Page 66 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2357
  1. #1301  
    * Can now select a theme (only two right now. One is the new theme and the other is similar to the old theme)

    The modified version of the older theme sure does scroll smoother! I'd like the newer version if it didn't make scrolling so choppy.. Thanks for the constant updates

    PS - I gave you a 5star review on the app catalog.
  2. dw8928's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #1302  
    Can the update be loaded to the App Catalog so I can update my paid app?
  3. flare576's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #1303  
    Quote Originally Posted by dw8928 View Post
    Can the update be loaded to the App Catalog so I can update my paid app?
    The updates he's doing right now are beta updates: tests and features that aren't ready for prime-time yet. If you read up a bit, he's working on a system where you won't need to have both if you don't want them, but for now you'll have to cope with having 2 apps installed if you want to test the latest-and-greatest, or you can just use the official one until a new version is tested and working to grepper's satisfaction

    Grepper, if you read this, I seriously hold my breath every time I update, hoping for true background notification ::EDIT:: I should say, Headless notifications. Also, your notificaiton area system needs a little work: the graphic for "expanded" mode looks like it's the same as the small one but with white(?) under it, and tapping it does nothing initially (you have to wait for the small note to go away, then expand the notifications area, then tap).
    Last edited by flare576; 10/07/2009 at 06:38 PM.
  4. dw8928's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #1304  
    I dont have two versions. There is only one version through the paid app store.
  5. flare576's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #1305  
    Quote Originally Posted by dw8928 View Post
    I dont have two versions. There is only one version through the paid app store.
    Heh, that's what I'm saying If you want to be part of beta testing (and try new features before they're officially released), you'll need to download the beta. It's available Via PreWare or WebOS Quick Install. If you don't know what those two things are, you might want to consider starting here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...s-section.html
  6. #1306  
    they took out FF from the catalog...y?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  7. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1307  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    PS - I gave you a 5star review on the app catalog.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by dw8928 View Post
    Can the update be loaded to the App Catalog so I can update my paid app?
    I gave palm a fixed version of the app at 6am CST this morning. I woke up at 4am and couldn't sleep because of this.

    I believe Palm is having technical issues with their portal which is what is preventing them from updating it. Hopefully they will update it early tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by flare576 View Post

    Grepper, if you read this, I seriously hold my breath every time I update, hoping for true background notification ::EDIT:: I should say, Headless notifications. Also, your notificaiton area system needs a little work: the graphic for "expanded" mode looks like it's the same as the small one but with white(?) under it, and tapping it does nothing initially (you have to wait for the small note to go away, then expand the notifications area, then tap).
    I am 99% sure that will be in the next official release. My current game plan is:
    1. Redesign the way visual stuff works (eg themes -- almost done)
    2. Redesign the way data is downloaded (in the background and stored in a local db)
    3. Do some other tweeks, including how things work in the background. 2 is a prerequisite to this.

    Quote Originally Posted by dw8928 View Post
    I dont have two versions. There is only one version through the paid app store.
    The paid app is currently broken and palm hasn't updated it to the latest version I gave them. If you want it to work you need to also have the beta version.




    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    they took out FF from the catalog...y?
    I asked them to do so. I don't want people buying a broken app. That just makes people unhappy. They will put it back up when they can put up the newer (working) version.
  8. Habidabad's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #1308  
    I'm a little disappointed that I paid for this app the day before x.facebook.com got an update! Now, FriendsFlow seems to lack compared to the new smart device site. I still use FriendsFlow due to the fact that the feed shows more posts on one page, but the mobile site still allows you to view your Inbox and profiles! At least it was only $2 and I can just look at it as paying for the past use of FriendsFlow! Themes don't really interest me. Paying for the app also allows for me to give feedback since I use the beta version!

    I did notice that the more rounded and framed theme has a bit of a problem. If the name of the person is long and comes down to a second line it overlaps the post time. Also, video pics extend past the frame and off the page.
    Last edited by Habidabad; 10/07/2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: added real feedback to my opinion
  9. #1309  
    Is it possible that when you click on a link in the Notications page, for example, when clicking on your status, that it can take you to the page in the App, or if not, take you to x.facebook.com instead of m.facebook.com?
  10. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1310  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    Is it possible that when you click on a link in the Notications page, for example, when clicking on your status, that it can take you to the page in the App, or if not, take you to x.facebook.com instead of m.facebook.com?
    I understand that there are 66 pages before this...
    I understand that there are 66 pages before this...
    I understand that there are 66 pages before this...

    Yes. I intend to make it go to the page in the app in the next version.

    (this question has been asked every few pages)
  11. #1311  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    I'm a little disappointed that I paid for this app the day before x.facebook.com got an update! Now, FriendsFlow seems to lack compared to the new smart device site. I still use FriendsFlow due to the fact that the feed shows more posts on one page, but the mobile site still allows you to view your Inbox and profiles! At least it was only $2 and I can just look at it as paying for the past use of FriendsFlow! Themes don't really interest me. Paying for the app also allows for me to give feedback since I use the beta version!

    I did notice that the more rounded and framed theme has a bit of a problem. If the name of the person is long and comes down to a second line it overlaps the post time. Also, video pics extend past the frame and off the page.

    I dont mean to be rude be ...if you are complaining about friendsflow then dont use it!!! I think Grepper is improving everyday to keep friendsflow working perfect and i dont think is fair come and complain about 2 dollars!!! come on!!!
  12. #1312  
    A bit of help, please. I downloaded the beta version a couple of nights ago and was able to use it that night. Liked it. Now it doesn't work, I get a message that the paid app is available and the beta will only work if you opt for the paid. Two part question - I don't see the paid version on the app store yet, is it available? I'd like to delete the beta, but when I swipe it away on the app list I get a message that it can't be deleted....any ideas?

    thanks!!
  13. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1313  
    Quote Originally Posted by d1willis View Post
    A bit of help, please. I downloaded the beta version a couple of nights ago and was able to use it that night. Liked it. Now it doesn't work, I get a message that the paid app is available and the beta will only work if you opt for the paid. Two part question - I don't see the paid version on the app store yet, is it available? I'd like to delete the beta, but when I swipe it away on the app list I get a message that it can't be deleted....any ideas?

    thanks!!
    I asked palm to take it down because the facebook broke the version they were selling and they couldn't update it quickly.

    I guess I'll allow people to use the beta version in the mean time.
  14. #1314  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I asked palm to take it down because the facebook broke the version they were selling and they couldn't update it quickly.

    I guess I'll allow people to use the beta version in the mean time.
    I hope because they completely removed it from the catalog doesn't mean that those of us who purchased it aren't on record to re-download it after the fixed version goes back up. I'd assume they wouldn't do something so stupid..
  15. bdGDL08's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    #1315  
    So why would both of mine be working and others' not?
  16. #1316  
    This is the only app I've paid for. IMO well worth the $2 for the convenience
  17. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1317  
    Version 0.1.16:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.16_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.16_all.ipk)
    * Can now load theme from a url
    * Must have paid version installed, be on whitelist, or be in canada.

    You can now go to the "Change Theme" page and select "Custom Theme" and type in a url.
    One example url is http://friendsflow.com/pinksimple.css

    If you want to try to make a theme, take a look at http : / / friendsflow.com/pinksimple.css for an example css file and http : / / friendsflow.com/tmp/viewstream.php for an example of what the html looks like now.

    I'm not guaranteeing that I won't change the HTML at all, but I'll try to avoid it.
  18. #1318  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Version 0.1.16:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.16_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.16_all.ipk)
    * Can now load theme from a url
    * Must have paid version installed, be on whitelist, or be in canada.

    You can now go to the "Change Theme" page and select "Custom Theme" and type in a url.
    One example url is http://friendsflow.com/pinksimple.css

    If you want to try to make a theme, take a look at http : / / friendsflow.com/pinksimple.css for an example css file and http : / / friendsflow.com/tmp/viewstream.php for an example of what the html looks like now.

    I'm not guaranteeing that I won't change the HTML at all, but I'll try to avoid it.
    and for the people who dont know the color codes !
  19. #1319  
    Alright, lets get some theme URL's posted here fellas
  20. #1320  
    Ever since they did this last update I haven't been able to use this app. It won't let me access it. I've tried to find where to purchase it and couldn't find it...any suggestions cuz I'm very disapointed I can't use this app.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions