Page 67 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2357
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I dont mean to be rude be ...if you are complaining about friendsflow then dont use it!!! I think Grepper is improving everyday to keep friendsflow working perfect and i dont think is fair come and complain about 2 dollars!!! come on!!!
    It wasn't a complaint towards grepper, "be" or "gee" or "ekg" or whatever! Like I said, the $2 (justified by my past use) and still using the beta allows me to give feedback, as in allowing us to view profiles and inbox! That's what the forum is for! I'm allowed to have an opinion!

My complaint was about the situation I was in about the 'x' site update! BTW-Still a great job, grepper! I look forward to more updates!
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I asked palm to take it down because the facebook broke the version they were selling and they couldn't update it quickly.

I guess I'll allow people to use the beta version in the mean time.
    Thanks Grepper; not having it for a while only reminded me how happy I will be to give you money for FriendsFlow when the problem is cleared up. Good luck and get some sleep!
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    I'm a little disappointed that I paid for this app the day before x.facebook.com got an update! Now, FriendsFlow seems to lack compared to the new smart device site. I still use FriendsFlow due to the fact that the feed shows more posts on one page, but the mobile site still allows you to view your Inbox and profiles! At least it was only $2 and I can just look at it as paying for the past use of FriendsFlow! Themes don't really interest me. Paying for the app also allows for me to give feedback since I use the beta version!

I did notice that the more rounded and framed theme has a bit of a problem. If the name of the person is long and comes down to a second line it overlaps the post time. Also, video pics extend past the frame and off the page.
    Yeh i had a friend who was about to buy the app, but i alerted him of the x.facebook.com update, and he gave me the 2 bucks instead lol!!! like x.facebook.com new update just added whats friendsflow does that x.facebook.com previously couldnt do, for free......
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    The description for FriendsFlow is no longer accurate due to the 'x' site update!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    The description for FriendsFlow is no longer accurate due to the 'x' site update!
    Oh. Yeah. I'm really excited about that. (sarcasm)

Its nice how that happened RIGHT after my app came out, right?

Just think, facebook probably had that in their back pocket for months but waited until now just screw with you...

They don't poll or have notifications or have themes though.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Oh. Yeah. I'm really excited about that. (sarcasm)

Its nice how that happened RIGHT after my app came out, right?

Just think, facebook probably had that in their back pocket for months but waited until now just screw with you...

They don't poll or have notifications or have themes though.
    And it's more confusing. And slow. And doesn't work as well in places with sketchy data (like on the subway).

I took a peek at the new x.facebook.com, and immediately went back to FF.
    Also, x.facebook.com is blocked by my corporate firewall (I use wifi at work because of poor EV signal) but FF works fine. Not sure what server FF goes through to mask facebook.com from our firewall but glad that it does it.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    The x page is seems to lag and it doesn't show every post. Also it doesn't alert you when a new post is up. Still FF for me.
    Love the app! Bought it for my wife and me.

The BIG request we both have is being able to upload photos and attach a caption to them. Ideally it could integrate with the Pre's photo viewer app to upload a photo (like the built in Pre stuff does now) but then prompt for a caption after it uploads.
    x.facebook.com does have notifications!!!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    x.facebook.com does have notifications!!!
    Palm notifications (the ones that show up at the bottom of the screen) or facebook notifications?

I meant palm notifications.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tangozebra View Post

The BIG request we both have is being able to upload photos and attach a caption to them. Ideally it could integrate with the Pre's photo viewer app to upload a photo (like the built in Pre stuff does now) but then prompt for a caption after it uploads.
    vote for the feature here:
    Upload photos

And/or post a comment to clarify how you'd like it to work.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tangozebra View Post

While you're waiting, here's what I do: I created a contact called "Facebook Photo" that points to my Facebook "secret" e-mail address (you can get this by logging into Facebook). Then, when I want to send a picture, I simply use the Pre's e-mail feature in the Photos app. The title of the e-mail message is the caption.

Works well. I have no idea why the built-in Facebook upload doesn't allow for captions, but oh well.

I assume (wrongly, perhaps) that a FF photo feature would work in reverse. In other words, instead of going into the Photo app and saying "Send," you'd go into FF and say "Upload photo," which would then kick you over to the photo app to pick one, then come back and let you add the caption before sending. (Evernote Pre does this, although it actually uses e-mail anyway, to send).

To me, being able to start in the photo app makes more sense (since I'm most likely already there because I just took the picture), but I can how it might be nice to be able to start from FF.

Or is the idea to add "FF" to the Photo App's "Send" menu?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I believe that if you start up the BETA version once after you have the PAID version installed, my server will remember that your facebook id is authorized and you can then remove the paid version.

I wouldn't do that right now though since you can't redownload the paid version until palm puts up the fixed version.
    grepper,

I have noticed on the Beta version that if the user name wraps to a second line or the message is sent from one person to another (usually two lines)....the second line and the date and time are overlapping each other.

Date doesn't move down for that second line like it should. I can give you a screenshot if you want.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.17:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.17_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.17_all.ipk)
    * If you had previous settings which did not include a theme, a default theme is selected for you
    * Fixed post view in simpleblue theme
    * Tweeked default theme such that long names aren't a problem. Also shows off how themes can really change things
    * Must have paid version installed, be on whitelist, or be in canada.

Let me know what you think of the changes in the themes.

What new themes would you like? I'm thinking a really compact one for people with good eyes and a really big one for people who want to watch their status updates from a distance.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.17:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.17_all.ipk
    * If you had previous settings which did not include a theme, a default theme is selected for you
    * Tweeked default theme such that long names aren't a problem. Also shows off how themes can really change things

What new themes would you like? I'm thinking a really compact one for people with good eyes and a really big one for people who want to watch their status updates from a distance.
    The kind of theme I want is a dark black theme, you know, so I don't get blinded at night and stuff...
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    The kind of theme I want is a dark black theme, you know, so I don't get blinded at night and stuff...
    Should it be based on the "classic" simple theme, or the new rounded theme?
    Version 0.1.17:
    [url]

hey grepper..one of the themes is really choppy when scrolling while the other is nice and smooth
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey grepper..one of the themes is really choppy when scrolling while the other is nice and smooth
    Yep. The curviness does that.

I'm going to try to actaully load fewer posts onto the screen once I'm caching them all on the pre, which will hopefully speed things up.