Page 50 of 118 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2357
    Grepper, if you've been accepted into the App Catalog, would you tell us? Or wait and let us see when it shows up in the catalog? Crossing my fingers for ya that you end up in this first batch of paid apps!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Grepper, if you've been accepted into the App Catalog, would you tell us? Or wait and let us see when it shows up in the catalog? Crossing my fingers for ya that you end up in this first batch of paid apps!
    At this point, I don't want to **** off palm. If I don't make the first wave of paid apps, my opinion on that may change.

Read into that what you will.

Interesting article on the process on slashdot today.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    wow, that **** was p i s s.... not anything too bad...
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Currently my "Roadmap in my head" has the following major code changes for 1.1:

1. Themes - I think it will come with several and give you the ability to specify a URL to use one that was not included in the release.
    2. Caching - All data will be loaded (in a slightly different way) from facebook in the background. The _displaying_ of that data will happen based on the cache. This will hopefully make things more reliable, quicker, and allow me to do things like tell you how many comments you have not seen on a post, or what status updates you have seen and which you haven't.

3 (probably) View profiles
    4 (probably) Facebook Messages
    5 (probably) redesign notifications sceene.

Any comments?

On an unrelated note: recent versions of FriendsFlowBeta will expire tonight at about 10pm Central time. Obviously it won't be available in the app store by then.

I am thinking about a new release which extends the time. When should I extend it to?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I am thinking about a new release which extends the time. When should I extend it to?
    Thanks for the update. It all sounds good.

I don't know what expectations Palm has set with you, but it sounds like they are sufficiently backed up that, unless they've given you some sign of where you are in the queue, I'd guess we have 2 weeks until your app is released. But that's based on no actual information.

Unless you are required by Palm (I'm seen some pretty negative blog posts on Palm's policies) to disable everyone's copy before they will allow it to go live in the catalog, I'd recommend that you take the date you expect release and then give another 1-2 weeks. I realize that having overlapping releases is a pain from a support perspective, but it'd be a nice thing to give some overlap.

So, how about an expiration date of October 15?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    any customed API function possible in the next version?
    Ya, it would be a real bummer to not be able to use this thing after tonight until it hits the App Catalog, although I'm hoping like crazy it hits tomorrow.
    I also agree about the 15th as an expiration date.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Can't wait to buy this app!
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leo_boy View Post
    Like what? (what would you like to be able to do?)
    Love the twitter update Grepper.. just think, if 6,600 people purchase your app, thats $13,200 minus Palm fee's. I'd say you could buy your wife several nice pairs of jeans :P Here's to hoping you get into the catalog tomorrow!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.10:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.10_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.10_all.ipk)
    * This version expires Oct 5th
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Love the twitter update Grepper.. just think, if 6,600 people purchase your app, thats $13,200 minus Palm fee's. I'd say you could buy your wife several nice pairs of jeans :P Here's to hoping you get into the catalog tomorrow!
    Well, I'm going under the assumption that I get about 1/2 of the price after palm takes 30% and the government takes 30%ish (100*.7*.7 is 49)

The 30% taxes is just a rough estimate though. I think it is about right (22ish percent for fed income, 6% for MN income, plus a bit for social security up to 106k and 2.9% for medicare)

Which makes it easy, for every sale I make I get about a dollar of spendable income.
    grepper,

I tried searching this thread for an answer but I didn't see it. How much are you charging for your app? I am going to buy it either way but I didn't know how much you were charging.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    grepper,

I tried searching this thread for an answer but I didn't see it. How much are you charging for your app? I am going to buy it either way but I didn't know how much you were charging.
    $1.99
    Will you extend it again if the app store doesn't go live. I just want to say again, how I now use facebook at an increased level due to you making the app.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I choose to be an optimist. It isn't a question of if, just when.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Like what? (what would you like to be able to do?)
    Tks for replying.
    Something like the PROXY,VPN. This function can be found in the SPAZ(Twitter client) ,can be customed the server's address in order to get the fastest speed depends on different networks or even some special country can not visit FACEBOOK.com.
    or even some special country can not visit FACEBOOK.com.
    I'd love to know what country currently has the Pre available that has Facebook blocked.
    PLEASE STOP MAKING YOUR APP EXPIRE! It is very annoying!!!