Page 63 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2357
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Hey grepper, I got tied up earlier and didn't respond but once you get your system setup to allow purchasers to use the beta without having both versions installed I will buy a copy. Until then I will just suffer through the regular site. :-P

Really looking forward to the following: Profile/wall access & pokes/poking (lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
    grepper, I've sent you a pm with regards to 0.1.12 if you can reply to my pm I would appreciate it. if you want to reply here too, you can as well. thanks!
    Its not the App I think Facebook was off line for a bit.
    Here is an idea for the icon. Facebook's logo is just real simple and recognizable. The color is a few shades off and the font is a default Windows Font (Arial Bold Rounded). It is close to the Facebook F but doesn't quiet match-up. It looks similar to a Facebook icon so people would see that and automatically think it's a Facebook app. When they hear friends flow it could be anything.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I think PhantomPhreak has something. His logo is clean, simple and recognizable. Kudos!
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I like the idea of PhantomPhreak's, but what about simpler and more rounded (my fave webOS icons so far are the rounded ones). Plus, many have that transparent circle, so I included that too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    who cares about the icon as long as the app is good
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I was picturing PhantomPhreak's logo, but with rounded corners. I like the Friends Flow spelled out, but I like your font better DrSuSE.
    im having the same problem with the "success" screen. Hope something changes.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    You're right that the icon really shouldn't matter-- except it does. It really is all part of the user experience and it can color your expectations of the app before you even use it--- for good or bad. I enjoy seeing slick or attractive or even witty icons in my launcher. Sounds stupid, but it's true for me and I'm sure lots of other people based on comments on this thread and reviews in the app catalog
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    im having the same problem with the "success" screen. Hope something changes.
    It happened to me so I did what was probably the unthinkable. I launched Preware and downloaded whatever showed up in homebrew. Thus, my paid app is stuck on the success screen, but the homebrewed beta works.
    I purchased the app from the catalog but cant get the beta version which i like better to work just hangs on success after several retrys!??
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atom00 View Post
    You're right that the icon really shouldn't matter-- except it does. It really is all part of the user experience and it can color your expectations of the app before you even use it--- for good or bad. I enjoy seeing slick or attractive or even witty icons in my launcher. Sounds stupid, but it's true for me and I'm sure lots of other people based on comments on this thread and reviews in the app catalog
    I agree, it shouldn't be a big deal. But I'll be honest, I would use an app less if the icon looked bad or not inviting. I know, that is insane and I'm contributing to idiocy, however, the icon is what invites you into the app. It also is shown in the App store, might as well have a great looking icon to attract customers.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHonkey View Post
    I purchased the app from the catalog but cant get the beta version which i like better to work just hangs on success after several retrys!??
    Same deal here. I get an error that says the Beta is only for those who purchased the app catalog version. Which of course I did. I guess we will have to use the app catalog version until Grepper gets it fixed.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Both my paid and beta versions are working. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    Both my paid and beta versions are working. Good luck!
    Mine are both working fine as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I'm looking into it. It looks like facebook changed something. Facebook is really fracking annoying sometimes.
    Same problem here. I was happy to pay for the app because I use it so much, but now I've paid and have nothing.
    both apps are working for me..paid and beta
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'm having the same "success" problem. I removed the beta version to purchase the new one (figured it was time to pay since it's the most used app on my phone). I then purchased the new one and have not been able to login. I tried reinstalling the beta version and that too has the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by atom00 View Post
    same here. I think a more attractive icon feels more inviting. Plus, remember, there will be an official facebook app. So this app needs to stand out. Grepper has worked hard giving us a solution to a missing app that we all wanted, I'd hate for his work to fade away. So many imitation apps are on the iphone, and honestly, it would be nice if they made things special about them, gave them a whole new refreshed look while leaving some familiarity. I think greppers app will do well it it stands out a bit. I'm going to work hard at some design ideas to really give this a look that will work well and give it the BAM not even the real facebook app has. And people are going to need to see a simple yet sleek icon to look deeper. I origonally thought the same way (simple with vig and little F) but then spruced it up because its friends flow. I kinda wanted it to be friendsflow a new way to facebook, rather then friendsflow, a facebook client. could be a while before I'm done though.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I have found the problem. Facebook changed how something worked. I believe I have a fix which I will submit to palm later today. It will also be available as an update to the latest beta version which you can download and install as soon as I post it. Let me know if you'd like to be notified when I release it.

I certainly apologize. This clearly is not how I wanted the app to launch. Unfortunately no amount of beta testing would have prevented the error because facebook didn't make the change until yesterday evening.