Page 54 of 118 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2357
  1. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1061  
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqque View Post
    does the homebrew application work with webos 1.2 now?
    Yes.
  2. #1062  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    FriendsFlow is a useful product to some people therefore it is full featured. It will never take out the garbage for you or buy your wife flowers on your anniversary.


    I keep debating trying to find a way to allow beta testers to use the app for free. Thanks for the reminder about why I should not do that.
    i mean versus the native apps on other platforms. FF is limited in functionality when you compare it to those FREE apps. Thats my point. I was justing trying to give another side of the table, but you seem to want to fly off the deep end about gifts for wives and such.

    Anyways, ive never had to pay to help beta test any software, some might, but that idea is dumb in itself if you ask me. But whatever, im selling the Junk pre tomorrow anyway, so happy sailing. I wish you the best in your trials
  3. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #1063  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    Anyways, ive never had to pay to help beta test any software, some might, but that idea is dumb in itself if you ask me. But whatever, im selling the Junk pre tomorrow anyway, so happy sailing. I wish you the best in your trials
    This is someone that will never be satisfied, so there's no point in trying to satisfy them.

    The fact that he's complaining when he already decided that the Pre was "junk" and had no intention of even using FriendsFlow shows where his mind was: he wanted to win an argument, not get good software.
  4. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1064  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    i mean versus the native apps on other platforms. FF is limited in functionality when you compare it to those FREE apps. Thats my point. I was justing trying to give another side of the table, but you seem to want to fly off the deep end about gifts for wives and such.

    Anyways, ive never had to pay to help beta test any software, some might, but that idea is dumb in itself if you ask me. But whatever, im selling the Junk pre tomorrow anyway, so happy sailing. I wish you the best in your trials
    Funny, based on the first paragraph I was going to say that I guess you should have bought an iPhone or a windows mobile phone.

    There is no FREE app for the palm pre. People wanted AN app, they said they would pay for an app that would let them comment and like posts. I wrote one.

    I wonder if palm gets a lot of e-mail asking why they aren't giving the phones away for free since it doesn't have video at launch...
  5. #1065  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Funny, based on the first paragraph I was going to say that I guess you should have bought an iPhone or a windows mobile phone.

    There is no FREE app for the palm pre. People wanted AN app, they said they would pay for an app that would let them comment and like posts. I wrote one.

    I wonder if palm gets a lot of e-mail asking why they aren't giving the phones away for free since it doesn't have video at launch...
    ive had an iPhone, and blackberries and just about all the WM phones u can imagine, that has nothing to do with anything.

    my point is the other platforms, have full featured FB apps. FB APPS, im not talking about any other apps. and your going to charge for a PARTIAL app, compared to FREE FULL FEATURED APPS. Just doesnt make sense to me.

    Now if Joe, Tom, Nick, and Sally want to pay for your app since there are no other alternatives, then let them, but you dont see EA Sports charging for a beta version of NBA 2k10, or Microsoft charging to let customers use the Beta version of W7.

    There are plenty of free apps in the Pres app catalog, so you lost me on that one.

    Dont worry about replying dude, im not into the internet arguing and clearly your on the defensive for nothing, so like i said i wish u the best and hope ur app does well
  6. #1066  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This is someone that will never be satisfied, so there's no point in trying to satisfy them.

    The fact that he's complaining when he already decided that the Pre was "junk" and had no intention of even using FriendsFlow shows where his mind was: he wanted to win an argument, not get good software.
    huh? its not about me being satisfied, im fully satisfied with my tour, but how is your response relevant to what were talking about?

    you just had to add your two cents in. This is how every forum debate goes, theres always one of "YOU".
  7. #1067  
    Any way to have an option to have the voicemail playback in either the earpiece or the speaker?
  8. #1068  
    i havene't chimed in on this thread or actually read it but the one feature I need is the ability to send pics with a comment attached.
  9. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1069  
    Quote Originally Posted by jschramm View Post
    Any way to have an option to have the voicemail playback in either the earpiece or the speaker?
    Does facebook voicemail work? I'll put it on my list of things to look into.
  10. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1070  


    Comments?

    Also, I set up a "Get Satisfaction" account
    Recently active topics in FriendsFlow about FriendsFlow for WebOS

    If you have a suggestion, you can submit it there. You can also go there to see what others have suggested and vote on that idea.
  11. bdGDL08's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    #1071  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    i mean versus the native apps on other platforms. FF is limited in functionality when you compare it to those FREE apps. Thats my point. I was justing trying to give another side of the table, but you seem to want to fly off the deep end about gifts for wives and such.

    Anyways, ive never had to pay to help beta test any software, some might, but that idea is dumb in itself if you ask me. But whatever, im selling the Junk pre tomorrow anyway, so happy sailing. I wish you the best in your trials
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    ive had an iPhone, and blackberries and just about all the WM phones u can imagine, that has nothing to do with anything.

    my point is the other platforms, have full featured FB apps. FB APPS, im not talking about any other apps. and your going to charge for a PARTIAL app, compared to FREE FULL FEATURED APPS. Just doesnt make sense to me.

    Now if Joe, Tom, Nick, and Sally want to pay for your app since there are no other alternatives, then let them, but you dont see EA Sports charging for a beta version of NBA 2k10, or Microsoft charging to let customers use the Beta version of W7.

    There are plenty of free apps in the Pres app catalog, so you lost me on that one.

    Dont worry about replying dude, im not into the internet arguing and clearly your on the defensive for nothing, so like i said i wish u the best and hope ur app does well
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    huh? its not about me being satisfied, im fully satisfied with my tour, but how is your response relevant to what were talking about?

    you just had to add your two cents in. This is how every forum debate goes, theres always one of "YOU".
    Are you sure?
  12. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1072  
    And, landscape mode!


    Honestly I thought landscape mode would suck. But it appears to be at least a bit awesome.
  13. bdGDL08's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    #1073  
    That looks great Grepper! I can't wait. It's funny how everyone constantly posts when they want something, or when they disagree with someone, but when you show us the products of your hard work... silence.
  14. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #1074  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    huh? its not about me being satisfied, im fully satisfied with my tour, but how is your response relevant to what were talking about?

    you just had to add your two cents in. This is how every forum debate goes, theres always one of "YOU".
    Let's see. You have no intention of using FriendsFlow because you're giving up your Pre.

    So, given that you're not going to have a Pre much longer, why are you posting about a software product that you can't use, anyway?

    The way I see it, you just want to argue. Can there be any other reason that someone without a Pre would care?

    There's always one of me? You mean someone that points out that someone is being a troll by complaining about a software product that they will never be a user of?
  15. wodin's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #1075  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    But whatever, im selling the Junk pre tomorrow anyway, so happy sailing. I wish you the best in your trials
    Bye!
  16. wodin's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #1076  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    huh? its not about me being satisfied, im fully satisfied with my tour, but how is your response relevant to what were talking about?

    you just had to add your two cents in. This is how every forum debate goes, there's always one of "YOU".
    What? You ain't left yet?
  17. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #1077  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    my point is the other platforms, have full featured FB apps. FB APPS, im not talking about any other apps. and your going to charge for a PARTIAL app, compared to FREE FULL FEATURED APPS. Just doesnt make sense to me.
    Your argument is that there is a free FB app on other platforms.

    Why isn't there one for the Pre? Have you complained to the people that wrote the iPhone version or the Blackberry version that they need to develop one, for free, and have it RIGHT NOW!

    Why are you blaming Grepper because no one else has stepped up to write a free app? Why is this his fault?

    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    Dont worry about replying dude, im not into the internet arguing and clearly your on the defensive for nothing, so like i said i wish u the best and hope ur app does well
    In other words, don't bother responding because I (Success100) am afraid that it will be shown wrong. I (Success100) prefer to attack someone that's spent time and money on developing a product -- one where is a market -- even though I don't have the hardware to run it anyway.

    Success100, why haven't YOU written a full features FB app for the Pre? And given it away for free?

    Or do you expect Grepper to do something that you won't get off your own bottom to do?

    Until you're willing to put your own time and money on the line to develop a free app, I can't see why you have any place to attack someone that has taken the time and spent his own money.

    Since you're giving up your Pre, there's no need for you to continue here. Anything you have to say is just for the sake of being a troll that wants an argument.

    I have my $1.99. If, for nothing else, but to show Grepper that his time means something. More than I can say for you, Success100.
  18. wodin's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #1078  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Since you're giving up your Pre, there's no need for you to continue here. Anything you have to say is just for the sake of being a troll that wants an argument.
    I thought I said that!

    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I have my $1.99. If, for nothing else, but to show Grepper that his time means something. More than I can say for you, Success100
    Where is the donate button?
  19. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1079  
    I expect to release a new beta version tomorrow or sunday with the new layout, a expiration method that checks in with the server. (I can decide what to do with it later, for now it sends your ip, the version of friendsflow, and your facebook id number)

    If you have feedback about the new layout speak now or... you'll have to at least wait until a later release.

    here are the screenshots again:
    http://friendsflow.com/tmp/friendsfl...-10_220341.png
    http://friendsflow.com/tmp/newtheme2.png
  20. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #1080  
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post
    Where is the donate button?
    Please wait until it is released in the app store. I hope to make plenty of money that way and I don't want to run afoul of palm's contract.

    If I do not make enough money that way, I may try to come up with alternative business models, but for now selling software through the catalog's it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions