Page 61 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2357
    Lol, nevermind. Had them mixed up somehow. Thought your beta was the latest version and not older than the (older purchased version). :P
    Every once in a while, the date will overlap the name in the UI. Not sure how this is happening nor do I know how to duplicate the problem but I'll post a screenshot once I see it again. I've seen it 3 times today. I'll post back soon.......

*edit: It happens when the name is too long in the Facebook UI.

friendsflowbeta_2009-06-10_152909.png
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Every once in a while, the date will overlap the name in the UI. Not sure how this is happening nor do I know how to duplicate the problem but I'll post a screenshot once I see it again. I've seen it 3 times today. I'll post back soon.......
    That happens if the name is too long (or it is a wall post and the combined name is too long)

I need to make the boxes scale properly. My layout method isn't going to work. Need to rethink that.
    I have no problem paying and already did but it keeps saying that it has a error installing?? I made sure there's space but still no luck?? It did take my payment tho?? anyone have any suggestions??
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manding0 View Post
    I have no problem paying and already did but it keeps saying that it has a error installing?? I made sure there's space but still no luck?? It did take my payment tho?? anyone have any suggestions??
    E-mail me (info@friendsflow.com) your facebook id number. I'll take your word for it that you paid

Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    remove this **** if its not free here anymore
    If precentral requests that I move discussion elsewhere I will do that.

I thought that since this is the place on the net where people seem to congregate to discuss WebOS apps, this would still be a good place for this discussion. There's no need to be hostile.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    If precentral requests that I move discussion elsewhere I will do that.

I thought that since this is the place on the net where people seem to congregate to discuss WebOS apps, this would still be a good place for this discussion. There's no need to be hostile.
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I used FriendsFlow all throughout the Beta and liked it. Now it gives me the message that I need to buy the paid app. I have no problem with this but I can't buy it... Every time I click to download it from the App Catalog I get a server Error PMT01002. Any idea what that's about??
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Ok, so I purchased the app. I love it and I'm looking forward to future improvements. Now I am running the beta (0.1.13) and the paid app (0.1.4).

Which one is more up to date? Which one should i be running if I want all the latest improvements? I assume I should be running the beta, is that right?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubaruba View Post
    Ok, so I purchased the app. I love it and I'm looking forward to future improvements. Now I am running the beta (0.1.13) and the paid app (0.1.4).

Which one is more up to date? Which one should i be running if I want all the latest improvements? I assume I should be running the beta, is that right?
    Yep, the beta will ALWAYS be newer.

It took me more than a month to get palm to accept my app. I assume (hope) updates will make it into the store faster, but the updates will be based on the betas, so while palm reviews my submission the beta will probably advance past it.
    I think that its kinda rude to just set the homebrew version to dead weight not even a pinch of this soon will be no longer working all it was a cut off since I used it about a hour ago and now its nothing. Think you better remove the app download from the homebrew listing cuz it just wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by flowmastr1x View Post
    I think that its kinda rude to just set the homebrew version to dead weight not even a pinch of this soon will be no longer working all it was a cut off since I used it about a hour ago and now its nothing. Think you better remove the app download from the homebrew listing cuz it just wrong
    Good grief, why are you all being such a bunch of cheap *****!??! you can't come up with 199 pennies? For God's sake, you've gotten to enjoy and use this for free as we watched him develop it, now he needs to put food on his plate (and buy his wife jeans), so help him out and quit your *****ing. You don't even need to bother coming to this thread anymore if you have a problem with having to pay $1.99. Some people!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flowmastr1x View Post
    The homebrew listing clearly states that the beta is only available to paid customers.

I don't make judgments about who is "cheap" and who just doesn't think it is worth it. However, if you don't think it is worth $2, then you may not use the app for free.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I love the app, but I just read that you were not planning on changing the Icon for it. I know I know, If I don't like it, don't buy it and get out of this thread. I just wanted to say, I wish you would reconsider, it could look so much better, something that little can hinder it's sales or use, and that's just too bad for a great app. Hope no one freaks out I said this, great app, can't wait for future updates!
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Love the new beta (0.1.13). It looks a lot better that before IMO.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Grepper - just to let you know this was the first app I bought (had to clear room to buy it too due to the damn palm app limit..)

Wish you'd work around the nofications though.. I get several hundred notifications/day (as a photographer that shares my work on facebook) so it's a bit tedious to use the interface here..

Also and I'm guessing this is on your list somewhere, but would be nice to be able to browse profiles..

keep up the great work!
    -mark
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    I love the app, but I just read that you were not planning on changing the Icon for it. I know I know, If I don't like it, don't buy it and get out of this thread. I just wanted to say, I wish you would reconsider, it could look so much better, something that little can hinder it's sales or use, and that's just too bad for a great app. Hope no one freaks out I said this, great app, can't wait for future updates!
    What specific complaints do you have?

OK, OK, OK

If people have suggestions for new icons post them here or e-mail them to info@friendsflow.com I will consider them.

I will certainly give you a free copy if I choose to use your icon.

Note: I am not offering any other compensation for this. I probably would if I had any idea how much money I am earning from the app, but palm hasn't given me any numbers yet and may not until the end of the month! If you aren't ok with that, wait a bit and I may be able to offer money.
    Friends Flow worked okay until it became a paid app
    In any case, I will wait for the official app to launch probably around the time pixi is unleashed. Thanks for all the memories grepp!
    I have seen quite a few complaints about the price of this app between the app catalog itself, this thread, and plenty of other threads complaining about app pricing. The things is, is that it is, is that there are two sides. Your side, which is that you have worked tremendously hard trying to make up for the lack of a facebook app, and the people side which argues that features and design are just not worth their money.

At this point, there is no alternative, however, soon enough there will be a native app from palm which will be free most likely. With all the hard work you have done, I would not want to see you go down when this app comes out. With that said I have some ideas to vamp this up.

Features

- better organization with future homescreen with icons for sections
    - intuitive design
    - pic section for managing albums (if possible)
    - profiles
    - mail
    - upload pics
    - write on others walls, comment on their walls back and forth, and like
    - upload pictures to status, wall comments etc (if possible)
    - in future, future, make some of the popular flash games more integrated into the app (if possible, maybe through seperate app download?)
    - true notifications (mojo design) which will run in the background and notify of desired types of notifications.
    - notes
    - personal profile managment
    - requests

I wouldn't worry too much about the events or chat just yet, both of those seem like intagrateble features for palm later. (i know facebook events are in the calendar now, but not sure if you can create or edit them on the pre yet, but maybe later)

This sounds like a full facebook app yes? Even if an offical solution comes out, it could be a while before it matches these features. furthermore, the design could really make a big difference here as well.

thus I have done a few mock ups for you, a new icon, and the page you have now basically (notifications in future design could be on the homescreen.) They are NOT finished, or even close to being complete looking. (stuff isn't even aligned, and one of the dividers got messed up lol) but i don't have enough time to really work at it. (took about 3 hours to come up with a design and mock it up for this) the icon is what I really concentrated on since it's the first change you can make

I know this would probably take a lot of time, but you could probably charge 5 dollars for a full facebook app with a good design and smooth functionality.Attachment 33710

I really think you did a lot of work, and I don't want to see it go to waste in the future. I'd rather see you get gratitude and notation even after the official one comes out. (though some of us already do really appreciate it!) It just needs a few things thats all! Hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    btw for the record, don't care for the new borders - waste of screen real-estate IMHO.. Maybe make that optional? Along with an option to change text size?

Keep up the great work,
    -mark