Page 46 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696 ... LastLast
    Like the new notification sound MUCH better. Thanks!!
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
    i just heard the new notification sound and its way better than the old one..gr8 job grepper!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

This is a great app yesterday your updates reminded me of when you first started working on it three in one day.

Edit: grepper did you kill your previous versions? I was trying to run the very last one before RC and now I get a you are not connected to the internet error. The RC beta works fine.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/20/2009 at 06:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Edit: grepper did you kill your previous versions? I was trying to run the very last one before RC and now I get a you are not connected to the internet error. The RC beta works fine.
    I've been getting that error all day too.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    I've been getting that error all day too.
    I think some of the earlier versions are now expiring.

Why would you want to run something other than the latest version?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I think some of the earlier versions are now expiring.

Why would you want to run something other than the latest version?
    It didn't show up as an update of an installed application in Preware, so I didn't know that I wasn't running the latest version. Eventually I did remove the old one and install the new one, and all is well.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    It didn't show up as an update of an installed application in Preware, so I didn't know that I wasn't running the latest version. Eventually I did remove the old one and install the new one, and all is well.
    I suppose that's a side effect of my changing the name/app id. (I wanted people to be able to have the released version and the beta version side by side.)
    I've been getting an issue where I'll load the app and it will say I need to connect to facebook... I close it, reopen and it works fine. I've been using this for a long time, so it should be all connected to facebook. Sometimes after its been open for a while I'll go look at it and see it says I need to connect to facebook again.... seems to be some kind of issue with the new logout feature maybe? If I just close and reopen then it seems fine.... Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    I've been getting an issue where I'll load the app and it will say I need to connect to facebook... I close it, reopen and it works fine. I've been using this for a long time, so it should be all connected to facebook. Sometimes after its been open for a while I'll go look at it and see it says I need to connect to facebook again.... seems to be some kind of issue with the new logout feature maybe? If I just close and reopen then it seems fine.... Any ideas?
    If you are not using the logout feature, then it should not be causing that sort of problem.

What version are you using?

Are you connected using wifi? evdo? 1xrtt?
    Yeah, I am having the same issue also.
    Every time I open FF I need to log in. Every time I comment or "Like" someones post, it saves, but then I get booted back to the login screen.

I changed no settings or preferences on Facebook or FF. Used to work perfect until a few days ago.

I uninstalled FF, and reinstalled it, and same behavior.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doitda View Post
    Yeah, I am having the same issue also.
    Every time I open FF I need to log in. Every time I comment or "Like" someones post, it saves, but then I get booted back to the login screen.

I changed no settings or preferences on Facebook or FF. Used to work perfect until a few days ago.

I uninstalled FF, and reinstalled it, and same behavior.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect it is facebook being wonky. Facebook has been very odd for me the last few days (even on the web page.)

I guess I should add more robust error handling in the future to deal with the fact that facebook isn't the most reliable service...

I'm not seeing this sort of behaviour BTW.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    PS, what sort of connection are you using when you see that sort of problem? (wifi, evdo, 1xrtt?)
    Yeah, this might be a facebook thing.
    I use lite.facebook.com over the browser, and it is also being funky so gonna chalk it up to FB.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    If you are not using the logout feature, then it should not be causing that sort of problem.

What version are you using?

Are you connected using wifi? evdo? 1xrtt?
    I'm not using the logout feature, so yeah I don't know, but it is strange. I have seen it on wifi at home, work, and EVDO. I don't see 1x here in Houston,

I am using the latest version, 0.1.5 and I really only see it upon first loading. Once or twice while I've had it running I've seen it. I've never seen it while commenting or liking things.

I agree, it may just be facebook, it has been acting a bit "wonky" on my computer. It could just be their server refusing the connection or something?

Thanks for your help..
    Wow grepper, I haven't checked this thread in a while and it seems i have missed a few updates. I am currently using 0.0.45 and I am very satisfied with this version. It seems you have made some cosmetic and some functional improvements.

Can I download the current version 1.5 and keep my existing version to compare the two?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    It went back to the login scene a couple of times this morning for me too, but then it stopped doing that. I was connected via EVDO.

Now, every time there's a status update, it increments the number of updates shown in the webOS notification area - doesn't seem to realize that I have gone and read the old ones already.

There's also a white bar underneath the whole width of the webOS notification area after I touch the FF notification icon.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Facebook | Facebook

"We’re working as quickly as possible to fix site issues that are causing errors for some of you when you try to log in or access features. We’ll keep you updated as the site returns to normal, and you can learn more at http://www.facebook.com/help."

I think that's what's causing the issues.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    It went back to the login scene a couple of times this morning for me too, but then it stopped doing that. I was connected via EVDO.

Now, every time there's a status update, it increments the number of updates shown in the webOS notification area - doesn't seem to realize that I have gone and read the old ones already.

There's also a white bar underneath the whole width of the webOS notification area after I touch the FF notification icon.
    http://friendsflow.com/mantis/view.php?id=25
    http://friendsflow.com/mantis/view.php?id=26

Feel free to create an account and add comments, etc to the bug reports.
    Hey Grepper,

It really looks much nicer with the check marks in notifications to click mark read, but I'm finding it quite hard to click in the right place everytime. Can you make a bigger invisible circle around that checkmark to accept a touch of a finger than it currently is? Sometimes takes me 3 times just to actually click on it and make it go away.
    Thanks for your hard work, hope you get rewarded into the App Store Thursday!
    Hey Grepper,

I'm not sure if this has been asked already. I like the way you can mark the messages/comments as read but often times I would like to respond to the comment. Is there a way to send me back to the original comment in friendsflow to add further comments without being sent to the actual facebook page to do so?

Thanks