Page 65 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2357
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    I would probably buy this in the catalog IF I COULD. It seems that I can't install anything from the app catalog but only preware / WOSQI. The dreaded space / application installation limitation. One of these days I'll have to solve that on my phone.

With that said, does the above say that I can't get the fix unless I have the paid version?
    You can't use it at all unless you get the paid version. That was the plan before this bug.

I believe there is a work around where you can move your applications to some other partition. see http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1919593

Also, if you forward your receipt from palm and your facebook username and/or id I'll add you to the whitelist and you can continue to use the betas. The paid version doesn't have to actually install that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Yea, now you're stuck just like I am. I just was in Preware, updated to the most recent version of FF and so of course I can't use it now, and I can't download it from the official app catalog.

Grepper, if we donate ($1.99) can you still get us access?
    I believe that's not allowed under palm's license. They have an exclusive right to distribute (for a fee)

Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if you are going to change your screenshots in the app gallery to the latest version? I think this would let other users see what progress you made.
    That's a good idea. Not as high a priority as some other things, but still a good idea.
    piti I can't buy it till Palm fixes the Not enough memory bug... Keep up the good work
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    piti I can't buy it till Palm fixes the Not enough memory bug... Keep up the good work
    See here for tips about how to get around that problem
    http://www.precentral.net/why-you-ke...out-space-apps
    I saw that Facebook updated their x.facebook.com mobile site to include the ability to comment and like comments. I tested this out and noticed that FriendsFlow shows more updates in my feed than the x.facebook.com site. I will definitely keep using FriendsFlow because of this.

Does anyone know why the x.facebook.com doesn't show some people's updates in the feed?
    hey grepper, I have been using your app since inception, and i love it. Last night i attempted to purchase it and am greeted with a success and white screen.. I did today's update which was suppose to fix the issue but it still doesn't work. am I doing something wrong? please help I cannot be without my friends flow.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    You can't use it at all unless you get the paid version. That was the plan before this bug.

I believe there is a work around where you can move your applications to some other partition. see http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1919593

Also, if you forward your receipt from palm and your facebook username and/or id I'll add you to the whitelist and you can continue to use the betas. The paid version doesn't have to actually install that way.

I believe that's not allowed under palm's license. They have an exclusive right to distribute (for a fee)
    For those that do not have root access to the Pre, but only have installed the homebrew apps, and can no longer install from the app catalog there is no solution currently.

As for distributing for a fee outside of the catalog, that IS allowed according to the new guidelines distributed by Palm a couple days ago. As a registered developer I got an email. In that email it mentions the following.

To enjoy the full capabilities of our program, you can self-certify that your app meets the Palm User Interface Guidelines and Palm Application Content Criteria and receive a unique URL to start promoting the app online within hours. You can use this URL in any of your existing online marketing assets, and you can begin selling these applications immediately, without review by Palm. With this URL, you can create or use existing marketing channels such as your email list, blog, SEOSEOSEO, $and$ $more$. $These$ $links$ $will$ $provide$ $the$ $ability$ $for$ $users$ $to$ $authenticate$ $and$ $instantly$ $receive$ $applications$ $directly$ $to$ $their$ $devices$ $using$ $Palm$$s$ $over$-$the$-$air$ $distribution$ $mechanism$.
    What is not known is if the URL link they give you that allows you to distribute OTA outside of the catalog will allow an install like homebrew installs and not be tied to the limit that the catalog is.

Either way, I don't think I can buy an app from Palm and get a receipt if it fails to install because of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    hey grepper, I have been using your app since inception, and i love it. Last night i attempted to purchase it and am greeted with a success and white screen.. I did today's update which was suppose to fix the issue but it still doesn't work. am I doing something wrong? please help I cannot be without my friends flow.
    I'm having the exact same issue with the paid app. The beta app works fine though.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue with the paid app. The beta app works fine though.
    thought i was only me.. but i see a discrepancy... The beta version is higher than the paid app... so i guess we have to wait for Palm to release the update.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post

That's a good idea. Not as high a priority as some other things, but still a good idea.
    grepper, can you make sure I am on your white list so I can continue to user your beta. Beta is working for me right now...paid app isn't.

I still like and will use your app even with the x.facebook.com improvements. I bought it even after finding out this info!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    thought i was only me.. but i see a discrepancy... The beta version is higher than the paid app... so i guess we have to wait for Palm to release the update.
    I might be wrong, but I believe if you have the paid app installed, you can then install the "Beta" version from homebrew and you will have the latest working version.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    I might be wrong, but I believe if you have the paid app installed, you can then install the "Beta" version from homebrew and you will have the latest working version.
    That's the way it works for me. I just bought the app. Paid app doesn't work. Beta app works. Beta app quit working today and didn't work till I paid for bought app.

Hopefully it will continue that way in the future since Palm is slow with their updates.
    Ok guys, I was wanting to buy the app from the catalog but I see some are having problems. I've always used FFlow from the beginning from the Homebrew section using filecoaster. As of last night ver.1.13 and also, today's version 1.14, I cant use either.

Since I've been using them in beta from homebrew, will I run into the same problem of not being able to use it if I buy the app from the catalog?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I saw that Facebook updated their x.facebook.com mobile site to include the ability to comment and like comments. I tested this out and noticed that FriendsFlow shows more updates in my feed than the x.facebook.com site. I will definitely keep using FriendsFlow because of this.

Does anyone know why the x.facebook.com doesn't show some people's updates in the feed?
    x.facebook.com currently excludes posts from mobile apps (like the iphone app) and in-site apps like LivingSocial, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Ok guys, I was wanting to buy the app from the catalog but I see some are having problems. I've always used FFlow from the beginning from the Homebrew section using filecoaster. As of last night ver.1.13 and also, today's version 1.14, I cant use either.

Since I've been using them in beta from homebrew, will I run into the same problem of not being able to use it if I buy the app from the catalog?
    See my post above.

Buy the paid app...beta will start working for you again. Just did this.

http://forums.precentral.net/1958439-post1292.html
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    x.facebook.com currently excludes posts from mobile apps (like the iphone app) and in-site apps like LivingSocial, etc.
    Oh I gotcha. Thanks for informing me of that. Seems like a lot of people are complaining about that, but you're the first one that has been able to give an explanation.
    am i noticing that ppl that bought the app the day after it came out in the app catalog are experiencing issues....bc i bought it right when it actually came out that night and i got no problems with the paid and beta app
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I'm sure it is user error, however please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

had the free version, signed in today to a message about pay apps etc..etc... thought ok 2 bucks it's worth it.

installed from official app store latest version, received success error.
    rebooted after uninstalling homebrew version, same error.

removed both, rebooted then installed app store version, same success error.

downloaded ipk from here then installed app version now is working, do i really have to have 2 versions installed?
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yeah, you currently have to have both apps installed to authorize the beta. grepper mentioned this a few pages ago, and that he's working on addressing that.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.15:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.15_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.15_all.ipk)
    * Can now select a theme (only two right now. One is the new theme and the other is similar to the old theme)
    * Must have paid version installed, be on whitelist, or be in canada.

Next up: adding the ability to put a custom url for the theme. That way anyone can create a theme (using css) and just hand out the url, I'll put up details about the css file later.
    Also on the front burner: making a database of people who have ever been authenticated as paid users. These users will not need to have the paid app installed to use the beta.