Page 71 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2357
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaManiac View Post
    Well, that's your problem, not mine.

I've got about 70 apps installed (and the memory is close to full with pictures, video and music), but I don't use my Pre primarily as a gaming device.
    I have an X-Box for that.
    You can get 70 apps installed...if they are smaller apps. I was just pointing out that the patch is not the magic fix a lot of people are hoping for, that's all.

And I have like 3 games installed on my Pre. I have a job and family...no time for video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    ... One of the best features of Tweed (the Twitter client that came with the Pre) .....
    FWIW, Tweed does not come preinstalled on the Pre (thank goodness)..
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    If you use the beta version once while you have the paid version installed it should automatically add you to the whitelist.

If you would like me to confirm that you are whitelisted e-mail your facebook id (the thing you log in with) to info@friendsflow.com
    Oh, somehow I missed this... Well, as promised I purchased the app today. The auto whitelisting worked just fine and I now have just the beta installed. Thanks.

Are we allowed to donate bribe for features? jk. :-P
    i would purchase the app if i could reply to msgs and emails too. I'm sure a facebook application will come to webos soon enough that will be free.
    Seeing as the reports of out of space for adding apps is getting increasingly more common to figure out what is using space other than saying I have x apps installed it is best those reporting hitting the limit type at the root@castle prompt: du -sh /var/* | sort -rn, this will list how much space each directory in /var uses. If nearly all the space is taken up by the directory apps are kept in then indeed apps will have to be dealt with to install more apps. However it is possible the space is used up by other data stored in the /var folder. I encountered one such situation so far and deleted the file using up a lot of space.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Hi, I purchased the paid version of Friendsflow and absolutely like all the features. I have one issue and that is with the notifications. I get a notification saying I have a new status and 1 notification. When I click on the notification and it goes into the friendsfow app, it shows I have zero notifications. I hit the refresh button and same thing. Whats the purpose of that? Where is it pulling that I have new notifications? Thanks
    I bought the paid version and I want to update my FriendsFlow to the homebrew version. How can I do that? It seems like it will install a second FriendsFlow from Preware? Any ideas?
    so we dont have to keep the paid app on the pre? just the beta? i have them both installed bc i want to use the beta...
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I bought the paid version and I want to update my FriendsFlow to the homebrew version. How can I do that? It seems like it will install a second FriendsFlow from Preware? Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    so we dont have to keep the paid app on the pre? just the beta? i have them both installed bc i want to use the beta...

Yeah, he posted that if you want to just have the beta version after you purchase the App Catalog version, you can do that just fine.

Buy and install paid version
    Install beta version
    Run beta version once while paid version is still installed (which white lists you)
    Remove paid version

Works fine.
    Got it Thank you! Now, it would be nice to see more themes...
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Got it Thank you! Now, it would be nice to see more themes...
    I believe he's working on higher priority features than themes right now, such as adding ability to upload photos from the phone and add captions to them.. Can't wait for this feature!
    The dark theme looks cool, but when I write a comment I can't see what I'm typing. That needs to be fixed. As far as I can see FriendsFlow is using a stylesheet that anybody can create and just upload to their website. So grepper doesn't have to be the only person working on themes. Anybody can do it, I just don't see anybody interested in creating them..
    Grepper hasn't talked in days.. maybe he's on vacation after all the apps he sold :P
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Grepper hasn't talked in days.. maybe he's on vacation after all the apps he sold :P
    +1... lol no doubt!
    I would create a theme if I knew how the hell to do it.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I'm not on vacation.

I've been working on redoing the backend of FriendsFlow to cache information.

I currently have a (mostly) working version of FriendsFlow which can work offline (except for pictures)

So here's the goodnews/badnews

Good news:
    I have caching working for almost all previous functionality.
    I should have everything working again within the next couple days.
    I think that things are faster in the new version.

Bad news:
    I had hoped to have the ability to do "palm synergy" to let you add specific people or groups to your address book, but the facebook API doesn't give me access to phone numbers so that would be pretty useless.

I'm unsure how best to release this new version. It will almost certainly be buggier and a step back in some people's opinions. But I guess that's how beta versions work...
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I'm not on vacation.

I've been working on redoing the backend of FriendsFlow to cache information.

I currently have a (mostly) working version of FriendsFlow which can work offline (except for pictures)

So here's the goodnews/badnews

Good news:
    I have caching working for almost all previous functionality.
    I should have everything working again within the next couple days.
    I think that things are faster in the new version.

Bad news:
    I had hoped to have the ability to do "palm synergy" to let you add specific people or groups to your address book, but the facebook API doesn't give me access to phone numbers so that would be pretty useless.

I'm unsure how best to release this new version. It will almost certainly be buggier and a step back in some people's opinions. But I guess that's how beta versions work...
    thats wut beta versions r for...i wouldnt mind testing it out...im used to it...bring it on dude!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Palm has not told me how many apps I have sold. I'm almost certain it is under 3-4k.

Enough that I will certainly continue development, but if someone asked me whether I recommended writing a complex app for WebOS in order to make money I would probably recommend against it. If I could go back to my past self, I'd probably tell him not to bother.
    Courage to ya man! Don't be discouraged. Just from this thread alone, we know tons have tried to buy your app and failed due to the stupid out of space memory constraint that it sounds like Palm will have fixed within weeks. I'm sure your sales will spur greatly soon and especially with the hugely successful launches in Germany and UK. We apprecaite you man!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Courage to ya man! Don't be discouraged. Just from this thread alone, we know tons have tried to buy your app and failed due to the stupid out of space memory constraint that it sounds like Palm will have fixed within weeks. I'm sure your sales will spur greatly soon and especially with the hugely successful launches in Germany and UK. We apprecaite you man!
    Well, as I said, the past is a sunk cost and I'm moving forward.

If I had to guess (having no inside information) I'd say that paid apps won't hit other countries for quite a while.

We'll see though.