Page 72 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2357
    Why would one want the beta version over the paid version?
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    beta version has the latest improvements but may not be as stable.

paid version doesn't have the latest bells and whistles, but is usually more stable
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    The beta version is newer and has more features and less bugs. Updates for the beta come out quite often, but updates to the paid version are fewer and further between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    beta version has the latest improvements but may not be as stable.

paid version doesn't have the latest bells and whistles, but is usually more stable
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    The beta version is newer and has more features and less bugs. Updates for the beta come out quite often, but updates to the paid version are fewer and further between.
    ...but eventually the paid app WILL get the updates as soon as the kinks are situated right?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    ...but eventually the paid app WILL get the updates as soon as the kinks are situated right?
    Yes. I am targeting monthly paid app updates.

So I plan to add features for the first 2/3- 3/4 of the month and work out bugs the last bit.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yeah, eventually. We don't really know how fast paid updates come yet, as there have only been a few. It could take a month to get new features, or it could take a few weeks. Regardless, it'll be a little slower than the updates to the beta version.

I guess it depends if you want to be on the bleeding edge, or more stable.

EDIT: well, I guess we now know how fast paid updates are planned
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Status update:

I am backing out the major rewrite I've been working on for the past few days. The new method of accessing facebook (fql) seems even more broken and convoluted.

The database running on the phone also turns out to be fairly slow so caching things turns out to have made things slower instead of faster.

So, on to other features instead.
    Here are the features I'm considering adding next:
    * photo browsing and uploading.
    * "Messages" (although I'm not sure I can _send_ messages...)
    * viewing user profiles
    * rewriting the "notifications" page
    * Filtering your feed based on your groups
    * Allowing you to filter certain applications or users (unfortunately only in friendsflow since I don't have access to modify your facebook filters)
    * let users choose sound

What do people want most?
    Last edited by grepper; 10/15/2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added sound
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Status update:

I am backing out the major rewrite I've been working on for the past few days. The new method of accessing facebook (fql) seems even more broken and convoluted.

The database running on the phone also turns out to be fairly slow so caching things turns out to have made things slower instead of faster.

* viewing user profiles
    * Allowing you to filter certain applications or users (unfortunately only in friendsflow since I don't have access to modify your facebook filters)
    * let users choose sound

wow thats an advance, um what about background notifications? just asking!!.. and what a great app !!!!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    wow thats an advance, um what about background notifications? just asking!!.. and what a great app !!!!
    That's another great idea.

Add that to the list of possibilities.

(I'm not promising to do all those, I'm asking for input to help pick which one to tackle first)

(I'm not promising to do all those, I'm asking for input to help pick which one to tackle first)
    cool man .. i hope in a future you can add all these features!!!..and keep going ur app is great!
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Full User Profile Support
    Poking/Pokes (as part of the notifications system?)
    Background Notifications

That'd be my top 3 vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Full User Profile Support
    Poking/Pokes (as part of the notifications system?)
    Background Notifications

That'd be my top 3 vote.
    poking/pokes !!!.. that sounds like for girls lol
    One of my biggest needs is being able to add captions to the pictures I can upload from the Pre with the included "upload to facebook" support. I do not want to have to setup a ridiculous email account and email attach and enter subject lines in order to get a caption. If you can add this, I think it'll help out alot of people! I also would like profile viewing and viewing of messages inbox..
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    poking/pokes !!!.. that sounds like for girls lol
    Haha, yeah... 99% girls (especially my girlfriend who lives with me, lol) and younger family members (nieces, nephews, etc). Some people are weird about it... How dare I take a few days to poke people back!? lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    One of my biggest needs is being able to add captions to the pictures I can upload from the Pre with the included "upload to facebook" support. I do not want to have to setup a ridiculous email account and email attach and enter subject lines in order to get a caption. If you can add this, I think it'll help out alot of people! I also would like profile viewing and viewing of messages inbox..
    +1 I hope you can work on the picture captions that show over the pictures. Maybe if you could add a button to be able to hide/show would help. Some people write stories about their pictures and makes things hard to view them.
    More themes would be nice. Also, the dark theme has a problem on the comment section. I can't see what I'm writing and the buttons should have a dark background instead of white.
    For the dark theme, I guess it is an easy fix. On comment make the font white inside the textbox while you type.

Basically for me the #1 thing I want is: Staying on top of changes to the feed kind of like RSS of what is happening in your social circle on facebook read for the full details. Anything else on top of that is bonus stuff to me. I'll buy or use whatever facebook client does that for me. My social circle is constantly using facebook and so far my only recourse to stay on top of things is to constantly visit the feed. Anyways all the details are in that link. The webOS notification system is perfect for alerting for all of that stuff.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Please help me! I am desperate! I have paid for 2 apps from the app catalog, Air Hockey and Friends Flow. The latter is my all-time favorite app on the Pre. Last weekend I had to have my Pre replaced due to the touch screen not working. I have been able to re-install Air Hockey, but every time I try to re-install FF, I get the "App Catalog Unavailable" error. I have my receipt, I would even be willing to buy it again if it would let me. The beta does not work fully for me (main feed will not load for some reason). Like I said, I am DESPERATE to have this app back on my Pre. Please help! Thank you.
    When someone writes on my wall it shows it as Their Name -- My Name in FriendsFlow. FriendsFlow allows me to comment but that only shows up on my wall. Is there a way to do the wall-to-wall like the website? When we get "viewing user profile" will we also get the ability to post to their wall?

Thanks for all the work you do to make FriendsFlow one of my most used apps.
    Status update:

* viewing user profiles
    * let users choose sound

grepper! I am glad you are back! I hope you aren't working too hard!

I think the biggest feature for me is being able to upload pictures! That is the one feature that the x.facebook.com doesn't offer. The pre takes great pictures so we should be able to showcase them. Next in the priority list would be messages. Thanks!