Page 43 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 2357
  1. #841  
    This app is really nice. I hope you give us the option in the future to upload images to our walls.

    Thanks again and great work.
  2. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #842  
    As I have said before, I CAN NOT MAKE ANY MORE CHANGES. PERIOD. UNLESS TOLD TO DO SO BY PALM.

    I personally think palm made a misstep by requiring paid apps to be submitted to them weeks before they intend to even look at them, but thems the breaks. They wanted me to submit it to them in the middle of august.

    So, unless you work in the app review department at palm, any suggestions you make apply to 1.1. I have to live with it and it affects me a lot more than you.

    Feel free to complain about it to me more, so long as you realize that you are disconnected from reality.
  3. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #843  
    Hmm, that came of harsher than I intended.

    Lets just say that even when I'm my own boss, arbitrary deadlines that have nothing to do with release dates or blocking others prevent things from being as good as they could be.

    That being said, I don't think that being shown a blank screen after you have no more notifications is a "stop-ship" problem.

    (I worked as a software engineer for IBM for a while.)
  4. #844  
    Well thats fine, you might think it is no biggy, but I was only saying it is not App Store release quality with little things like that. Will I still use it? of Course! Will I buy it? Gladly! I love the software, just surprised you kept submitting it so early then if you weren't allowed to make changes when it was so incomplete. Hmm, that came across harsher than I intended :P
  5. #845  
    Jeez grepper... you get extremely mad for simple things. People will continue to post suggestions in this forum thread, if you don't understand that you should delete the thread. People are looking to make it a better app by submitting problems to you. The whole blank screen, it's not a stop ship problem but it shows a "little things which can become annoying very rapidly" along with the lack of a mark all read and other things! You have the beginnings of an app, you KNOW you will be updating it in the future.

    So don't bite peoples heads off when they are saying they want you to add things, just keep it in mind and when the chains come off and you can start updating again (can't you be doing it on your own time RIGHT NOW when you have nothing better to do, if you have those moments so when you can submit an update you can do it asap?) you can incorporate all of these AWESOME suggestions.

    I work in sales, the customer is ALWAYS right. We're throwing things out at you because we want them, you're going to put them in hopefully because you want us to buy it! That's the way sales work! So don't be so mean man. I agree there are some dumb people but ignore them.

    The app has come along great and i'm sure it will be accepted into the catalog. The lack of crashes has been through the last few builds so there really isn't anything stopping it now other than a lack of polish and the cool features.

    I see it as a car frame right now, it's got a good engine in it, it's just lacking the nice interior and giant rims .

    Dave
  6. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #846  
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    Jeez grepper... you get extremely mad for simple things. People will continue to post suggestions in this forum thread, if you don't understand that you should delete the thread. People are looking to make it a better app by submitting problems to you. The whole blank screen, it's not a stop ship problem but it shows a "little things which can become annoying very rapidly" along with the lack of a mark all read and other things! You have the beginnings of an app, you KNOW you will be updating it in the future.

    So don't bite peoples heads off when they are saying they want you to add things, just keep it in mind and when the chains come off and you can start updating again (can't you be doing it on your own time RIGHT NOW when you have nothing better to do, if you have those moments so when you can submit an update you can do it asap?) you can incorporate all of these AWESOME suggestions.

    I work in sales, the customer is ALWAYS right. We're throwing things out at you because we want them, you're going to put them in hopefully because you want us to buy it! That's the way sales work! So don't be so mean man. I agree there are some dumb people but ignore them.

    The app has come along great and i'm sure it will be accepted into the catalog. The lack of crashes has been through the last few builds so there really isn't anything stopping it now other than a lack of polish and the cool features.

    I see it as a car frame right now, it's got a good engine in it, it's just lacking the nice interior and giant rims .

    Dave
    I love the suggestions. I am not saying they aren't good. What I get a bit offended by is... People who keep asking me to do things I have already said I can't do.

    As for this time when I have 'nothing better to do'... I have a day job, a wife, and two kids. I'm going to be honest with you. Given that palm won't let me incorperate changes until after it is released I am using the time to spend time with my family. If it seems like it is worth my time (which is what I expect will happen) will add enhancements. Right now, it hasn't even been accepted by palm. I could get nearly nothing from this... I am not sinking in more time if it can't help me ensure it gets on the app catalog.
  7. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #847  
    PS, I don't view those of you on the forums giving me feedback as customers. I view you as collaborators. I will gladly give the people who have regularly been giving me feedback free copies for life, assuming I can do that. (I guess I'm pretty sure I can do that with the beta versions.)

    What I have been getting upset about (mad is the wrong word, frustrated is better) is when people belittle my work and suggest that if their issue isn't fixed it is just a piece of crap. (Obviously, I STILL shouldn't get upset...)

    What makes it particularly frustrating is that the vast majority of the suggestions are good suggestions.

    I am doing my best to make a product people will find useful without spending so much time that my wife wants to divorce me.

    Criticism of FriendsFlow is criticism of my work, so it can sting some times.

    "The customer is always right" is not actually true either. My goals are different than the customer's, the customer doesn't have as much information, and customers often don't think through the tradeoffs their requests imply.
  8. Habidabad's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #848  
    I love the app and will continue to use it constantly and will even pay for it when the time arises!

    This is just a very simple suggestion:
    Most of us don't have time to read 40+ pages of comments and suggestions from others. Could you add a very straight forward link to a page of all things suggested and categorize them as "possible", "impossible", and "never" (or however). That way we have a quick guide to thinks that have already been mentioned and it won't 'grind your gears' so much. I understand if this may take too much time, so that's why it's only a suggestion.
  9. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #849  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    I love the app and will continue to use it constantly and will even pay for it when the time arises!

    This is just a very simple suggestion:
    Most of us don't have time to read 40+ pages of comments and suggestions from others. Could you add a very straight forward link to a page of all things suggested and categorize them as "possible", "impossible", and "never" (or however). That way we have a quick guide to thinks that have already been mentioned and it won't 'grind your gears' so much. I understand if this may take too much time, so that's why it's only a suggestion.
    As soon as it hits the app catalog I intend to set up a system to track bugs and requests for features. People will be able to vote for features/bugs and comment on them there too.

    I should also just develop thinker skin. People don't use English precisely. I should take less offense.
  10. #850  
    Not sure why, but this discussion reminds me of Office Space - "I'm a people person. I deal with the customers so the engineers don't have to. Don't you get that? What the hell is wrong with you people!"

    Sometimes it's nice to have a buffer, since everyone thinks you are their personal programmer, and if you don't implement their specific feature that you were snubbing them personally... you should hire a customer relations department :P

    The app is great, and I definitely won't criticize. I think there are plenty of features included and plenty to implement, and I trust you'll be adding things as you can.
  11. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by rastataoist View Post
    Sometimes it's nice to have a buffer, since everyone thinks you are their personal programmer, and if you don't implement their specific feature that you were snubbing them personally... you should hire a customer relations department :P
    So true! We'll see what sort of money I'm bringing in. Maybe I will hire someone to do support and customer relations.

    However, I really have found all of your comments useful. I'm not sure it would be good to filter them.
  12. #852  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Hmm, that came of harsher than I intended.

    Lets just say that even when I'm my own boss, arbitrary deadlines that have nothing to do with release dates or blocking others prevent things from being as good as they could be.

    That being said, I don't think that being shown a blank screen after you have no more notifications is a "stop-ship" problem.

    (I worked as a software engineer for IBM for a while.)
    Yah that was a bit harsh if that was intended for me. I was just saying it would be nice in your next release (asuming that once you have an app submited to palm that they will allow you to continue to resubmit changes and updates) that it would be nice to upload photos and I'm happy with what you have done now. Aside from that my post was ment to simply be a complement!
  13. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #853  
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    Yah that was a bit harsh if that was intended for me. I was just saying it would be nice in your next release (asuming that once you have an app submited to palm that they will allow you to continue to resubmit changes and updates) that it would be nice to upload photos and I'm happy with what you have done now. Aside from that my post was ment to simply be a complement!
    It was not intended for you. It was a response to an earlier post.

    uploading photos will certainly be in 1.1 assuming Palm accepts it to the app catalog.
  14. #854  
    Excellent then and good luck to you and your submission.
  15. #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    On the detail screen, is there a way to provide the same functionality as the "Hide" dropdown on the Facebook web page? It gives one the option to permanently hide either the person or the application from your home page. In FriendsFlow, I find myself desperately wishing I could hide "Farmville" or some inane quiz app, without having to wait until I'm back at my PC.

    Other than that, it's very functional for me. Thanks!
    I second this. Its the first thing I noticed when using the app. A bunch of people or those dumb facebook applications (quizzes, Farmville, YoVille, etc) that I blocked gets through on the app & shows up in my wall. And boy oh boy can it clutter things up mighty fast, esp on the Pre's tiny screen. I suppose some of those "friends" who abuse this stuff & constantly post nonsense I should just unfriend, but I kinda hate to completely lose them as a contact & stuff like that.

    Im wondering if facebook's public API even includes this functionality?? Im not sure if any 3rd party (or even official) Facebook mobile clients can reflect what you've hidden on the main browser version. Anyone know?
  16. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #856  
    My quick look at the API when I first read the request led me to believe it is not possible to change filters using the api.

    I could make my own set of filters, both to hide a particular user id and a particular app id, but they wouldn't propagate back to facebook. But, I can see how that would be much better than nothing. I'll add it to my list of possible features for 1.1

    I will probably also let you choose which filter to use (eg, only one of your groups) in future versions. I guess a lot of people use that as their primary way of viewing things on the web page.

    NOTE: if you filter those things from your "news feed" on facebook, it should not show up in current versions of FriendsFlow. (It did for a while due to a bug and/or facebook changing the api)
  17. #857  
    grepper keep up the good work, your app has made me take my facebook usage to a whole new level. Not being a programmer I can only appreciate the great work you do on this app and really hope it gets into the app catalog.

    fpalm the programmer for gdial pro had the similiar situation waiting for it to get into the app catalog and now he does one for the app catalog and the beta he keeps alive in home brew to try out the various suggestions people offer.

    I only wish I could do 1/4 of what you have done to get this app to us. You have filled a need that I frankly didn't know existed until you made the app.

    Thanks for taking the time to get this app out there, and trust me we don't want you taking too much time from your family to work on this, you seem like a perfectionist though and you probably won't rest until it is just right. I too am the same way in my job I am just not a programmer. I too have to worry about spending too much time at work and then dealing with the wifey and 5 kids when I get home. That said take your time with this app and sit back and enjoy, I would probably be thinking of the price you will eventually charge, it is worth more than the two dollars you discussed in one of your posts.
  18. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #858  
    mamouton:

    thanks for the thanks. Just so you know, the ability to have more than one account is one of my top priorities for 1.1. It won't ship without it.

    As for the price... It is worth more than $2 to some people, and less than $2 to others. I would rather have more users and have more of them think they got a bargain than have fewer users who may question whether they paid too much.
  19. Habidabad's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #859  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    That way we have a quick guide to thinks
    I noticed that right after I posted. Hardy har har! It wasn't bad English, but my fingers typing faster than my brain! They're like a good ballroom dancer, not having to think about the steps, but mistakes do happen!
  20. #860  
    Good response, it definitely made things clear. And i understand where you are coming from, it's just i have seen you snap out at a few people lol. Wanted to make sure you knew that I would sit here some times and cringe and be like "damn grepper, that's a bit much!". I just want you to succeed and you definitely need to be able to take criticism to do that, trust me I take it every day.

    I'm a vacuum salesman, a cold sale guy. I get insulted ALOT... but you always have to take what people ***** about and see if you can't work it to your advantage.

    But thanks again, and once again. The app is awesome, the engine is there, all we need now is the xm radio and paint job.

    BTW!!! i said it in there your spare time that is not already dedicated to something. I'm a huge family guy and i understand that family comes first.

    And trust me grepper, this app will make it into the catalog. It will give them the ability to say they have a dedicated facebook app, even if it's third party! It's a great thing to be able to say and this will cause a riot once it hits.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions