Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2357
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I believe I have thought of a way to check for the paid app. I'll try to implement that later today when I get some quality programming time.
    Finally got through the app catalog and purchased your awesome app.
    Grepper,
    Has Palm put restrictions on how often you can update your App on the official catalog? Just curious if you now have access to update anytime you want by uploading a new version or if they have to go through an approval process again every new version release that could take weeks/months before it shows up?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhughes86 View Post
    At 1st I was thankful SOMEONE was working on a facebook app. Now not so much. You are more concerned about trying to make a buck now. This app is so far from being a comparable to other facebook apps on other phones yet you want people to start paying. Are you serious? I'll pay once it is a complete app. and not until. I'm not going to pay for promises.
    QQ some more.

If you dont like it dont pay.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhughes86 View Post
    At 1st I was thankful SOMEONE was working on a facebook app. Now not so much. You are more concerned about trying to make a buck now. This app is so far from being a comparable to other facebook apps on other phones yet you want people to start paying. Are you serious? I'll pay once it is a complete app. and not until. I'm not going to pay for promises.
    Fair enough: no one should ever buy something for which they do not feel value.

However, you are comparing to other platforms. So what? No one else has stepped up to write something better for the Pre (at least not yet), have they?

Fact is, those that have worked on other platforms, like the iPhone, have indicated that they are not interested in working on the Pre.

As far as promises go... I've been paying Microsoft for years for incomplete software, based on promises.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Comment RE: V.0.1.12 (Beta)

While I appreciate the efforts toward a sleeker look in the re-design, I don't like how much of the space it eats for text. I also don't like the fact that you had to shrink the profile images to make it work. Perhaps a slightly thinner boarder with less space between the edge of the screen and itself?

Additionally, You mention Background Notification a lot in your descriptions, but in my experience the app needs to be Open (not necessarily the active card, but open) for this to work. Am I missing a setting somewhere, or is this actually the case? I would love to have a headerless updater running to tell me when stuff changes (similar to the twitter apps). Thanks for tips in advance, and look forward to future updates

EDIT: Bug report
    Version: V.0.1.12 (Beta)

If I'm looking at an entry with a long "Name" value, such as a response or person with very long name, it wraps to a 2nd line and overlaps with the date field.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    grepper, I really love FF, and I've recommended it to the people I know who have Pres. As soon as I saw it in the App Catalog, I dug out my wallet and put my credit card number in to "upgrade" and...got the out of memory error.

Will the version on Preware continue to be available and under active development, and if so, will you put up a Paypal donation link as an alternative to purchasing through the App Catalog?
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    I like your app but I can't buy it in Canada so I have to use the free FileCoaster one for now
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.13:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.13_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.13_all.ipk)
    * Now checks for paid version
    * This version does not expire, but it does check in to friendsflow.com and all US users will be disabled soon after this release release UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PAID APP INSTALLED to avoid conflicting with the api license.
    * If you do not want to use an app which checks in with friendsflow.com buy the app on the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Grepper,
    Has Palm put restrictions on how often you can update your App on the official catalog? Just curious if you now have access to update anytime you want by uploading a new version or if they have to go through an approval process again every new version release that could take weeks/months before it shows up?
    I have no idea how tough the approval process will be to submit an update. I'm fairly sure that the updates will come with the other batches palm releases, so it CERTAINLY won't be more than once a week. I think I'm probably going to target once a month or so for stable releases.

Betas will, of course, be fast and furious.

Quote Originally Posted by flare576 View Post
    Comment RE: V.0.1.12 (Beta)

While I appreciate the efforts toward a sleeker look in the re-design, I don't like how much of the space it eats for text. I also don't like the fact that you had to shrink the profile images to make it work. Perhaps a slightly thinner boarder with less space between the edge of the screen and itself?

Additionally, You mention Background Notification a lot in your descriptions, but in my experience the app needs to be Open (not necessarily the active card, but open) for this to work. Am I missing a setting somewhere, or is this actually the case? I would love to have a headerless updater running to tell me when stuff changes (similar to the twitter apps). Thanks for tips in advance, and look forward to future updates

EDIT: Bug report
    Version: V.0.1.12 (Beta)

If I'm looking at an entry with a long "Name" value, such as a response or person with very long name, it wraps to a 2nd line and overlaps with the date field.
    Thanks. And thanks for the feedback, those are all things I am planning to fix/give you an option to do in the next release. Look for it in betas in the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by StormD View Post
    grepper, I really love FF, and I've recommended it to the people I know who have Pres. As soon as I saw it in the App Catalog, I dug out my wallet and put my credit card number in to "upgrade" and...got the out of memory error.

Will the version on Preware continue to be available and under active development, and if so, will you put up a Paypal donation link as an alternative to purchasing through the App Catalog?
    The version of Preware (which is, at least currently, the version on the homebrew catalog here, I believe) will continue to be available and under development but you will need to have the paid version installed.

I believe that people have found a workaround to the out of memory error. I don't know what that is though. If you send info@friendsflow.com your facebook id number I'll whitelist you.

Quote Originally Posted by collegekid13 View Post
    I like your app but I can't buy it in Canada so I have to use the free FileCoaster one for now
    Canadians will be able to use the beta versions for free until they can buy it. I'm sure you get screwed by us all the time. I MAY require people to keep fairly current versions though, so I don't lots of bug reports about fixed bugs.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Hey grepper,

Is the dual version install your plan on letting people beta test for the foreseeable future? I'd prefer to continue using the latest version (beta or otherwise) and I am happy to buy the app, but I don't want two copies (stable and beta) installed.

Thanks either way.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Hey grepper,

Is the dual version install your plan on letting people beta test for the foreseeable future? I'd prefer to continue using the latest version (beta or otherwise) and I am happy to buy the app, but I don't want two copies (stable and beta) installed.

Thanks either way.
    That is the only way for me to detect that you have purchased the app.

Oooh. actually, I _could_ make it work for any facebook id that had ever checked in with the paid version... but that will take me a few days to make the backend work.

For now, you'll need both installed.
    Grepper, your new version just upgraded my purchased version rather than the beta. Is that what was supposed to happen?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Grepper, your new version just upgraded my purchased version rather than the beta. Is that what was supposed to happen?
    Are you sure? Your app which has the title FriendsFlow has the version 0.1.13 and not 0.1.4?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    To me - def worth the 2 bucks.. Gonna buy it for me and my wife.. Honestly - 4 bucks for two copies of the app? Well worth it.. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Are you sure? Your app which has the title FriendsFlow has the version 0.1.13 and not 0.1.4?
    Positive.
    not for me thats weird
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Positive.
    How did you upgrade? Can you take a screenshot of the help scene and e-mail it to support@friendsflow.com?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Positive.
    I checked this. "FriendsFlow" is 0.1.4. "FriendsFlowBeta" is 0.1.13.

I tried to install from the friendsflow.com site (using fileCoaster), but it never finished. So, I installed from the precentral.net catalog.

Volcom, how did you install?
    Just checked my App List and the Beta is at 0.1.1.13 while my paid app is at 0.1.4