I like the rest but it needs chat
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcohen2009 View Post
    will you ever have a chat feature?
    I like the rest but it needs chat
    Tell that to facebook.

http://friendsflow.com/faq.php

Honestly, facebook should just make their chat work with XMPP (jabber) and then it would work with WebOS natively just like google chat.

In any case, if you "need" chat, don't use this app, since it obviously don't meet your needs.
    How do you logout of Friendsflow and use it to login to another account beside uninstalling and entering the username and password for the other account?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    How do you logout of Friendsflow and use it to login to another account beside uninstalling and entering the username and password for the other account?
    The answer to that is still, you don't.
    Ok, thanks! Great app, I have a personal facebook/twitter and business facebook/twitter and wanted to be able to update on the fly like I can with twee/tweed and not mix up the two.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.0.44:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.0.44_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflow_0.0.44_all.ipk)
    * Fixed album swiping (I think) and added captions
    So it appears that no matter what I set the time interval for feed updates to, it just does 15 minutes. If I set it to manual, then it doesn't update unless I manually do it. Otherwise, if its set to a time, it updates every 15 minutes. This isn't such a big deal, as that is what I always had it set to before, but today I was messing around with it and wanted it less frequent.

Also, I get a lot of "Undefined" notifications. In that, that is all the notification says.

Tapping the notifications also doesn't bring up the application anymore, did you take that out? And then when I manually bring it up, I still have to swipe away the notification.

Sometimes when I'm in checking my facebook notifications, after I've marked them all read, when I swipe back the palm notification pops back up for the facebook notifications again that I've just marked read, then goes away.....

Thats all I can think of right now, the picture thing seems to be working much better now, however the captions will sometimes run over the picture if its a long caption. It would be better if it was below the picture, and a bit smaller font. Thanks. It still amazes me how fast you turn out these improvements...
    I notice that it will overwrite your last status update. I was testing with with twee to update status and when I go to the facebook website I see all my post but when I login via the app I only see the last one. For example I did three tweets from twee, about 9 minutes apart and the only one I can see via Friendsflow is the last one. Never noticed this before. In facebook it will say 3 similiar comments or however many posts I have made.
    I love this picture update. Though I have a few suggestions:
    -If the person posting a picture has a huge photo album and the picture posted is part of that huge album then the picture will never load or it will take forever. I hope you could find a way to load only the posted pictures not thw whole album. Or maybe limit it to 5 pictures.
    -As posted before the picture text are covering the pictures. I guess a small button to pop up the text would be nice. Or just to resize the picture on click and show the text. The picture full size view is really nice.

Something you forgot to mention is that youtube videos now open on the youtube app. Really nice dude! Love the work you've done!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I love this picture update. Though I have a few suggestions:
    -If the person posting a picture has a huge photo album and the picture posted is part of that huge album then the picture will never load or it will take forever. I hope you could find a way to load only the posted pictures not thw whole album. Or maybe limit it to 5 pictures.
    -As posted before the picture text are covering the pictures. I guess a small button to pop up the text would be nice. Or just to resize the picture on click and show the text. The picture full size view is really nice.

Something you forgot to mention is that youtube videos now open on the youtube app. Really nice dude! Love the work you've done!
    It loads metadata (mostly just a few urls) about all the photos in the album, but only loads the photos on demand. (It may preload the ones immediately left and right of that, it CERTAINLY doesn't do more than that.)

I'm not sure what to do with the caption. I may need to look around and see what others are doing. Many of the pictures are exactly the aspect ratio of the phone, so I don't want to make the images smaller. I'm hoping I can do a better job of overlaying the text over the photo without being obtrusive.

Youtube videos always opened in the youtube app. (Well, I think they opened the web browser and then that opened youtube...) I haven't changed anything related to that in a long time.
    What about maken the acceleromater work on the photos and addn to option to turn the sound on for status updates...and make the notification look like the rest of the webos notifications
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    wen are we going to be able to look at people's profiles?
    I notice that it will overwrite your last status update
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I notice that it will overwrite your last status update
    What does that mean? "overwrite"?

If you post twice, only the later one shows up for other people?

Or do you mean that if you post once, your "status" is the thing you just posted?

What does it do, and what would you expect it to do?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    wen are we going to be able to look at people's profiles?
    http://friendsflow.com/faq.php
    I'm loving the new version grepper. The new photo viewer features still have some work. I've had 2 different cases today where someone uploaded like 17 new pics and for some reason when I click on the status update, and then click on the pic, I can't go left or right, I'm stuck viewing that pic only like there is a dead wall on either side of it. Really like what you did with the text overlay though of the captions!
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    What does that mean? "overwrite"?

If you post twice, only the later one shows up for other people?

Or do you mean that if you post once, your "status" is the thing you just posted?

What does it do, and what would you expect it to do?

If I post twice only the last post is seen. I had several comments in a post but when I updated my status I was no longer to get back to that thread to post. The new post was not visible on the Pre, but when I login to facebook from my desktop the messages with comments are there.

I would expect it to leave whatever comments I have posted on the page and let me make new comments and still be able to comment on an earlier post. I Never realized it did that, I only recently started ramping up my facebook usage with your app.

By the way this app is great just noticed that issue when I was doing some heavy usage yesterday.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/07/2009 at 09:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.0.45:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.0.45_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflow_0.0.45_all.ipk)
    * May have fixed "undefined" notifications bug
    * better text overlay on photos

I'll look into your issue, mamouton, tomorrow.
    Thanks, I want to say that you are the most responsive developer that I have dealt with in this forum.
    Okay, so this might not be FriendsFlow's fault.... but I've been noticing a lot of weird activity on my Pre over the last week or so (on 1.1 and 1.2). The only other thing I've done since then is I've been running FriendsFlow as a card all the time when I hadn't been before.

On 1.1 with it running my Pre swallowed all notifications/events- my morning alarm clock, 3 phone calls, 2 text messages, the missed call notification for the 3 calls, and 2 voicemails (over a 5 hour period) never showed up. I noticed email had frozen, so I closed all my cards, including FriendsFlow.... and then all of a sudden all of those notifications went off at once, as if they were happening within the span of 30 seconds.

On 1.2 just now, I had an issue where the phone was locked and I was trying to drag the icon up to unlock it but it wasn't recognizing my doing that. I also noticed the EVDO flicking on and off repeatedly. I opened the keyboard to unlock it, and again closed all open cards including FriendsFlow, and everything is back to normal.

Has anyone else noticed weird behavior with FriendsFlow running? Is it possible it has a huge memory leak? It's fully possible that it's another program causing my issues as well, I'm not trying to blame this, just trying to figure it out.