Page 69 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2357
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    go to the menu and select "Change Theme", then swipe to custom theme, then type in the url. Swipe back and everything should be in the new theme.
    The theming is is a nice feature grepper. Is there a way to make the padding the same color as the theme?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The theming is is a nice feature grepper. Is there a way to make the padding the same color as the theme?
    You mean in the dark theme?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Version 0.1.15:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.15_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.15_all.ipk)
    * Can now select a theme (only two right now. One is the new theme and the other is similar to the old theme)
    * Must have paid version installed, be on whitelist, or be in canada.

Next up: adding the ability to put a custom url for the theme. That way anyone can create a theme (using css) and just hand out the url, I'll put up details about the css file later.
    Also on the front burner: making a database of people who have ever been authenticated as paid users. These users will not need to have the paid app installed to use the beta.

Thank you, obviously it was user error... I appreciate your work and $2 for the app was really inexpensive.
    I fixed the dark theme. Now all the text is a readable color. I'll include it in the next beta as a choice. You can load it from http://friendsflow.com/simpledark.css

If you want to try developing your own theme, you could try downloading the html from here: http://friendsflow.com/tmp/viewstream.php and modifying it to look locally. You'd probably want to use safari, but even that won't be a perfect reflection of what things look like on the pre.
    Simple Dark looks good except when you go into make a comment. You can't see the text entry field very well. It just looks all the same color.

I don't know how to edit the css file. Any way to do a burnt orange theme?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    Simple Dark looks good except when you go into make a comment. You can't see the text entry field very well. It just looks all the same color.
    Yeah, I should fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    I don't know how to edit the css file. Any way to do a burnt orange theme?
    Sure there's a way. I think my time would be better spent working on adding more features though. The community has the tools and probably more graphic design skills than I do, so lets see what they can come up with.
    I asked palm to take it down because the facebook broke the version they were selling and they couldn't update it quickly.

I guess I'll allow people to use the beta version in the mean time.
    thanks! my beta version works again. I'll be watching for the paid version to reappear. All the best, dW
    Hi Grepper, was just curious if you've made a decison based on the voting for your nexty major feature implementation after the themes? I think if you could create a way for us to add captions to the images we upload with the included "Upload to Facebook" that the Pre already has, that would be HUGE! How hard would that be?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hi Grepper, was just curious if you've made a decison based on the voting for your nexty major feature implementation after the themes? I think if you could create a way for us to add captions to the images we upload with the included "Upload to Facebook" that the Pre already has, that would be HUGE! How hard would that be?
    I'm working on a rewrite of the way a retrieve and store data locally on the phone.

I'm going to use an API which I believe is more stable (thus less likely for facebook to break it) and cache everything on the phone so that a. you can read it if you have a poor network connection, b. you can go back to look at old posts based on notifications.

Then I'm probably going to add the ability to view facebook user profiles.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    PS, I don't think I will be able to do anything _using_ the existing upload to facebook or to add integration to the photos app.

I can let you browse the photos on the phone and upload them with a caption, but not from the photos app.
    I'm working on a rewrite of the way a retrieve and store data locally on the phone.

I'm going to use an API which I believe is more stable (thus less likely for facebook to break it) and cache everything on the phone so that a. you can read it if you have a poor network connection, b. you can go back to look at old posts based on notifications.

Then I'm probably going to add the ability to view facebook user profiles.
    Awesome, sounds great! Thanks for all your work man!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    looks like 0.1.6 is up on the app catalog now.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    On second thought, given what x.facebook.com can do, I think I'll stop working on the caching and profiles and do photo uploading/tagging first.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    On second thought, given what x.facebook.com can do, I think I'll stop working on the caching and profiles and do photo uploading/tagging first.
    I am very much a "use one thing for all tasks" type of user when it comes to this sort of thing... so I cannot wait for FriendsFlow to allow profile access. I don't want to go to x.facebook.com for that, haha. x.facebook.com is still annoying because it only shows standard web posts/feed stuff.

Anyway... as long as profiles (and poking, lol) are still planned features for the not too too distant oblivion, I still intend to buy FF as soon as you have a way for me to just have the beta app installed and not the stable as well.

Thanks for the effort!
    Grepper,

I think adding the ability to upload photos would be a huge improvement. That will be something that x.facebook.com doesn't have and more people would want to buy your app.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Still not sure how I feel about having the full app name spelled out... thoughts?

Edit: I'd make that circle in the background more transparent... just darkened it up a little for easy visibility on the forum.

Edit2: Man... I really just think the name of this app is too long to have on the icon. :-P
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Wow; this app is getting slammed in the app store due to the facebook bug that grepper's already fixed

Guys - support Grepper.. He's a great developer, and has listened and fixed our gripes in a much timelier manner then can be expected from a developer. I've bought and rated this 5 stars.. If you like his work, do him a favor and do the same! (right now the app has only 2 stars based on 100+ reviews, mainly due to the bug that he fixed yesterday)

-mark
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    What I'm most surprised by is that people keep getting upset that the current beta version is further along than the released version...

That's how software works. Windows 7 beta has later code than windows 7 too.

I understand that people were upset that it didn't work. I would encourage you all to submit reviews based on your experience with the program (which I hope had been good or you wouldn't be here, but you should be honest)
    Dumb question but when are you charged for this app?..I installed it via preware and have been using it for weeks and was never prompted to pay anything. Does it show up on my sprint bill lol
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2tha View Post
    Dumb question but when are you charged for this app?..I installed it via preware and have been using it for weeks and was never prompted to pay anything. Does it show up on my sprint bill lol
    You need to buy it through the app catalog.

For a few days I required you to have the paid version installed to use the beta. I stopped requiring that after I pulled the paid version off the store until they put up the fixed version but I'm going to start doing that again... about now.