joking. I'll try to be nicer (kidding).
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Grepper,

I have been using this app for a LONG time now... well, long compared to many of the users and I like what you are doing with the app. I don't consider it amaturish at all, and I like the fact that you are listening to the majority and trying to implement what we want.... now, in short, get back to work and get that "comment photo" feature, implemented
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I actually almost have the notifications list reimplemented so that you can swipe to mark read and tap to view the post.
    I actually almost have the notifications list reimplemented so that you can swipe to mark read and tap to view the post.
    awesome does this include background notifications?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Pretty sure that's separate.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Wrong type of notifications. (I'm working on facebook notifications not palm notifications.)

I will work on running in the background soon.
    Pretty sure that's separate.
    Wrong type of notifications. (I'm working on facebook notifications not palm notifications.)

I will work on running in the background soon.
    oh ok that's cool...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Yo, grepper/everyone,

Not trying to influence what features are/are not added to FF, just making sure people saw this in case it:

A) Is helpful
    B) Changes priority of development

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...a-gateway.html
    Yo, grepper/everyone,

Not trying to influence what features are/are not added to FF, just making sure people saw this in case it:

A) Is helpful
    B) Changes priority of development

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...a-gateway.html
    ???... i think A???
    what about when u update ur status ... could see the little mobile sign and say via ff for pre!!! ... ill like to see that like the iphone , android or blackberry ... they have that ...
    just a suggestion thats all !
    The ability to swipe the notifications away to the right will be a nice edition Grepper! I look forward to this. Please don't make it bring up a confirm though. Just let them vanish like in email.