Page 37 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay, so this might not be FriendsFlow's fault.... but I've been noticing a lot of weird activity on my Pre over the last week or so (on 1.1 and 1.2). The only other thing I've done since then is I've been running FriendsFlow as a card all the time when I hadn't been before.

On 1.1 with it running my Pre swallowed all notifications/events- my morning alarm clock, 3 phone calls, 2 text messages, the missed call notification for the 3 calls, and 2 voicemails (over a 5 hour period) never showed up. I noticed email had frozen, so I closed all my cards, including FriendsFlow.... and then all of a sudden all of those notifications went off at once, as if they were happening within the span of 30 seconds.

On 1.2 just now, I had an issue where the phone was locked and I was trying to drag the icon up to unlock it but it wasn't recognizing my doing that. I also noticed the EVDO flicking on and off repeatedly. I opened the keyboard to unlock it, and again closed all open cards including FriendsFlow, and everything is back to normal.

Has anyone else noticed weird behavior with FriendsFlow running? Is it possible it has a huge memory leak? It's fully possible that it's another program causing my issues as well, I'm not trying to blame this, just trying to figure it out.
    i havent had a problem at all which of course im still running 1.1
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Version 0.0.45:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.0.45_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflow_0.0.45_all.ipk)
    * May have fixed "undefined" notifications bug
    * better text overlay on photos
    I noticed that when there was a large amount of text/caption over the pic, it wouldn't come into focus, which is now fixed. Thanks!

I have, however, noticed that if a large amount of text covers the picture, you cannot scroll to the next image unless you swipe an area that doesn't have text on it. Is it possible to fix this or extend the page down and have the text below the image? That way you can scroll down to see the caption and still have the image at full screen.
    This is an odd one. When I tap the "Refresh" button in the lower right, the arrow (not the button itself) disappears for a while and then comes back -- as though it is invisible while the activity animation is going on. A CSS or image issue of some kind?
    I just downloaded Friends Flow and was wondering if there was a user's manual? (ie. something that tells me all the features and how to use them) Thanks.

1. Can you see your own wall?

(answered my other questions through FAQ)

All I see that I am able to do is the following:

1. See new feed
    2. Post new status update
    3. Comment on others status update
    4. "Like" something
    5. View photos

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by tijerin; 09/08/2009 at 12:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    This is an odd one. When I tap the "Refresh" button in the lower right, the arrow (not the button itself) disappears for a while and then comes back -- as though it is invisible while the activity animation is going on. A CSS or image issue of some kind?
    That is the intended behavior. It tells you that it is working and you should not hit the button again.

Quote Originally Posted by tijerin View Post
    I just downloaded Friends Flow and was wondering if there was a user's manual? (ie. something that tells me all the features and how to use them) Thanks.

1. Can you see your own wall?

(answered my other questions through FAQ)

All I see that I am able to do is the following:

1. See new feed
    2. Post new status update
    3. Comment on others status update
    4. "Like" something
    5. View photos

Am I missing something?
    You are not missing something. If you find the 5 functions you listed to not be useful to you then do not use FriendsFlow. If you find them useful, then use them.

FriendsFlow does not (and probably will never) do everything you can do from the facebook web page.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Grepper,

Thanks! This is a great app and I use it quite often; much quicker than navigating through the site just to comment on a friend's status.

I was just curious though if when I set it to update automatically, does this happen even when the app is closed or only while it is open? Thanks again!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Hey Grepper thanks for this! Great app! and my current favorite
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    That is the intended behavior. It tells you that it is working and you should not hit the button again.

You are not missing something. If you find the 5 functions you listed to not be useful to you then do not use FriendsFlow. If you find them useful, then use them.

FriendsFlow does not (and probably will never) do everything you can do from the facebook web page.
    No, I find it EXTREMELY useful. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, that's all. Thanks for the app. I was dying for something besides the web-based Facebook that comes with the Pre. Sorry if you got the impression that I was complaining.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    No, I find it EXTREMELY useful. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, that's all. Thanks for the app. I was dying for something besides the web-based Facebook that comes with the Pre. Sorry if you got the impression that I was complaining.
    No problem. Don't worry about it.
    Are there any plans to add filters to FriendsFlow so that you can view a specific list of friends instead of all of them? I like how easy it is to read the posts via FriendsFlow but would be great if I can filter out certain "friends" by using the default list functionality in the Facebook site. Thx.
    Can you add text to a image that your uploading?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tallman2 View Post
    Are there any plans to add filters to FriendsFlow so that you can view a specific list of friends instead of all of them? I like how easy it is to read the posts via FriendsFlow but would be great if I can filter out certain "friends" by using the default list functionality in the Facebook site. Thx.
    It is in the "plans" but will not happen before FriendsFlow hits the App Catalog

Quote Originally Posted by ckzuber View Post
    Can you add text to a image that your uploading?
    Well, currently you can't upload images. So no. I don't think that will be done before 1.0 either.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I was dying for something besides the web-based Facebook that comes with the Pre.
    It doesn't actually 'come with' the Pre. It's just the mobile site x.facebook.com saved as a bookmark in the browser on the device. The other mobile site is m.facebook.com.
    I just downloaded it and was checking it out, it is better that the app that comes with the pre nice.

BUT - since it's still in BETA can you please add the functionality to post pictures you've taken with your pre and be able to make a comment on that same picture all at once? Basically like the iphone has going on.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    anyones notification icon look messed up?
    Grepper, I'd suggest putting the FAQ URL at the top of the original post above all of the version history, as its starting to get annoying seeing multiple people a day asking the same thing over and over because they won't go through the posts and see if their question has been answered already by you earlier..
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    The Palm Pixi is official, headed to Sprint this holiday season -- we've got hands-on and video!

Palm's Facebook app demo'd in the video at the bottom of the URL above.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    The Palm Pixi is official, headed to Sprint this holiday season -- we've got hands-on and video!

Palm's Facebook app demo'd in the video at the bottom of the URL above.
    Wow. Well, I personally find it a bit suspicious that they showed EXACTLY the same functionality that FriendsFlow has at the moment. (with the exception of being able to comment on photos, which is trivial to add)

In any case, FriendsFlow will be available for months before theirs, and hopefully I can add features which will make it fit a different place in the Palm ecosystem.
    Wow. Well, I personally find it a bit suspicious that they showed EXACTLY the same functionality that FriendsFlow has at the moment. (with the exception of being able to comment on photos, which is trivial to add)

In any case, FriendsFlow will be available for months before theirs, and hopefully I can add features which will make it fit a different place in the Palm ecosystem.
    I'm so thankful to have FF right now instead of months l8r
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts

No worries i'm sure ur app will be better than the facebook one. In any case, i will be purchasing ur app once it hits the app store.