Page 38 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    No worries i'm sure ur app will be better than the facebook one. In any case, i will be purchasing ur app once it hits the app store.
    Same here
    Hey no worries man, there are like 3 twitter apps for the Palm Pre. So 2 Facebook apps for the Pre is just a blessing.
    if this app would just let me filter the notifications the way i can on the site (or at least import those filters...as the news feed seems to)...

...check emails....

...and see/reply to posts on my wall...

you could consider my credit card in hand.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Hi Grepper, I love your app. One of my favorite apps on the Pre. I use all the features and feel it is very uncluttered. I have one question. When I get new notifications and I click the notification button, I see all my new notifications but the only option is to "Mark as read". I would prefer to have a link I can click on to see the entire thread of that one notification so I can add to it. As of right now, I have to clear all notifications and then find the thread in the main app. If I click the hyperlink within the notification, it brings up the web version of FB. If I am being unclear about my question, please let me know and I can try to rephrase. I will definately purchase this app once it goes live and as long as it continues to improve, I will be a loyal fan. Thanks again for your time.
    Grepper, it looks like the only thing that app has over yours is the ability to go landscape mode while viewing photos. It also appears to have the ability to leave a comment on a photo while photo browsing.. aside from that, I think your app looks better!
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Wow. Well, I personally find it a bit suspicious that they showed EXACTLY the same functionality that FriendsFlow has at the moment. (with the exception of being able to comment on photos, which is trivial to add)

In any case, FriendsFlow will be available for months before theirs, and hopefully I can add features which will make it fit a different place in the Palm ecosystem.
    Aesthetically, I still prefer yours. But aren't both apps at or near the limits of functionality *able* to be implemented via Facebook's current (public) API? I know you've pointed out a few requested features that just aren't possible, so I wonder if you both may have naturally reached a similar end result when implementing the same limited API.

--John
    Originally Posted by tallman2
    Are there any plans to add filters to FriendsFlow so that you can view a specific list of friends instead of all of them?
    Please, please provide this. Otherwise the app is overwhelmed with status updates.

FriendsFlow does a great job for what it does (status updates). Thank you for this app!
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    It doesn't actually 'come with' the Pre. It's just the mobile site x.facebook.com saved as a bookmark in the browser on the device. The other mobile site is m.facebook.com.
    What's the difference between the "x" version and the "m" version of the Facebook mobile websites?
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    x is the old iPhone formatted one (and tends to work better with all webkit browsers), while m is the more generic mobile interface.
    How do you see and/or change what notifications are going to Friends Flow? I have alot of my e-mail notifications off because I was getting slammed with e-mails. I have "some" text message notifications on. Ive only been using FF for 2 days now but Ive only received one notification through FF and when I went to read that one, it was blank and would only let me mark is as "read".

Is FF's notification system tied into Facebook's? (ie. which settings within Facebook would trigger notifications through FF)

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    x is the old iPhone formatted one (and tends to work better with all webkit browsers), while m is the more generic mobile interface.
    Which one works better with the Pre? Ive used the "x" version thats bookmarked already and it sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by tijerin View Post
    Which one works better with the Pre? Ive used the "x" version thats bookmarked already and it sucked.
    I prefer m, even though it's usually not fit to the browser for easy reading. It lets you do everything that x doesn't have, though.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I use the full facebook site and don't mess with the mobile or x versions. It works great. Even the chat works.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyleemoon View Post
    if this app would just let me filter the notifications the way i can on the site (or at least import those filters...as the news feed seems to)...

...check emails....

...and see/reply to posts on my wall...

you could consider my credit card in hand.
    I believe the next version will properly filter notifications. (it gets rid of at least some of them)

Quote Originally Posted by lasercomp View Post
    Hi Grepper, I love your app. One of my favorite apps on the Pre. I use all the features and feel it is very uncluttered. I have one question. When I get new notifications and I click the notification button, I see all my new notifications but the only option is to "Mark as read". I would prefer to have a link I can click on to see the entire thread of that one notification so I can add to it. As of right now, I have to clear all notifications and then find the thread in the main app. If I click the hyperlink within the notification, it brings up the web version of FB. If I am being unclear about my question, please let me know and I can try to rephrase. I will definately purchase this app once it goes live and as long as it continues to improve, I will be a loyal fan. Thanks again for your time.
    It is on my list of things to implement. Based on my talks with Palm today, I think I really have to have a feature freeze and get 1.0 done ASAP, so that isn't going to be in 1.0. I intend to keep improving things after it hits the app catalog though.

Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Grepper, it looks like the only thing that app has over yours is the ability to go landscape mode while viewing photos. It also appears to have the ability to leave a comment on a photo while photo browsing.. aside from that, I think your app looks better!
    Those are both things I intend to add. Sadly, I suspect neither will make 1.0, but one has to make choices in order to get anything _done_.

Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    Aesthetically, I still prefer yours. But aren't both apps at or near the limits of functionality *able* to be implemented via Facebook's current (public) API? I know you've pointed out a few requested features that just aren't possible, so I wonder if you both may have naturally reached a similar end result when implementing the same limited API.

--John
    No, there are a lot of things I could still do. I asked Palm to tell me what they had planning under an NDA so that I could work on providing _different_ features (and thus be working with them to better the platform rather than competing with them.) The person I'm working with checked with the higher ups, and the request was declined.

So, what will I implement after 1.0? We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorendor View Post
    Please, please provide this. Otherwise the app is overwhelmed with status updates.

FriendsFlow does a great job for what it does (status updates). Thank you for this app!
    You can change what shows up by altering what shows up in your NewsFeed on the desktop web page. If you want to view other things on the desktop web page, use other groups there.

After 1.0, groups support is high on my list.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.0.47:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.0.47_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflow_0.0.47_all.ipk)
    * Filters apply to facebook notifications
    * Notifications work better (only notifies once until you get more notification worthy events)
    * New notification sound (I want to know if I got a facebook update or a text message)
    * Some other bug fixes?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    By the way, FriendsFlow has been used by over 10000 people. 3000 different people use it every day.
    Also, I have identified (but not fixed) a bug which causes a crash. If you swipe back after hitting "comment" or "like" before it goes back on its own, it will crash after it does finish posting. ... so don't swipe back, just be patient. I'll get that fixed for the next release.
    Version 0.0.47:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.0.47_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflow_0.0.47_all.ipk)
    * Filters apply to facebook notifications
    * Notifications work better (only notifies once until you get more notification worthy events)
    * New notification sound (I want to know if I got a facebook update or a text message)
    * Some other bug fixes?
    hey grepper...when ru gonna be able to have FF work in the background with notification but not open by itself like last time? make it work like twee in a way
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey grepper...when ru gonna be able to have FF work in the background with notification but not open by itself like last time? make it work like twee in a way
    From this point forward zero features will be added until 1.0 unless palm tells me to add them.
    From this point forward zero features will be added until 1.0 unless palm tells me to add them.
    so Palm tells u which features they want u to add?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I would think that if you let us post a picture from our pre in both comment and update would be a major selling point. I know I would immediately go for the app that allows me to do this, so I can take a pic and put it in my update or comment.