Page 62 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2357
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I have seen quite a few complaints about the price of this app between the app catalog itself, this thread, and plenty of other threads complaining about app pricing. The things is, is that it is, is that there are two sides. Your side, which is that you have worked tremendously hard trying to make up for the lack of a facebook app, and the people side which argues that features and design are just not worth their money.

At this point, there is no alternative, however, soon enough there will be a native app from palm which will be free most likely. With all the hard work you have done, I would not want to see you go down when this app comes out. With that said I have some ideas to vamp this up.

Features

- better organization with future homescreen with icons for sections
    - intuitive design
    - pic section for managing albums (if possible)
    - profiles
    - mail
    - upload pics
    - write on others walls, comment on their walls back and forth, and like
    - upload pictures to status, wall comments etc (if possible)
    - in future, future, make some of the popular flash games more integrated into the app (if possible, maybe through seperate app download?)
    - true notifications (mojo design) which will run in the background and notify of desired types of notifications.
    - notes
    - personal profile managment
    - requests

I wouldn't worry too much about the events or chat just yet, both of those seem like intagrateble features for palm later. (i know facebook events are in the calendar now, but not sure if you can create or edit them on the pre yet, but maybe later)

This sounds like a full facebook app yes? Even if an offical solution comes out, it could be a while before it matches these features. furthermore, the design could really make a big difference here as well.

thus I have done a few mock ups for you, a new icon, and the page you have now basically (notifications in future design could be on the homescreen.) They are NOT finished, or even close to being complete looking. (stuff isn't even aligned, and one of the dividers got messed up lol) but i don't have enough time to really work at it. (took about 3 hours to come up with a design and mock it up for this) the icon is what I really concentrated on since it's the first change you can make

I know this would probably take a lot of time, but you could probably charge 5 dollars for a full facebook app with a good design and smooth functionality.Attachment 33710

I really think you did a lot of work, and I don't want to see it go to waste in the future. I'd rather see you get gratitude and notation even after the official one comes out. (though some of us already do really appreciate it!) It just needs a few things thats all! Hope this helps
    Those look great. I would love to make a theme, etc based on those. I would love to see future versions. Obviously, you own the copyright to those now. We'll have to talk about rights and price.

I intend to add most if not all of those features in the near future.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    btw for the record, don't care for the new borders - waste of screen real-estate IMHO.. Maybe make that optional? Along with an option to change text size?

Keep up the great work,
    -mark
    Absolutely, I just have to code the ability to pick a theme and something similar to the old theme will be an option. (Probably will keep the icons for comments and likes)
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Grepper - Can I delete the actual app (from app store) if I want to just use the beta? (don't like having two icons..)

-m
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Grepper - Can I delete the actual app (from app store) if I want to just use the beta? (don't like having two icons..)

-m
    I plan to add that to the backend soon, but no. As of now, you need to have the paid app installed to authorize the beta.
    hey grepper ... What a great app just bought it I ve been following friendsflow since you start bro but I'll like to use the beta version too ... How am I suppose to do?? Thanx man!
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    hey grepper ... What a great app just bought it I ve been following friendsflow since you start bro but I'll like to use the beta version too ... How am I suppose to do?? Thanx man!
    I had to delete the beta, and then re-download it from preware for it to work for me.

I don't know if there is a simpler way to get it to work.
    hey thanks for the app. i think its totaly worth the 1.99. why is the paid app so much faster than the beta? its just smoother and more responsive.
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    I had to delete the beta, and then re-download it from preware for it to work for me.

I don't know if there is a simpler way to get it to work.
    thanks bro but I just found it when you purchase the app from the catalag the beta just installed next to the app bought it!!! Very cool thanks grepper
    first of all its not right for people to be so rude to us who believe we were duped into having to pay for a app we had for free. Just yesterday homebrew said app had not been accepted into catalog. It did not say update so you have to buy it from palm. Developer you were even rude. Like wow
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    hey thanks for the app. i think its totaly worth the 1.99. why is the paid app so much faster than the beta? its just smoother and more responsive.
    Because the paid app doesn't introduce the new theme yet, and that new theme really slow's down the scrolling speed... He'll soon make it optional to choose between which you like better.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshinesue2007 View Post
    first of all its not right for people to be so rude to us who believe we were duped into having to pay for a app we had for free. Just yesterday homebrew said app had not been accepted into catalog. It did not say update so you have to buy it from palm. Developer you were even rude. Like wow
    WHAT!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Because the paid app doesn't introduce the new theme yet, and that new theme really slow's down the scrolling speed... He'll soon make it optional to choose between which you like better.
    i figured that just wasn't sure thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Those look great. I would love to make a theme, etc based on those. I would love to see future versions. Obviously, you own the copyright to those now. We'll have to talk about rights and price.

I intend to add most if not all of those features in the near future.
    Glad you like and glad to hear

I really want this app to shine because it's one of the most potential apps for EVERYONE to want to download, and the better it looks, smoother it runs, and more feature packed it is, the better you and the app do in the future.

I will warn you I don't code, so if you do want this them, i will need a bit of help knowing what to give you as far as image files and such. I am just barely dabbing into themes. (working on a few themes I will release in a few months including transformers, star wars, windows mobile 7, and a bunch of custom ones.) Working with themes has helped me understand how image files work though so it should help send me a pm and maybe we can work together on design? I'll make some mocks of the homescreen when i get a chance...

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    oh one question also (to anyone) can you add fonts to apps? I think I have seen it before in a few apps, but not sure.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    congratulations on getting your app into the catalog, grepper. You've got my $2
    wow, i was reading through this thread and couldn't believe some of the people complaining about spending a couple bucks for an app. If you think it's so unfair than i suggest you learn how to code and go spend the enormous time this guy has invested and make your own app. As for me this app works great and I will gladly pay the two dollars.
    No. What you are talking about is not beta testing. Beta testing means that you give the developer feedback not just that you get to use the app for free. Part of what you are buying is the ability to use it before Palm comes out with their version in several months. I am going to try to automate authorizing paid customers, but either way people who do not pay (in the US) will not be able to use the app by this evening.
    I think you misunderstood. I beta test all sorts of software and to date have never had to pay to be a beta tester. I was trying to find out if you had a structured beta test where beta testers get the app for free in exchange for their services as beta testers testing and answering questions in a structured beta test. I'm assuming on the other hand you are wanting people who buy the app to volunteer to use the beta and hope they give quality feedback etc to fix and improve the app. There is nothing wrong with the latter method I was only trying to ascertain what method you were using. I was in no way looking for a handout, after all the price is reasonable for what it offers right now it is just that what it offers right now doesn't meet what I want to be able to do.

I may very well buy it in the near future but for now I'll follow updates. With that in mind is there or will there be a source for screenshots and feature update details that I can monitor as the app progresses? I am going to provide feedback and feature suggestions based on what the versions were like prior to being added to the app catalog but I didn't get a chance to do a detailed go through of the last version before it was in the app catalog. I can also provide feedback on feature additions and visual things from screenshots until such time I buy the app. For now in the latest form I was able to use to evaluate for feedback and suggestions I wouldn't use enough to buy at this time. I budget my money down to the dollar when money is tight and money is tight right now or I wouldn't even stop to think about buying it.

At some point, future versions will keep track of whether you have read comments. I may allow you to sort by latest update. If you have a suggestion, please submit it to: All topics for FriendsFlow
    I will utilize that to provide feedback and suggestions. And I look forward to seeing how the app progresses.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I just paid for the app and keep getting stuck at the success screen, after filling in my FB info. I let it sit there for a few minutes and the screen just stayed white with "Success".

I closed the app relaunched, and it makes me re-register with my FB info then gets stuck at the same screen again?

What should I do?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    grepper, I've sent you a pm with regards to 0.1.12 if you can reply to my pm I would appreciate it. if you want to reply here too, you can as well. thanks!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyjay View Post
    I just paid for the app and keep getting stuck at the success screen, after filling in my FB info. I let it sit there for a few minutes and the screen just stayed white with "Success".

I closed the app relaunched, and it makes me re-register with my FB info then gets stuck at the same screen again?

What should I do?
    I'm looking into it. It looks like facebook changed something. Facebook is really fracking annoying sometimes.