Page 31 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Hi,

I have my notifications set to 5 minutes, but i'm not receiving updates (Not sure if anyone posted this. Sorry in advance) Also, I would like if you can incorporate a see all for likes. (Again sorry if posted)
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    So the timed feed update thing doesn't seem to work properly for me. It updates if set to every 5 minutes, otherwise any other setting never seems to update. And if set to 5 it only pulls new posts and comments, it doesn't show new facebook notifications unless I manually update. Further to that, I never get a palm notification anymore. If set to 5 minutes it will update, but unless I check I never would know.... I tried uninstalling and rebooting, then installing the latest, and its still like this. Any ideas? This is by far my favorite app, it should have been included by palm when I bought this thing....
    I fixed the notifications refreshing thing in the last update.

What have you tried setting the time to that doesn't seem to work?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Hi,

I have my notifications set to 5 minutes, but i'm not receiving updates (Not sure if anyone posted this. Sorry in advance) Also, I would like if you can incorporate a see all for likes. (Again sorry if posted)
    Is it possible the phone is asleep? Currently FriendsFlow does not wake the phone if it is asleep...
    Found an issue, the newest release doesn't include the update to always see all comments without the button.

Edit, it's the replacement of the sample comments with show all.
    Last edited by davenukem; 09/01/2009 at 08:52 PM.
    Also, another suggestion. How about a mark all read button (if possible, idk) on the notifications menu so that if we just don't care about notifications for some reason or another we can just discard of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I fixed the notifications refreshing thing in the last update.

What have you tried setting the time to that doesn't seem to work?
    i have tried 15 minutes and 1 hr. longer than that and i may as well do it manually. But I see in your next reply that if the phone is asleep it won't update automatically. I think maybe this is what I am seeing. My phone is asleep so its not updating. It would be much more useful if it did this even when asleep, like how email or tweed works.... I think I just misunderstood. I still think its not getting facebook notificarions automatically, but need to check with the phone awake since that is how its designed to work. Actually yep, while typing this on my phone I got a status update notification. So that is working... Thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    i have tried 15 minutes and 1 hr. longer than that and i may as well do it manually. But I see in your next reply that if the phone is asleep it won't update automatically. I think maybe this is what I am seeing. My phone is asleep so its not updating. It would be much more useful if it did this even when asleep, like how email or tweed works.... I think I just misunderstood. I still think its not getting facebook notificarions automatically, but need to check with the phone awake since that is how its designed to work. Actually yep, while typing this on my phone I got a status update notification. So that is working... Thanks for your help.
    I'll work on the waking up thing.
    I'll work on the waking up thing.
    But the waking up part will only with FF in the background or exited?
    Did you notice the comment bug I mentioned or is it just me? Or did you revert on purpose?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    But the waking up part will only with FF in the background or exited?
    Probably both.

Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    Did you notice the comment bug I mentioned or is it just me? Or did you revert on purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    Found an issue, the newest release doesn't include the update to always see all comments without the button.

Edit, it's the replacement of the sample comments with show all.
    Um. There has never been a way to make it "always" see all comments. When you click the "see all comments" button it replaces the sample comments with all of the comments.
    Probably both.
    bro that would be awesome if it could still give notifications while exited...remember to add if u like it to vibrate (on-off) and sound(on-off)...bc sometimes i would just want it to vibrate and not sound...thats how i use twee....only vibrate
    Ah ok, now i understand. I must have just look at a short post
    Still odd how the first time you load it, often the top 3 status updates or so don't load the profile picture, then if you exit the app and instantly load it again, they are all loaded perfect the 2nd time around.. is that just as good as it'll get?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Still odd how the first time you load it, often the top 3 status updates or so don't load the profile picture, then if you exit the app and instantly load it again, they are all loaded perfect the 2nd time around.. is that just as good as it'll get?
    I am considering caching the pics myself, which would fix that and use less bandwidth, but add significant complexity.
    Looking really good, but a few suggestions on the comment interface:
    -Now that the fonts are smaller, which is good, the "Comment" and "like" buttons look huge!! and that some royal space. I think comment and like could be half their size and be side by side on the same line as:
    Like Comment
    -Also the fonts in the textbox need to be resized to match the other fonts.
    -I think the icon could be better.

Great job man!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    -Now that the fonts are smaller, which is good, the "Comment" and "like" buttons look huge!! and that some royal space. I think comment and like could be half their size and be side by side on the same line as:
    Like Comment

Great job man!
    i think the fonts look perfect im afraid that if they're half the size...u would be clicking the wrong one?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Like Comment

Great job man!
    Good suggestions in my opinion, would deff make it look cleaner to make those buttons smaller . Also, i have been saying the fonts of the textbox need to be resized for a while now! Keep the updates coming grepper, love this app lol
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Not sure what's changed, but I have a certain person's posts hidden on my feed, but they're now showing up in FF. They weren't before, not certain which precise version it stopped working in as I've skipped some (on vacation)
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    could we have the app running in the background without it being open? kinda like how twee does it? and just have it pop up in the nofitication bar when a new notification comes up?
    What about additonal functionality like viewing pics, chat, and other functionality?