Page 55 of 118 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2357
    grepper will the lanscape mode be a preference setting? I haven't installed the virtual keyboard but from your screen shot it appears it would be idea in lanscape mode. Still patiently waiting to buy the app.

One suggestion how about giving the users the option to upload a custom sound.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    grepper will the lanscape mode be a preference setting? I haven't installed the virtual keyboard but from your screen shot it appears it would be idea in lanscape mode. Still patiently waiting to buy the app.
    Landscape mode is activated by rotating your device just like in the browser.

The virtual keyboard isn't officially supported by palm. If it works, great. If not, then I'm not going to go out of my way to make it work.

The intention is that you would use portrait mode to type and either mode for reading.

One suggestion how about giving the users the option to upload a custom sound.
    vote or expand on that idea here
    Allow users to choose a sound
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I expect to release a new beta version tomorrow or sunday with the new layout, a expiration method that checks in with the server. (I can decide what to do with it later, for now it sends your ip, the version of friendsflow, and your facebook id number)

If you have feedback about the new layout speak now or... you'll have to at least wait until a later release.

here are the screenshots again:
    http://friendsflow.com/tmp/friendsfl...-10_220341.png
    http://friendsflow.com/tmp/newtheme2.png
    New layout looks awesome! Great work on this app.
    Smartphone/PDA/MP3 History: Palm III, Handspring Visor, iPaq 37XX, iPaq 41XX, HTC PPC6700 - Current: HTC Mogul, Palm Pre, BB 8830 (work), and 32G iPod Touch 2G (oh yeah, wife's BB Curve).
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I saw that some one else posted about picture uploads with comments, this would be a great add. If I am mobile and using FaceBook the things I want to do are:
    Check status of friends. (Can do with your app)
    Update my status. (Can do with your App)
    Upload Pictures with Comments. (can not do with you app)

There is a way to upload pictures with comments. You can set up an email account with FB that is only used to upload pictures. You put your comment in the subject line of the email and send. Easy to do from the Pre.

What I would like to do is have the comment tied as a Status in FB, with the picture part of that status update, not a comment tied to just the picture.
    Smartphone/PDA/MP3 History: Palm III, Handspring Visor, iPaq 37XX, iPaq 41XX, HTC PPC6700 - Current: HTC Mogul, Palm Pre, BB 8830 (work), and 32G iPod Touch 2G (oh yeah, wife's BB Curve).
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpohl View Post
    I saw that some one else posted about picture uploads with comments, this would be a great add.
    Go here to vote on this idea or clarify what you want
    Upload photos
    I saw that some one else posted about picture uploads with comments, this would be a great add. If I am mobile and using FaceBook the things I want to do are:
    Check status of friends. (Can do with your app)
    Update my status. (Can do with your App)
    Upload Pictures with Comments. (can not do with you app)

There is a way to upload pictures with comments. You can set up an email account with FB that is only used to upload pictures. You put your comment in the subject line of the email and send. Easy to do from the Pre.

What I would like to do is have the comment tied as a Status in FB, with the picture part of that status update, not a comment tied to just the picture.
    I agree being able to upload pictures would be huge! I have taken a few pics on the Pre that I would love to be able to upload to Facebook.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what you mean. Is that something you can do from the facebook web page?

What you are describing is, I think, what happens if you e-mail pictures to facebook and type a description in the subject... If not, how is it different?
    I think facebook updated cause its not updating correctly. No status updates. I am running webos 1.2.1 and have the beach theme + bunch of tweaks. (need a list?)

also sometime when I click a link in the status updates it puts me in the mobile version which is not supported for certain items and has to be seen in "full site" version. Sry if all this has been mentioned...
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I think facebook updated cause its not updating correctly. No status updates. I am running webos 1.2.1 and have the beach theme + bunch of tweaks. (need a list?)

also sometime when I click a link in the status updates it puts me in the mobile version which is not supported for certain items and has to be seen in "full site" version. Sry if all this has been mentioned...
    Actually, it isn't 1.2.1 just bad timing.

Facebook's api server is having issues. It was completely broken a while ago and now it is still being flaky.

I have reported the issue to facebook.
    Sorry to post this in here but Grepper, I sent you a private message a few days ago and one again today but it is not showing in my sent messages. Are you getting them?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Sorry to post this in here but Grepper, I sent you a private message a few days ago and one again today but it is not showing in my sent messages. Are you getting them?
    I often don't notice PMs, emailing info@friendsflow.com will get a much faster response.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    OK, I made a bunch of changes and facebook is flaky today, so I am not going to post this to the homebrew catalog yet. This version's facebook code should not be any more or less flaky than the last version, as that code was not changed.

Version 0.1.11:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.11_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.11_all.ipk)
    * New visual theme. Curvier.
    * Landscape mode. Just turn your device. Just like the web browser.
    * This version does not expire, but it does check in to friendsflow.com and all US users will be disabled shortly after app catalog release to avoid conflicting with the api license. If you have made suggestions about the application or reported bugs or you have paid for the app but want beta access e-mail info@friendsflow.com with your precentral id and your facebook id number.
    * If you do not want to use an app which checks in with friendsflow.com buy the app on the app catalog. All future beta versions will do this. This version does not automatically send any info other than your ip, facebook id number, and friendsflow version. Future BETA versions may send diagnostic info -- they are beta versions after all. If you don't like that, stick to the paid app catalog.
    hey grepper what is a facebook id number and how do you get it?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    hey grepper what is a facebook id number and how do you get it?
    It is the numeric id facebook uses to refer to you.

I know you can find it in the URL for your photos eg:
    Login | Facebook
    http : / / www . facebook . com/home.php#/photo.php?pid=31116604&id=19101021

my id is 19101021
    notifications page doesn't work for me, everything shows up jumbled. Might be a bug with me, redownloading to check.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    notifications page doesn't work for me, everything shows up jumbled. Might be a bug with me, redownloading to check.
    If it is still broken, please post a screenshot or send one to support@friendsflow.com
    How exactly do I take a screenshot again?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    How exactly do I take a screenshot again?
    hold down Orange and Sym and then hit P

the screenshot will then be in an album in your photos
    Sent to you.
    grepper one simple question, this new version is going to appear like an update in filecoaster? thank you!